Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2012 General Discussion

Brian US

Hello my fellow members :) Merry X-mas to all of you.

I've got a question for you all. I'm a fifth year medical student at Tianjin Medical University. I'm a self financing student right now. I will finish my Graduation 'March 2012. I would very much like to continue into post-graduate studies. However I was wondering If I can apply for Chinese Scholarship the same year? I really don't know. Thank you all.

Where are you applying from? I'm studying a Bachelor degree in the Sun Yat-Sen University in Guangzhou. I still have two years left of my studies and I hope to get a scholarship for 1,5 years (three semesters starting in Autumn 2012) in order to finish my studies. Last spring the office for international students told me that they don't accept scholarship students for bachelor degree, but recently I found out that they do. I'm from Finland, but won't apply for the EU scholarship, because I'm an undergraduate student.

Just studying Chinese or pursuing a degree? I'm already doing my degree and want to finish it.

What did your local Chinese embassy say? They didn't know anything. Only said that the deadline might be on March. They adviced me to contact CIMO that handles these scholarships in Finland, but at CIMO's website they only tell about the EU one year Chinese language study scholarship. I contacted them, but the person is on a holiday.

Where and how did you get your papers notarized? I'm not sure if I will ge my papers notarized, probably will be trying my best with non-notarized papers.

Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? I'm already studying here at Sun Yat-Sen University.

Where did you get your Physical Exam done? Will do it at the same place in Guangzhou where I did the health check for my visa. Or will try applying without the health check form.

Anything else you learned or would like to share? YES! Don't trust anyone telling you infromation. My university told me that they don't accept scholarship students for bachelor degree, but I found out recently that they do. I could be studying on a scholarship right now if I hadn't believed them! I'm also wondering if I should apply through the embassy or through my university. They seem to mean the same scholarship but the deadlines are different. The university's information can be found here: http://iso.sysu.edu.cn/scholarshipjxj/80340.htm

• Like 1

I will finish my Graduation 'March 2012. I would very much like to continue into post-graduate studies. However I was wondering If I can apply for Chinese Scholarship the same year? I really don't know. Thank you all.

The scholarship will always start in September. Best to ask your school first.

• Like 1

What are rules about recommendation?

Can I use a current teacher who teaches me chinese at the university I am applying for a scholarship to attend?

Can I use 2 teachers as above?

Or is it best to use varied ones,

for example one current teacher, and one employer in my native country?

What are they looking for in a recommendation? how long should it be and say what, written in chinese or english or either

oh and what does notarized papers mean?

Has anyone here received the scholarship as a Chinese Language Student without including any letters of recommendation? If you got the scholarship, please respond whether you sent in zero, one, or two letters.

What are rules about recommendation?

We don't really know.

Can I use a current teacher who teaches me chinese at the university I am applying for a scholarship to attend?

Can I use 2 teachers as above?

Or is it best to use varied ones,

for example one current teacher, and one employer in my native country?

What are they looking for in a recommendation? how long should it be and say what, written in chinese or english or either

I wouldn't worry too much about the recommendation letters, it's just more fluff that they might not even read. Use your best judgement and I just had two Chinese teachers write them in Chinese, but I'm sure anyone will do.

oh and what does notarized papers mean?

Definition: notarize, notarise [ˈnəʊtəˌraɪz]

vb

(Law) (tr) to attest to or authenticate (a document, contract, etc.), as a notary

Basically just have an official document or make it look official. I sent a sealed transcript and had official looking health forms, so it doesn't necessarily need to be done by a notary.

Brian, first of all I want to thank you for this helpful thread.

I want to apply for CSC scholarship this year. And I am still confused about some things.

1. If I want to pursue a degree, do I need to have a certain level of HSK?

2. About the recommendation letters, as stated in the CSC web,..

"Applicants for postgraduate studies, or study in China as senior scholars must submit two letters of recommendation".

so the letters are required for those who want to pursue postgraduate course, no?

if I only want to pursue a bachelor degree, do I also need to have the letters?

Thanks before :)

Hello guys, I will finish my graduation in march '12 and I was thinking to take some course in Chinese language for like 6 months in a different university but in the same city until I get the post graduation scholarship. So, I can have sixth months study/living Visa in China and I don't have to go back to my home country. I also have heard If you've been living in China and If you have the Chinese visa you cannot apply for the Chinese scholarship and you need a one year gap to apply for the Chinese scholarship?

Can I apply for the scholarship even if I am living in the China?

Hi I am planning on applying for the Chinese government scholarship but I am still indecisive if to apply for aeronautical engineering or international politics (both my passion, aviation more so). I would like to know if anyone has been selected to do aeronautical engineering on a Chinese scholarship before and if so which university?

Regards,

Ron

• New Members

Hi,

I'm from Serbia, in 2011 I was finished college (journalism department) and I would like to enroll my master studies in China but I am a bit confused, should i send documents to the Chinese embassy in my country first, or i need to apply to college where I would like to enroll in master's program first, or I need to send the application form to the Chinese government scholarship program first ? Does anyone could explain to me what exactly should I do?

I am just starting to collect and document all the help and advice are welcome.

Thanks.

Recently I came to know about Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA); while I was planning for PHD. I want to know if DBA is covered in CSC scholarship. Help me out guys.

* I want to know how DBA in considered in China,

* CSC scholarship oppotunities for DBA,

* Universities providing DBA degree in China

The below link will give knowledge on DBA

http://www.grenobled...troduction.html

Help me out guys. My CSC application will start in 1st week of Feb.

Thanks in advance,

Jamuna

@Khaled Mohamed

I'll send you guarantor information you may use.

@ashiya

1. Not if you apply for 1-2 years of language training before you start your studies. I applied for a masters but also language training to start, where I didn't need a HSK score.

2. In your case, you will need two letters of recommendation.

@imcool

I applied and got the scholarship while studying in China on a student visa, so you're good.

@Joyzi

This has been discussed several times before and it really depends on the school and your nationality. I suggest you apply through your home country, but you could also try contacting your target schools.

Hello Brian, I have almost finished my application for the chinese government scholarship, i am applying for aviation technology but i need a guarantor, it will please me if you can help me out with info on a guarantor so that i can finish my application and submit.

Hello Brain , thanks for your help but i have another question i'm egyptain but my embassy agency number is wrong and i cant find the university agency number i want to apply for Tsinghua university. i wish you can help me getting my embassy or university right agency number ?