Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2012

Brian US

@amin I still wouldnt give up hope yet! If you notice, Nanjings second batch are also grad students, there is still hope. It might have to do with the number of students who applied from the same country as you from, your major, if the Chinese govt thinks its worth their investment, etc.

• Like 1

important question!!!!

I read on website of Tsinghua university that each year students have to do the annual review to continue getting the scholarship!!! I thought it could cover the entire period!! what is the annual review?..omg...I hope I won't have to apply for a scholarship again and pray.. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

• Like 1

@flipper annual review is just that you have to write a form about the progress of your studies, seeing if you go to class and if your grades are decent. Its just a guarantee so that they arent wasting scholarship money on students who go and party all the time and dont get to class. Its not the same as re-applying like you did year each year.

@Flipper86

Don’t worry. As I have some friends in china who are studying under CSC scholarship, I know this review is just a simple procedure. Every year you should fill out a normal form and sign it by your supervisor. Just shows your attendance in school and something like that.

@android12380 You can't, because the scholarship covers the period in which you are doing the master. You must apply for it again if you want to get the scholarship for phD. Anyway if you got the scholarship already and university recommended you it will be easier to get it again for phD.

• Like 1

So I guess all the checks up I did wasn't enough, ah?

Making sure all the universities I chose are in the CSC list-check.

Making sure all the universities do have Chinese programs-check

Making sure all the universities offer their allotted Government scholarships to Chinese language students- Whoops, didn't think about that.

Basically that leaves me with only one university (out of 3) which does offer this kind of scholarship for language students. What do you guys think, does it badly hurt my chances? or if I'm not accepted to the university that I chose, maybe CSC will send me to another one as they see fit?

@DadaRosadat

You won't see much about the undergraduate scholarships yet because those results are unavailable. It seems that info won't be out until later in this month or next month.