Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2013 General Discussion

Brian US

@brian.. Hi im planning to apply to BLCU chinese language program and have a few qs

• Exactly how many months is 1 semester? because i saw a lot of people gushing abt their 6 months in BLCU but If i count the short term course durations highest it comes to is 4 months
  • Whom should the recommendation letter be addressed to? or should be simple write 'to whom it may concern'
  • Is study plan really needed for language students ? anyone have a sample?
  • Is passport copies needed? i know its not written but it seems strange so im confirming?
  • Does anyone know where can find a list of approved hospitals for physical examination online? or is the embassy my only hope
  • did any one ever get csc scholarship for language program for short term courses like 4-6 months? or it is strictly 1-2 yrs. im considering 1 yr but ideally i would like to stay for not more than 6 months

This forum is really helping me :) I'm from Indonesia and I want to apply this CSC Scholarship this year. There are some question that I would to ask, hopefully you might help me out.

1. Now I'm studying Chinese Language in Guangzhou. Can I use my last year Physical Examination that I've done in Guangzhou?

2. That Letter of Recomendation are needed for apply undergraduate or not?

3. Can I send the application to my embassy in Guangzhou?

Thank you very much :)

What is the difference between permanent and present address?Where will we get all the visa and admission documents delivered if we get the scholarship?

I am very confused about it....if we get admission where will they send us all the documents??

My present address is extremly unreliable, I never get the mail.....:(

hellow, am tanzanian, is there any other tanzanian in this forum who is applying for this scholarship? my problem is i dn't have any guarantor, can you help me with this one (name and contacts)? and what if i don't mention any guarantor? also i have completed my BA last year and i have the transcripts but the university has not yet issued the certificate yet until march, i was thinking of it to be issued but am afraid i can't meet the deadlind, so can i just attach my transcript? also the issue of sample work is it so necessary? coz applying to different five universities so as the chance of getting schlarship will be high so photocopying of all sample works X five will cost me alot,

Hey guys, I have a quick question. At the beginning of the thread, it is mentioned that the foreigners physical examination wouldnt take much time (around 20 mins). However, after examining the form, it requires x-rays and lab tests. Are these necessary, and if so, do they cost extra? If anyone who has gotten an examination in the past could comment, that would be great. Thanks.

@m21

I can attempt to answer some of this for you justf rom what I've read and my experience having gotten scholarship last year.

#1) PKU's semester went from Septermber to about December if I remember correctly. The next semester went from early February to July. Perhap's slightly longer than an undergraduate semester, but not terriblly so.

#2) "To whom it may concern" is probably fine. I had mine made out "To the board of the CSC".

#3) Not neccessary for language students according to earlier posts, but a good sample is on the opening page for general discussion BrianUS posted. Maybe a few sentences to say you want to learn Chinese wouldn't hurt. A study plan from Kdavid is posted there too.

#4)Passport copies aren't needed, but if you feel comfortable sending them you can attach them inthe extra documents section.

#5) Any hospital should do as far as a I know

#6)Never heard of a semester long CSC. I would greatly bet against it occuring, and I believe it is only for 1-2 years. I suppose you could go and leave after one semester...but you are in China for free so why not stay?

@swnickell

I highly doubt they need all this information, but please take my advice with a grain of salt. I think as long as your doctor says that everything checks out you should be fine. I remember asking this of my primary care doctor, and also of the hospital last year and they looked at me like I had three heads. In short if you can get it done...great! If not, I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it.

• Like 1

Hello everyone! :D

hope you're all doing fine. Well, I'll go right to the point. I'll be pleased if someone who has been selected to this scholarship before or someone who's applying to it this year can contact me to share points of view, experiences, and details about the topic. Me and some friends want to apply for this scholarship, we're from Chile, and we need more info about it before taking a decision.

If someone is interested in skyping (Oliver.tusco1), chatting on Facebook (OliverTC) or via e-mail (Oliver.t.calle@gmail.com) , just do so!

thanks so much! and good luck with the whole process! :D

Oliver

Hello everybody,

My question is quite simple, yet very confusing: exactly how many months do CSC scholarship recipients get the scholarship money? Is it 10 months or 12 months?

The first semester ended in December, second semester starts in March, yet we got money in January and February. Second semester ends in July, but I heard we only get money until June. It's a little confusing, because our school also has Confucius Institute Scholarship students, this Hanban program offers offers one semester and one academic year scholarship. Classmates study just in the first semester got money from September to February (6 months), I guess it would be fair if the other students come for the second semester also get 6 months money (from March to August). If they get scholarship for 6 months, I guess we, CSC students should also get scholarship equally. The problem is I can imagine that the university just keep the last two months' scholarship money, because they suppose we don't know we should get money in those two months... So, is there an official document about CSC scholarship covering the school holidays? (which seems to be the situation, because during our 寒假, we get money). If there it is, where can I find it online?

Thanks for any kind of replies!

• Like 1

Oh, okay, sorry for bothering you, roddy.

I originally didn't want to ask this question here, because in most cases, discussion here is about how to get the scholarship, which is a little bit unrelated to my question, but I hope there will be someone who can answer me :)

Sorry again for the inconvenience.

Hi everyone,

I have lot of doubts. My application is for PhD. When i spoke to the authorities i got these many doubts.

1. what is a study plan, what is a phd research proposal? How different are they both? I was told that both needed to be submitted. I know about research proposal but i dont have an idea what is study plan and how different it should be.

2. in our country we have one mark sheet every semester. end of the degree we get a degree certificate which carries the name and class passed. Should i submit all the mark sheets and degree certificate or any one is enough for CSC?

3. i have studied different languages. shall i attach that certificates too?

4. how careful should i be in selecting my universities? in our country PHD admission is about availability of guide and fund. How same is this in China?

5. what is the validity of reference letters?

6. in the last year application invite, it is given that the application should only be 20 pages. does this 20 page refer only to application form or along with certificates?

7. should i submit marksheets of my under graduate degree also? or my post graduation is enough?

8. should i attach my resume with the application? if yes, can i attach my linkedin profile? or should it be a formal resume that we carry for interviews?

Sorry for these many doubts.

@ Dorimi: I was wondering that too when I went to order my transcripts but decided against it. I dont think its neccessary because when you order official transcripts they put a seal on the envelope which says that if the seal is broken then it has been tampered with. I just received mine in the mail and was like *phew* because it looks very official.

Got good news today that I was accepted for a short program in Taiwan from July-August! However, this seems to present me with a slew of problems in reagrds to the CSC application. I'm in Taiwan till at least August 23rd (+1 day to get home). Let's say August 25th conservatively. I'm sure I'll have some way to access email while I am out there, but may not have a phone. My plan was to go straight from Taiwan to China if awarded the scholarship. Problem is if I don't hear until July-August like it seems could happen how am I supposed to get my Visa all squared away, and just generally prepare for an extended trip in 5 days! Also financially I should buy my ticket to Taiwan soon before prices rise, and don't know whwther to get 1 way or two way haha! Anyone has anyone or does anyone know of anyone who has been through this in a simialr situation? If I knew before July 1st when I leave this shouldn't be a problem as I can prepare.

im really confused with medical tests, when i went to the hospital (the one the embassy told me to go to when i finally got to talk to them after days of trying) they said they didnt see this form before. (i was sooo pissed)

They said they dont know what to write in the eyes, ears part. can someone plz help me with this.

also it would be great if someone could scan their foreigner physical examination form, atleast the 1st page so that i could show.

i understand i need Xray scan, and ECg and blood tests. do i only send the photocopies of the 2pgs form (god knows) when i get it done?

I am doing bachelors from china...nd when i came first time i sent only my blood report and ecg....nd it worked..now i am applying for masters schoalrship and i got my medical done from a hospital in china...they knew about this form and they didnt give me any xray or ecg results...simply they wrote

CHEST X-RAY: no abnormal findings of hear lungs and diaphragms

ECG: No abnormal findings

ULTRASONOGRAPHY: No abnormal findings

Although for blood report they wrote a whole lot of stuff...all what they have to write on separate paper ask to write or print on that part of form it saves you a page from the page limit of 20

for the first page from the

DEVELOPMENT section----to----NERVOUS SYSTEM you have to write ="Normal"

except for the following

vision= L (NOTHING*) R (NOTHING)....if your eyesight is not weak or you give the test with your specs on,if its weak or u r not wearing specs just write how much is your number

*means just write L R nothing else

Corrected vision= L (1.0) R(1.0)....if your eyesight is not weak or you give the test with your specs on,if its weak or u r not wearing specs then write L (NOTHING) R (NOTHING)

(this is what the ydo in china i think)

and the last of this section is OTHER ABNORMAL FINDINGS=no abnormal findings.

THATS ALL WHATS REQUIRED....THEY DONT NEED A PHYSICAL X-RAY OR ECG PAPER...(or atleast thats what the chinese told me)

I hope it helped for all those having trouble filling this form!!

@ m21

Don't worry just write normal in everything (Front page) Lymph nodes - Not Palpable cause lymph nodes we usually palpate so don't write normal back page write No abnormalities detected/found

X-ray/Syphilis - No abnormality detected reports are attached along with it

If you don't have glasses then write vision n corrected vision 6/6 Also you just send Photocopy (Attested) to CSC along with your other attested documents. You don't need to send X-ray plate (Send just X-ray report)

@ HirraButt

Corrected normal vision is 6/60 at least in normal peoples I mean professional doctors MD do not write normal while checking your eyesight :)