Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2013 General Discussion

Brian US

• New Members

Hi guys,

Hope you are all having luck with your application, except if you live in Alberta Canada ;)

For us the application was due at the beginning of January (technically December 18th) but I do believe you can still apply for the scholarship through the Canadian federal government. If you are interested in applying for next years batch of scholarships you can never start too soon. The Alberta government is very helpful with the application process, I did not have a passport at the time I sent mine in (Which is required) but they helped me fix this issue. If you are unsure of your application, do not worry!!! The International & Intergovernmental Relations Branch of the Alberta government will look over your application before they send it to the Chinese consulate. If there is any issue with your application they will email you so that you can fix it before they send your application on January 3rd.

The only other info they really give you is that you will be notified in april as to whether or not you have been accepted.

A little information about me I guess,

I am a University Undergraduate student who lives in Canada and am finishing up my first year of Chinese language courses at University. I have been accepted to Tsinghua university for a 1 year exchange prorgram, but since this can be very expensive I am looking into other options. I have no other formal language training outside of the first year chinese courses. I have actually never left Alberta, so I am hoping for a tremendous experience by going to China and learning Chinese.

This is why I have applied for the CSC scholarship. I am not a remarkable student in any capacity, so if I recieve news that I am accepted for the CSC scholarship then you are almost certainly guaranteed to receive it as well.

If you do not believe that you qualify for the scholarship or that you cannot wait another year to apply for the CSC scholarship, I suggest you apply to your Study abroad program at your University. As I have said, I do not have a very good GPA. But I was the only applicant for the Tsinghua university exchange, so I was accepted. So it might be the same for the CSC scholarship as well (I will post again in april to let you know my result), but your chances are very good if you live in Alberta.

All my best, and many thanks to Brian US for being the only actual resource available for help with the application. Apologies for any sentences that do not fit in well, I am very tired of this Chinese compositon due tomorrow.

潘伟志

(I messed up my profile name :P)

Okay, so Ive been reading a lot of things regarding the foreigners physical examination form. What Ive been hearing/reading is that all the physician needs to do for the chest x-ray is write no abnormalities found (or something along those lines.) I am also getting the same impression with regards to the blood test results. Is it recommended that I contact my local Chinese consulate/embassy to confirm what is actually needed? I have been getting mixed messages about the examination form and I just want some clarifications. If anyone can clarify these inquiries for me, that would be great. Thanks.

Hey all,

So, I've been in the process of completing the application for the last month and a half. I'm nearly there, I have all my materials and everything seems to be in line. However, I have 2 questions that have been causing me much anxiety: First, For the Application form and the FPE form do I have to have actual pictures attached to both or would a copy with a notary stamp over half of the photo suffice? Second, should I use the handwritten application form or the PDF I printed after completing the online application? If anyone has helpful answers, please contact me at your earliest convenience.

@m21

When you write recommendation letters though your teacher they have to write/ mention your subject I.e. m21 is a good honest n hard working student. I know him since past couple of years/months unlike many students who are not decided Mr. m21 wants to study Masters/bachelors in..... bla bla etc I feel great if he's provided this scholarship etc

I wish him good luck

Simple as that :)

@ swnickell

X-ray - No any abnormalities found

its enough no need to write anything else

Hello everyone,

I am also applying for the CSC 2013 to study for a master's degree. however, the program am applying for is offered in 3 institutions, of which one offers it in English and the other two offer lessons in Chinese. Now I have a problem in filling in the form on how long I would like to have Chinese preparatory course coz I really want the English course, since I think Chinese will pose somewhat a challenge to me and I will not be able to perform to my level best.

So, should I fill in for the preparatory course or maybe I should just write n/a? plus will this not make my application unsuccessful as they might think am not interested in the language of the country?

Will really appreciate your help...

• New Members

Hi I am applying for the 1 year Chinese language program through an embassy for Tianjin University could I also apply directly to another university like Beijing International Studies University? In order to do that would I have to create another account online or should I fill out the application form by hand?

@ NoahHouse

For Physical examination form doctor (MD) stamp should cover half of the your ORIGINAL pic and half of the physical form so when you print out Xerox copy of your form it should be visible also it indicates that picture is genuine. but stamp on the photo requires only on Physical form you don't need a stamp on application form just your true pic (PP Size) is enough Second whatever you're comfortable with you can fill form though PDF format but make sure you signature at last cause without it your application will be rejected. Hope that helps

@ Jola

You have two options you can either leave other two options and just write your preferred university name or you can fill out all three options including the other two Chinese language institutions names. however if you'll just write one university name its 50/50 you might or might not get scholarship cause CSC is never a sure thing. Sometimes they put you in random university you never heard or out of your three choices. So better find other two university which offers course in English and fill all three options. Good luck.

Fuuu, today I just went to get my health form, it took a month to get all the papers done, mostly I had to wait for my health plan's bureaucracy to allow me to have it all, my doctor didn't stamp my pic, just the two sheets with a stamp with her name and her doctor's associate number here in Brazil.

I'll just translate two more exams to attach and add to my "Health Form Pack" and send it.

So...

I have done:

- Scholarship Application Form from Laihua.

- Foreigner Health Check (Blood tests, ECG, Eye testing, xray)

- Two letters from former Associate Teachers.

- Study plan with more than 500 words (As they recommended on Brazilian embassy)

- Graduation Certificate.

- Graduation Transcript.

- High School transcript (Just in case)

Around 18 pages... I think I'll add my passport photocopy.

Now, what I want to know is... Which of these must be notarized?

Next monday I hope to be sending the two collection of documents to Brazilian Ministry of Education for them to send to Chinese Embassy, then they'll send to Beijing... Meanwhile I'll be here anxiously waiting until june/july.

Am I missing something?

thank so much for the answers.

few more qs.

1. can some confirm that study plan is not needed for language students and a few lines is enough? what i mean to say is, is there anyone who got the scholarship with out writing it (an 400 words) ?
  2. do i need to notize the physical examination photocopies
  3. do i have to attach proof of the jobs i'v held that I mention in the application?

Thank you so much imcool for your response. Unfortunately, I have checked and only one University is offering lessons in English. I have decided to include the institutions that offer lessons in Chinese and include 1 yr of Chinese preparatory course on the form, tho am not sure if that is enough for me to master the language - I am at level zero in Chinese...lol

i cannot log in to the laihua neither.

MoKangWei wrote:

"I have done:

- Scholarship Application Form from Laihua.

- Foreigner Health Check (Blood tests, ECG, Eye testing, xray)

- Two letters from former Associate Teachers.

- Study plan with more than 500 words (As they recommended on Brazilian embassy)

- Graduation Certificate.

- Graduation Transcript.

- High School transcript (Just in case)

Around 18 pages... I think I'll add my passport photocopy.

Now, what I want to know is... Which of these must be notarized?"

I am from Romania and i had to translate + notarize the Blood tests and x-ray as well. Hope it helps. And the highest diploma (transalted + notarized) , and also the transcript (translated+notarized) = but in my case i recieved it in English so i asked for 2 in originals.

Also, i have asked for a Certificate to prove that i am a second year student fulltime and also i have translated and notarzied this document.

Ahhh. I hate the website for being down. I was about to send out my application now that I finally have everything that I needed.

But maybe that was a good thing.. because I decided to browse and noticed that HIT's application deadline has passed :( Does anyone know if this still applies to CSC applicants or should I just switch this choice out? Thanks.

now laihua is working just fine, guys I want to apply for 2 schools by using theirs agency numbers in my aplication I have submited one application and well my account is kinda blocked (I have to waif for acceptance from this univsersity) I can only retrive application which I belive will cancel it.

Shoud I create a new account to submit another application?

• Like 1