Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2012 General Discussion

Brian US

YooYee Nanthawatthana

Hi, everyone im from Thailand and ill apply for bachelor's degree in engineering this year. after i read all the topics above, i got sooooo confused!! please help me out. i have 3 questions now

1. do i need 2 recommendation letters? because in the documents required only postgraduates need it. am i wrong??

2. about the gurantors do i really have to fill it up? i dont really know anybody in china so pleaseee help me!

3. im not sure about sending my documents to the chinese embassy in my country . can i send it directly to the Thai embassy in China???

Thank you!!!

1. do i need 2 recommendation letters? because in the documents required only postgraduates need it. am i wrong??

Bachelor's degree needs 2 recommendation letters.

2. about the gurantors do i really have to fill it up? i dont really know anybody in china so pleaseee help me!

I'll send you some information.

3. im not sure about sending my documents to the chinese embassy in my country . can i send it directly to the Thai embassy in China???

Thank you!!!

No, send it to the Chinese embassy in Thailand.

I found a strange CSC Liaison Officer Contact Page. It gives you contact information of people in Beijing. Yeah. Good luck with that.

Just wanted to mention that there is an updated contact info page, and I not only attempted to contact them, but got a helpful reply as well. I am an American living overseas and asked them to confirm where I should send my application - they told me I should send it either to the Chinese embassy in the US, or directly to the university (preferably after contacting the university).

• Like 1

Hai,

I want to know about the university. Is every university in china receive the student for chinese language ? or just a a few university ? I want to apply to South China of Agricultural university...and i have email them, ask if they are receive student language, but theres no reply until now...Pls advise university in guangzhou who received chinese language student. Thanks

@Delly, Here is a .doc file with a list of all of the universities accepting government scholarship students. South China Agricultural University is on the list, and their email address is cie@scau.edu.cn

Here is a link to a CSC page listing the programs offered at that university, and it says they have Chinese Language and Literature.

For applications as language students, is there any preference as to whether we should:

1. Only send the CSC application to CSC with preferred schools listed, not apply to preferred schools (if only attending conditional on a scholarship)

2. Send the CSC application only to CSC, and also independently apply to preferred schools

3. Send the CSC application to CSC and preferred schools, and independently apply to preferred schools

I ask because will attend a university program only if I receive the scholarship.

Hi. For graduate students on direct application to the university, do we pay the university application fee before we send in the application or this will be taken cared of by the scholarship? I read on East China Normal University's website that application fee US $ 80 is to be paid with the note: applicant name, passport number

Many thanks!

@icebear

Let me help :)

The CSC application form is to be sent only to CSC ^^

And yes, in the form you include the list of your preferred schools, and it's 3 of them.

But about 'independently apply to preferred schools', it's all up to you,

or you better ask the person who handle this CSC problem in the Chinese embassy for your country, for more information.

The requirements may differ for every country, you know :)

---

@Brian

I haven't decided yet which school to applied to. But your suggestion really enlighten me.

So I need to apply to university which has a language program, right?

Err, but don't most of univs in China have language program? o.O

And you said, "If you apply to their language program..."

So, to get the admission letter, do I need to apply ONLY to the language program,

or BOTH language program and bachelor degree?

Regards,

about the recommendation letters. do they require specific teachers? (i mean math teacher, science teacher .... )

No.

Hi. For graduate students on direct application to the university, do we pay the university application fee before we send in the application or this will be taken cared of by the scholarship? I read on East China Normal University's website that application fee US $ 80 is to be paid with the note: applicant name, passport number

If you do get the scholarship, it will probably not cover the application fee.

I haven't decided yet which school to applied to. But your suggestion really enlighten me.

So I need to apply to university which has a language program, right?

Err, but don't most of univs in China have language program? o.O

If the school doesn't have a language program, then they will send you to one with a program. For example, Beijing University may send you to BLCU first to study Chinese.

And you said, "If you apply to their language program..."

So, to get the admission letter, do I need to apply ONLY to the language program,

or BOTH language program and bachelor degree?

Apply to the school you want to do your major studies at. You don't have to bother with finding a language school, because this will be done for you. I'm not sure how to select them seperately.

Reminder that this topic is for CSC scholarship discussion only. If you are intersted in certain cities and living there, look at their respected forums and re post your topic to get better feedback.

Hi. I have a rather trivial question, which was probably answered already, so I apologize beforehand. I want to get my master degree in China and get a CSC scholarship. I know it is not necessary to apply directly to schools you want to study at before submiting application to CSC office, if you are a Chinese language student. But what about as a degree student? Should I apply to targeted schools before and try to obtain some kind of acceptance? Or is it sufficent to just send the application to CSC which will handle the process of applying to schools for me? I tried to contact my number one school, but did not receive any answer. Thank you for reply.

• New Members

Mr. Brian, I am about to finish my undergraduate degree this april and I'm interested in applying for the Masters scholarship. I've read your study plan and it seems that you have a very impressive academic and experience record. Considering that though I am about to graduate as 'cum laude' but having not much of extra-curricular activities (I'm only a member of three organizations in my university), would it be better if I try to gain more practical (work) experience with the field that I want to study before I apply? I am actually of Chinese descent and I am really interested in getting to know my roots. Thank you! I hope you can give me a bit of advice:D

@ebenezum1

Up to you, I got the scholarship for a masters directly through the CSC. They picked the school.

@thelarkascending

We have no idea what will improve your chances of getting the scholarship, so just give it a shot. It's also not my study plan, but another member's.

To Brian: thanks for the reply. I actually found today, when I contacted my embassy that they won`t send my application to CSC and that my only choice is to apply for the scholarship directly to Chinese university. Apparently there are only 10 scholarships available for my country and all of them have been asigned to universities which decide who gets one. Now I wonder whether it is possible to apply to more than one university to increase my chances od getting a scholarship.

Hai,

I have contact a few university in China, but they told me that they are no received a foreign student to learn Chinese Language. I contacted university form the list universities under CSC. On the list, they have a chinese language program, but when i emailed them, they told me that they are not received language program. Pls advise the list of universities who received foreign student to learn Chinese Language.

Does anyone know how important it is what one enters under "Duration of the Major Study on the online application form? I am applying to do a Masters in History. From what I have gathered these are normally three years, but one can finish them in two under certain circumstances.Therefore I plan to enter 2years on the form, however I am not sure whether they will just think that this is not possible and reject it?Or is it just an estimate and one can basically can change ones plans regarding the length of study later on after being accepted?

From what I have gathered these are normally three years, but one can finish them in two under certain circumstances.

I think you're better off assuming you complete in the normal amount of time. What if the department you are assigned to insists you take three years, and you end up paying out of pocket for the final year because you assumed you'd be able to work under a different study plan?

• Like 1