Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2013 General Discussion

Brian US

@MoKangWei

You should just send a photocopy of the Foreigner Examination Form, and take all originals including Xray with you to China

I applied direct to CUPL for a masters so hoping to get an acceptance letter before applying to CSC

@Spock

I'm applying to Bachelor, even though I already have a bachelor degree in Geography, my goal is to improve my Chinese and then reseach Chinese language. At first I thought it woud be great to apply to master, but my Chinese level wouldn't be enough for the course.

To BCLU through CUCAS, it costed me US$ 100, (R$ 198,00), and I can apply to another 5 universities through them.

@FredSaidYes

Yeah, I know about that photocopy part, but I mean, the ECG and the Xray won't "fit", so I've been wondering if just sending a copy of the report saying it's all normal will be enough... And then just take all the original x-ray plastic poster or "whatever that thing's name is" to China.

___

I'd love to see how it was filled, the health check form, I've seen one that said that the ecg and x-ray parts were attached, but I don't know what exactly was attached, if anyone have pictures I'd be grateful. :D

@spock

Only thing certain in life is death. Haha, I don't know, I guess I'll do as @fredsaidyes said, I'll ask my doctor to write normal on the formulary and attach a notarized translation from the clinic's report.

But I'll also call the dispatching authority fo further information next week, it's carnival here in Brazil, so just like in Chinese New Year in China, nothing is working.

• New Members

hi everyn one... Great job done by admin. Thanks for such precious info..

i am Tanveer Ali from pakistan. i want to apply for undergraduate program any medical relate program.

i need alot of info...

which medicals unis should i appy?

@ Adil @ Ali and @ Sumaira can u please give me some info? as per ur conversation IPC announced for just post graduate not for undergraduate?

i have contact Asif kalim malik he told that Chinese embassy didn't issue any latter yet for this program u guys should wait.

as they handled last year. u can see this link.

http://www.hec.gov.pk/InsideHEC/Divisions/HRD/ForeignDonorFundedPrograms/Pages/ChineseGovernmentScholarships,2011-12.aspx

@tanveer

sorry bro dont have much info about Undergraduate. try contacting the chinese universities, i hear tongji medical college is good. Go to CUCAS.edu.cn to find universities where ur program is offered.

I should warn you that ALL UNDERGRADUATE courses under the CGS are taught in chinese. Which is not as easy as its sounds.

Guys, I've been wandering through threads and threads but still there's something I don't understand. If I want to apply directly to a University for the CSC Scholarship, should I fill the laihua form with the University Ag. Number and then send the documents to the university address? I mean, if I want to apply directly to the university's CSC quota, it'll become the dispatching authority instead of my country's embassy right?

I've been thinking about sending one pack by the traditional way, through my country's quota, send another to BLCU with BLCU's agency number, another one to Sichuan Daxue and another one, maybe Fudan or Xian Jiaotong.

Also, it seems like I'm the only one applying to get another Bachelor Degree in Chinese there. I was thinking about taking the HSK here first, but I'll be inconvenient to go to another state only to take the HSK (600 kms), so I'll just take it when I get there, I'd take level four here, I hope to get six within two years living in China.

I just don't know what I'll do if I don't get the scholarship, I won't be able to support myself properly for more than one year there, I hope to get a part time job teaching Portuguese or 帮助在那里的巴西商人吧。

I called Brazilian Ministry of Education, last year they were offering 21 full scholarships, but only 17 got it, he told me that there are more scholarships than people wanting it around here, so I was all optimistic, however this year's full scholarship's quota is 15, so I'm nervous, those who applied before must know the feeling (Or those like me who are applying for the very first time).

But still, there's this programme's agreement between Brazil and China, called Science Without Borders (Ciência sem Fronteiras) which says that they are going to offer 200 partial scholarships. But I have no idea of how it's going to work, the websites aren't really helpful.

Anyway, 我真的希望我可以去中国进步我的汉语,这几年我是这么想去那边读书,可是我TMD穷吧,哈哈哈,所以我先在巴西大学毕业了,再上班了,那我现在可能去那里,但钱不够了。 嗯,为啥中国是这么远的呢?

Sorry for being Pain in the ...but I have one more question: copy of passport, they only want copy of first page of passport, right? one with picture on it

I've been wondering about few categories in physical form: Chest X-ray exam (attached chest X-ray report), ECC, Laboratory exam

(attached test report of AIDS, Syphilis etc) shoud my doctor write anything in there?

whats the difference between Vision/ Corrected vision shoud i just write the same eye defect in both categories?

Hello young sinologists,

First of all I want to express my sincere gratitude for your kindest will to answer to these questions.

My name is Alexandru Coltea and I am from Romania. I am applying for a scolarship (CSC) and i have a few misunderstandings:

1. It is a problem that I have completed and sent the Online Application, and after that I used the "Recovery" option? Now I can modify it and send it again. They will recieve 2 application from me? Or this online thing is just to generate an Application which you have to download and to print it?

2. Does it matter wich is my Chinese Proficiency? I wrote "Poor" but I am not sure if my level is better than that. ( In this moment I know about 450 ideograms)

3. (and most important) : For which scolarship do I apply for? I am student, 2 year, and I am 21. I apply for a Visiting Scholar or for Language Student? I am asking this because I have seen that for Language Student application there is no "1 or 2 years for learning chinese language". My target is to go to China and study Chinese Language.

4. The last question is if I need to complete with Yes or No at the question "Do you need Elementary Chinese Study prior to the Major Study?"

Thank you very much and I would highly appreciete your kidness to answer me about these questions.

Please accept my consideration.

Alexandru

I am applying for the scholarship but am in a weird situation...

I already live in China, (I'm American) and I already study

at a University in China, but my classes are in English...

Also, I have been unable to get my diploma, I am screwed without it?

Should I try to get it even if it is a pain?

Hi to all!

I got some info about online form from university and i would like to share to all....bcz its a really confusing matter....

we can apply to more than one university and we can submit more than 1 online form with different university set as preferance in online form,

and also about MBA prgram in Tsinghua university...I was thinking to apply for MBA program and I got this reply....

Please kindly note that applicants are required to apply for the CSC to the Chinese Embassy in your home country and apply to our MBA program through our online application system separately. You don’t need to send CSC application documents to Tsinghua.

The tuition fee of Tsinghua-MIT International MBA program is around RMB 200,000 for the two-year program. The CSC will only cover RMB 10,000-20,000 each year. Accommodation is covered and monthly stipend is RMB1700.

1. My "Foreigner Physical Examination Form" it is not printed off front and back on a single sheet. It's big problem?
  2. Brian us said "To be honest, I haven't heard of anyone attending Tsinghua on scholarship through the CSC, so I suggest applying directly." . Nobody went to Tsinghua University by CSC Scholarship?

1. Can I recieve a guarantor name contact, please?
  2. The letter of recommandation should be written by hand or by computer?

3. I dont know what to write on the Application Form: At highest diploma post-50764-0-90102200-1361011478_thumb.png do i write the Baccalaureat Degree (from highschool) ? I haven't finished the college/faculty/University or how it's called in English. Please answer to this matter, thank you very much!

• New Members

@BrianUS

I want to send my application to the Chinese embassy in Germany directly. But how exactly do I send it to them. Just the embassy's address? Then how will they know to forward it to the CSC office in Beijing? Should I write Chinese COuncil Scholarship on the package somewhere?

Also, could someone link me to a copy of an empty application form. For some reason I can't open the link at the beginning of this discussion. Or send me an empty cop to my email. I would greatly appreciate it!!

felix.vollrath@gmail.com

regards

Felix

CHANGING YOUR UNIVERSITY - SUCCESS :)

hi all,

i was awarded CSC one year language study scholarship for the second time in 2012 and wanted to post my story here:

I had gotten the scholarship before in 2010 and studied Chinese for a year (at BFSU), then done an MBA (without scholarship, at UIBE) and then applied again for the language scholarship which was granted. Since i was at UIBE at the time i also selected UIBE as my first choice, but i was awared a scholarship in Tianjin instead - very mafan.

i called several of the officers at the CSC office in Beijing and asked to be transfered to UIBE, which they first said was impossible, but after several more tires they asked me to get a confirmation letter from UIBE, explaining why I should stay at UIBE and with that, my scholarshio was transfered within 3 days.

So, it's not impossible, you just need to find a helpfiul person at the university you want to study at :)

Good luck everyone with the 2013 applications!

Steve

1. It is a problem that I have completed and sent the Online Application, and after that I used the "Recovery" option? Now I can modify it and send it again. They will recieve 2 application from me? Or this online thing is just to generate an Application which you have to download and to print it?

Shouldn't be a problem. They can look at your online application on its own, but I also suggest sending in a physical application.

2. Does it matter wich is my Chinese Proficiency? I wrote "Poor" but I am not sure if my level is better than that. ( In this moment I know about 450 ideograms)

No one is sure, but just make clear if you want 1-2 years of Chinese before your studies begin.

3. (and most important) : For which scolarship do I apply for? I am student, 2 year, and I am 21. I apply for a Visiting Scholar or for Language Student? I am asking this because I have seen that for Language Student application there is no "1 or 2 years for learning chinese language". My target is to go to China and study Chinese Language.

If you don't have an option for one to two years of language under language student, should be fine going with visiting scholar.

4. The last question is if I need to complete with Yes or No at the question "Do you need Elementary Chinese Study prior to the Major Study?"

Since you aren't a degree student it should be a no.

Also, I have been unable to get my diploma, I am screwed without it?

Should I try to get it even if it is a pain?

Yes, even if it's an unofficial transcript.

@Brian Us: "If you don't have an option for one to two years of language under language student, should be fine going with visiting scholar."you:

This is why I am asking you: post-50764-0-19818200-1361113329_thumb.png

In the end, I don't even understand what Chinese Language Student scolarship means

Many thanks!