Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2012

Brian US

@TYF

if i'm not wrong Tsinghua doesn't release any list but notifies winners directly by email. At least they always did so.

You can ask them if there is a way to know whether you are in or not.

don't know about the other 2 univers.

• New Members

1) What is your native country? Senegal

2) Where did you apply? Chinese ambassy

3) When did you apply? March 30 2012

4) When was the deadline? March 30 2012

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? First Time

6) What program did you apply for? One year language programme followed by Masters in Computing

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? TSINGHUA UNIVERSITY

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? TSINGHUA UNIVERSITY

10) Where did you get your physical done? In our case it will be done after acceptation before having visa

11) How did you get your documents notarized? At Police station

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? No red stamps need

Let's keep the discussion to CSC results. There are other agencies that will offer study abroad options, but feel free to add to the current discussions on the forum or start your own.

So am I correct to assume just because Peking University told me I received a partial scholarship that it may not in fact be the case, and that I should wait for the actual CSC scholarship results? That seems very weird if that is the case...makes it so preparing or deciding on school in China is rather difficult :(

@smossey

I think u should ask ur university. But If they told u so, I think u actually got a partial scholarship.

It depends on universities, some notify students very early, some very late. but csc scholarship results are out already (at least the first group). So if the notified u, it means u already got it, nothing to fear.

Did you apply for the scholarship with peking university recommendation (i mean they nominated you as candidate for scholarship) or you applied for it separately (sending transcript, degree, etc etc etc again to csc) ?

@Flipper86

I was told by the University I got the scholarship, and they subsequently asked me if I would accept the partial on the grounds I pay tuition. I applied for the scholarship through the Washington D.C. Embassy who must have sent it to Peking University so I wasn't nominated but applied on my own. Is there a website with the list of first round accepted applicants? I suppose if my name is on it I don't need to worry :P

ah well if the university directly told u that i think you don't need to worry. Usually students who don't get scholarship don't get any email nor call, only admission notice. Unfortunately I was looking for a general list too, but I think there isn't any, only some universities decide whether upload a scholarship winners list, but it seems peking, tsinghua, and other high level universities never do it...too bad. It would be interesting to know nationalities of other students who got it ^_^

• Like 1

I applied Chinese Government Scholarship , I Sent documents to Embassy in end of March , But i don't know they forward my application to CSC or not , In my country the Last date of Submission Documents is 31 April . So i want to ask that any News of CSC result .

I sent an email to Nanjing university, asking about the Chinese language program which I applied to and was not announced with the Master program winners. This is what the reply I got, from someone who didn't bother to introduce himself:

"Hi, Iam sorry that the CGS IS ONLY FOR Master/ Ph.D degrees. "

I guess it means I won't be studying in Nanjing? :-?

@Sumair Channa You have to ask the universities you applied for. I guess you applied for the scholarship choosing 3 universities as your preference. right? Just ask them, then you will know whether you got csc schol. or not. wish you the best!

@Tamir302 I hope I understood your situation. the guy who answered you talked about the scholarship only. I guess the language program is not considered as a master, but just ordinary course. Probably you will study at nanjing univers. without the scholarship. Did they email you the admission notice? Did you ask about scholarship only or the program you applied? each university has its own rules, and sometimes they make a mess. Hope the best for you.

Hey guys,

I applied for the EU Window scholarship. My personal circumstances are a little bit difficult to explain, but the point is that I got a great job offer from an audit multinational company, and if I accept the position and sign the contract, I will have to start in September. I've been given some time to consider to accept the offer or not, I have to decide until the end of June. However, of course, if I got a scholarship, I would reject the job offer, because going to China is more important for me than this job. But I want to avoid the situation of rejecting the job and not getting the scholarship at the same time. Do you think that the universities have already got the names of the candidates from CSC? The deadline for application was 20th May... Shall I e-mail the international offices of my three preferred universities? I have doubts that they have already got the names, but still... What's your opinion?

@Flipper86

I didn't directly applied to Nanjing University, only by the CGS, so I if I'm not accepted, I'm not supposed to study at Nanjing.

I'm just not sure whether the guy meant that no scholarships for language program have bben decided yet, or whether Nanjing doesn't accept language students at all.

Hi, guys, I applied for CSC scholarship and send my document directly to xiamen university. Middle of May, I received an email that I have been nominated by university for CSC scholarship. Unfortunately my name there wasn't in final list. I am so upset anybody knows why?

@amin Sorry for that, usually being nominated doesn't mean you get scholarship automatically. I just know that it doesn't matter how high your grades were at university, it depends on the level of your university, people who wrote the recommendation letters, relationship between China and the country you come from...very complicated...

• Like 1