Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2013 General Discussion

Brian US

I realize this is probably the best place to get an answer related to the CGS, (I also posted in the American/EU sub section)

I have a question.

I know universities can forward a recommendation to the CSC after being *accepted* to a university you apply to (as stated on uni websites).

HOWEVER, right now it's March 3rd, and the deadline is basically March 15th, and I haven't applied to any universities. I'm assuming it's too late to apply to the universities I'd like to attend (Zhejiang, Tsinghua), and then send in my CGS scholarship forms with the acceptance letters.

Now, for the online and physical CGS forms, would I simply put those two univerisites in my #1 and #2 spots and hope for the best? Because basically at this point, the only option seems to send JUST the CGS application to the Chinese Embassy and hope for the best, true?

Also,

the dealines of March 15th and April 30th, are those for the Online CGS applications, or does the Beijing Office need a physical copy of the CGS application and all documents by March 15th and/or April 30th?

When applying to certain schools which only offer Master or Doctorate programs, can you still apply as a Chinese Language Student and hope to learn Chinese for 1-2 years?

On the CSC website, it lists colleges that are under the CGS scholarship program, but when looking at the available programs, none offer a "language program"....

Is there any way to still attend those colleges?

Any answers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

• New Members

Hi! I'm a US citizen applying for the scholarship to study Chinese.

Does anyone know the address and what part of the embassy to send the application to? I called the embassy and the person who picked up had never even heard of the scholarship.

Also, do you send the recommendation letters all together with your application or do I have the people recommending it send it to the CSC council or directly to the embassy?

Thanks!

Guys, today I'm going to send the documents to apply to the Brazilian quota of CSC's scholarships, soon I'll also send to the OAS's quota, but I don't know which agency number I should use, for OAS is an international organization based in US, but still I'm not sure wether it must contain the US's number or Brazil's.

Does anybody know something about it?

Btw, Brazil's deadline is March's 30th.

OAS is April's 12th.

• New Members

@ NAveed .

Dear Naveed if you want to start your PG on scholarship this year September 2013 .The easiest and 100 % confirm way is to get it in Xinjiang medical university .We have been doing that and helping students . For further information you can mail me on zafarullahyousafzai@gmail.com , or call my cell no . 00923340983287 .

• New Members

Hi iam from Philippines, and i am applying for the chinese goverment scholarship this year. But my problem is, i dunno what and whom to put as the guarantor. please help me on this matter. i really want this scholarship. Thanks :)

• New Members

I was wondering how recent the information on the Foreigner Physical Examination Form has to be? And does everything have to be filled out if it normally does not apply to people in their early 20s?

MichaelUSA

I'm nearing the end of the process, and I'm having trouble finding out to whose attention I should send my packet in the Chinese Embassy in D.C. I want to make sure that my application makes it into the hands of the people who will be forwarding it on. Do you have any idea who to send it to? I've been to the embassy website and made some calls but so far I have only been getting through to voicemails (and leaving messages!).

yeah i'm not sure who to send it to either in that embassy.

• Like 1

• New Members

hi everybody

I've got an issue. Recently i applied for CGS for Masters program. In the checklist of the online form i tick marked both,highest transcript and highest diploma (bachelors) but physically attached transcript only as i didn't had my bachelors degree at that time. Will my application be accepted? or it will be a problem? Kindly reply me ASAP.

Regards

同学们,我刚才接受CUCAS的北京语言大学的接受信,下个九月我搬家到中国上大学,那有没有中华人民共和国的奖学金的话,我都会去那边。哈哈哈,但是我真的希望我能拿到这个奖学金吧。但是我已经很开心,所以我就想分享我现在心里的感觉。祝大家好运!

@Vicky75

Here is a quote earlier from BrianUS of him answering a similar question:

Also, I have been unable to get my diploma, I am screwed without it?

Should I try to get it even if it is a pain?

Yes, even if it's an unofficial transcript

So it seems that anything would have helped other than sending nothing. I wouldn't stress over it though because the college transcript will show you have progressed higher than high school at least. Just hope and wish for the best.

MichaelUSA and slasherchinese

this is directly from the DC's embassy website

Instruction for Students’ Online Application for Studying in China under Chinese Government Scholarship 2013-2014

Step 1 Log on to http://laihua.csc.edu.cn.

The applicants should register for a username and password before logging on.

Step 2 After logging on to the system, please read the ‘ ONLINE APPLICATION GUIDANCE’ and follow the steps.

Step 3 Click the button ‘NEXT’ and select the scholarship that you want to apply for.

Please select the Chinese Government Scholarship, unless you are applying for other Cooperation Programme Scholarships.

Step 4 Please note that the ‘AGENCY NO’ is one of the most crucial parts of your online application. It is listed in the first blank under the ‘PERSONAL DATA’. Please make sure that you fill it in correctly otherwise you will not be able to continue your online application.

PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU APPLYING THROUGH DIFFERENT DISPATCHING AUTHORITIES, SUCH AS THE CHINESE UNIVERSITY, CHINESE EMBASSY OR CONSULATE GENERALS, THEY ALL HAVE DIFFERENT AGENCY NUMBERS. The Agency Number of the Chinese Embassy to the US is 8401.

Step 5 Please fill in the online application form truthfully, correctly and completely following the steps listed on the left of the page.

The Applicants are required to select the disciplines before choosing their majors. For inquires about the disciplines and majors, please refer to the Discipline Index, which can be downloaded from ‘HELP’.

Step 6 Preview the application form after finishing it and submit it online.

Step 7 Please download the finished application form b clicking the button’ DOWNLOAD APPLICATION’ and print it out.

Step 8 Please prepare other supporting documents as required and send the full package of the application documents to the dispatching authorities in duplicate.

The deadline for the application is April 30, 2013. Please make sure that you submit all the required documents before the deadline to the dispatching authority.

The Mail address of the Education Office of the Chinese Embassy is:

3505 International Place, N.W

Education Office

Chinese Embassy

Washington DC, 20008

Pleases include the copies of Physical Examination Report and Blood Examination Report in the package and keep the original reports with you for later usage when you go to China and register in the university.

Internet Explorer (6.0 or 7.0) is strongly recommended, otherwise inconvenience may be caused by other browers.

Only Chinese and English are accepted for the online application.

If you have further questions, please contact us via: jiangyiliu@yahoo.com.cn, or zhangjin@sino-education.org

If you dont have a bachelors degree yet u can just maek a letter stating the date of ur graduation and get it stamped from ur university that will work and when u come for registration when u get scholarship bring ur final bachelors degree then....that will do