Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2011

Brian US

You also said that I cannot get a CSC scholarship through a school. However, I see some China schools where they advertise "CSC scholarship for postgraduate studies", and they just ask to me to send all materials to them, including the CSC application form. Never mention home country embassy, or anything. That's why I think that they are effectively the agents for CSC, acting like the intermediary. Correct me if I'm mistaken.

You're totally right with that Keown, but this definitely depends on the school and what country you are from. Most schools/countries still require you to go through your country's Chinese embassy. Think of this topic as being more specific to those "I already graduated and my school won't help me study in China; my school doesn't have a program and I need to apply directly, whata I do?"

The CSC runs all government scholarships from China. They deal with them directly, but also hand out scholarships to schools/organizations (Confucius Institute) to be like you said,"acting like the intermediary." Long story short, we don't really go into detail with these intermediaries as their requirements vary so much and are not open to everyone.

An example would be like the first time I did a study abroad through my American university. It was a two week program in Beijing where you could write a short essay and possibly get a $500 scholarship to the trip. Technically this money came from the Confucius Institute, which comes from the CSC. Yet, we don't want people writing on this topic,"The CSC will give me $500 to write an essay, whata I do?"

If a Chinese university says you can apply to them directly, then feel free to send them your application. However, if you are like me then you might want to also send your application directly to the CSC. My situation was I wanted to study accounting, but I didn't care what university I went to. If my top three choices turn me down then the CSC will just forward it on to others. This just gives you more options.

Hi Brian US,

i saw your CSC application in pages 21, and I am confuse.

Is that a handwriting?I mean, do you send two kinds of application forms?

One handwriting like that, and another is the print out from the online application?

I thought, if we had submitted the online application, then we dont need the other application form?

Am I wrong?Please confirm.

Thanks a lot

@saranisa

I guess you can print off the online application, but I didn't see where you can. I submitted it online, but sent in the handwritten copy. You should still physically mail your application as you will need the other documents.

Is my application still visible with those links and in the first post? Not sure if photobucket is now blocked in China, because I cannot get the images to work.

@hraczka

00006 is the agency number for the european application.

The deadline is March 30th. So if you haven't started any of it, i really don't think you'll get it done in time.

@Brian US

How come you did a hand written application form? When i filled it out online, it allowed me to download the application with all the details already on.

If i don't get the scholarship, i still want to apply to study for the September enrolment. Since people didn't find out till July/August last year, i think by then it'll be a bit too late to apply. Do you think it'll be fine if i apply directly to a University in May, so i can get a place if the whole scholarship thing doesn't work out?

If i don't get the scholarship, i still want to apply to study for the September enrolment. Since people didn't find out till July/August last year, i think by then it'll be a bit too late to apply. Do you think it'll be fine if i apply directly to a University in May, so i can get a place if the whole scholarship thing doesn't work out?

Yes it'll be fine. I actually did the same thing back in 2009. I REALLY wanted to go to China so i applied to Shanghai Jiao Tong in June while waiting for the scholarship results. I did forfeit the $70ish non-refundable registration fee and wasted the postage fee, but other than that you're not risking anything else.

I think last year was one of the first times they did the online application. I didn't see where I could print it out (didn't look too hard) and I probably already filled out the other application. Can you guys still see the application I filled out? I got over 10 questions on random parts like what do I put for education and family, so I just threw mine out there.

Brian >

Yes, even I can download your hand-written application form. I have also downloaded the original hand written form.

But, there are some differences about required documents in that form and in the CSC website.

According to the form, we may send our published academic paper to complete the applications. While I cant find this requirrement in CSC website.

I have one published paper and I plan to send it within my applications.

Do you think it is okay?

Crisgee > Thanks for the suggestions. I think I'll do that..

I have one published paper and I plan to send it within my applications.

Do you think it is okay?

Of course! You don't comes across many people with papers published. I think everyone can use their best judgment on what they can add to their application that will present themselves better.

• New Members

Hi,

I need some urgent help! I am applying from teh United States and need to mail in my application tomorrow morning. Does anyone know the official mailing address to send the CSC 2011 application to?

Is it the Chinese Embassy? What department? Any specific name? Please help!

Thank you!

SB

Hi all,

I have submitted my online application form and downloaded it.

But the form is so messed up.

Some letters are missing, and so does the table border. I barely can not read some data there.

I dont know what went wrong, but ofcourse I cant send it as my application.

Does anyone has experience like this?

Or should I use the handwritten application?

p.s : Does anyone know this scholarship quota?

Thanks a lot

Is the 20 page limit that important? My physician wants me to attach blood, ECG and X-Ray tests that happen to make the number of pages go over the limit - already strained by the pages added when doing a notarized translation of my degree + trasncript.

I don't know whether to replace the complete heart report (including ECG) I have now by one tiny ECG report he didn't like because he found something "they would nitpick". . . or to send the package as it is and exceed the limit by 8 pages.

• New Members

I have a question about a college diploma written in Latin.

I graduated from Boston College, which writes its diplomas in Latin. I see on the CSC application instructions that I am supposed to submit a notarized Chinese or English version of my diploma, but does anyone know if they make an exception for a diploma in Latin? I know a lot of universities in the US still use Latin - have other people had their Latin diplomas translated? Has anyone who only submitted a Latin diploma in the past received the scholarship?

I can actually access an official English translation of a Boston College diploma on the Boston College website, but it has blank spaces for the name, degree, and date. I can paste the translation into word and fill in the blanks, but I'm not sure what qualifications I need to meet to get this notarized.

Does anyone have any experience with this?