Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2013 General Discussion

Brian US

thank you Adil for information

Im still wondering about this one : Transcripts in languages OTHER than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.

Im going to get English translation of my transcript in my university, should I also attach transcript in polish language??

should the reference letter come from the professor who taught at college or any professor??

I don't think they even read the reference letters, so your guess is as good as mine. As long as you get the required amount (~2) you should be fine.

If I apply for the CSC, should I still apply directly to Tsinghua University? Or do I just submit the CSC application

To be honest, I haven't heard of anyone attending Tsinghua on scholarship through the CSC, so I suggest applying directly.

i am currently 4th year student and will be graduated in june(i will take a statement from school that which explain my condition),so do i need to send my high school diploma with documents ? Secondly, do we have to send 2 copy of recommandation letters from professors and labarotary test results from hospital ?

Send your latest transcripts. Try to send a copy of the recommendation letters and test results, but tread carefully if it becomes too much and exceeds the page limit by too much.

@wangshirou

Try applying to schools directly, but if you choose to go through the CSC you will need to apply again and then you might be thrown in the stack with everyone else.

I'm not sure if this has been asked yet, but I'm not sure if I should apply now for a CSC scholarship. I'm graduating in 2014, and I intend to jump to a graduate program immediately after, so I was wondering if I should I apply for the scholarship now, or should I wait until next year?

Don't have much to lose to apply. Just send your latest transcripts.

""Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid"

Just means your doctor needs to sign or stamp the documents and throw in a passport photo and you should be fine.

So is this important for us to provide Admission letter with application.

Not required and not sure if it will affect your chances of getting the scholarship.

My question is: if I complete my two years of language study and decide I would like to stay and pursue a master's degree, would it be possible to apply to extend the CSC scholarship so I could stay and do graduate work? Or should I just apply for the master's CSC program now?

Just apply to the master's program now. Doesn't mean you have to start/finish it.

Fell behind on responding to posts, so hopefully I was able to respond to anyone requesting a guarantor. If you are still in need, please send a private message, or post and I will activate your private messaging capabilities.

Hey all! Such useful information!! one more though...

Any EU applicants out there!!??

On the CSC EU page its tells us to send our application materials to the 'Mission of the people republic of China to the European Union' in Belgium, but i feel i should just send my documents to the embassy in London seeing as im British.

The london embassy website does have info on the scholarship, but i cant see any of it, as its currently "under construction" (what?). The embassy in Belgium website has loads of info on it which i suggest other EU people look at (chinamission.be). It may be old news to some, but might help someone out there. Somewhere.

Hm... which one should i send it too?? Any advice?

Rewsay, you should send everything in duplicate. The limit is for one set, don't count both of them.

Has anyone applied/or is applying for a (Chinese-taught) Master's course at Fudan or Sun Yat-sen? I'm not sure if I should apply at the universities directly (using their agency numbers) or though the Chinese embassy in my country.

• Like 1

@Angelina

The csc.edu.cn site states that Masters applicants shall apply direct to Chinese HEIs undertaking this program within the set time, applicants may refer to their target Chinese HEIs for application details

I'm awaiting a reply from the university I've applied to, to confirm this

Don't forget to post here when you receive a reply.

I know some people from my country who got into postgraduate programs and they applied at the embassy in 2010 and 2011. There is a program called University Postgraduate Program now, so it might be different this year.

@hello.anna

Brian US gave the following advice when I asked where do Brits send their applications.

'Try contacting the Chinese embassy first, because my understanding from prior years is that they only offer scholarships through the Confucius Institute for British citizens.'

I just wanted to share with you guys that I just applied to BLCU through CUCAS, well, I made it because I thought that it maybe would be better if I could have one acceptance letter from the university before applying to the CSC scholarship, so I decided to give it a shot, don't know if I'll have it in time nor if it'll help. According to Chinese Embassy here in Brazil, deadline goes until the end of March, anyway, I'll have to wait until the end of this month to get all my examinations and stuff translated and signed, so...

Today I got my second recommendation letter. :)

Thank you Brian for the help.

希望我在中国可以遇到你们都。 :D