Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2013 General Discussion

Brian US

• New Members

Question: What are CSC Scholars expected to do during the summer? Should I budget enough money to fly back to America?

August to December, and then January to May-- then what am I supposed/allowed to do during June and July?

I apologize if this topic has already been covered. This forum has been very helpful to me over the past months. :D

Hi, everybody :)

I would like to ask if anyone, by any chance, know a reliable e-mail address to contact the good people at laihua.com.

Any help will be appreciated.

And last, but not least, I sincerely hope everyone will get the scholarship he/she is keeping fingers crossed for :). Jiayou, people!

Regards, Alex (originally from Bulgaria, at present in China)

How can we tell which universities offer the Chinese Language learning program and which ones don't?

When I go to the CSC Directory of HEI's, they either list Bachelor's or Master's degree programs, and nothing about language. But I hear some people getting into certain schools under the language program.

The "application forms" link at the beginning of this thread is not working. Is it ok just to send the online application? Is this perhaps a new way for completing the application for 2013?

• New Members

hello friends. Can anyone plz tell me about the rules for getting stipend. I am a scholarship student, doing my master's degree and i am entitled to living allowance every month. I have been home for a period of two months after getting my leave application signed by my professor but my international student management team has stripped me of my stipend for two months stating that there is a rule for getting living allowance and the student is not entitled to get the stipend if he goes back to his country. I have tried calling the csc but the phone number is not in service. Does anyone know about such rule or is there any new contact number for csc. I would appriciate for your help....Thanks

• New Members

Hi guys! I just have a quick question. I'm trying to apply for the CSC 2013 scholarship, I have everything set and ready to go, but does anyone know exactly where I address it to? I know it goes to the U.S embassy, but I wasn't sure if I should specify it with a certain address or section? Please let me know!! I've been trying to call and everything, but noone seems to be responding to anything. Thanks!!

"Question: What are CSC Scholars expected to do during the summer? Should I budget enough money to fly back to America?

August to December, and then January to May-- then what am I supposed/allowed to do during June and July?

I apologize if this topic has already been covered. This forum has been very helpful to me over the past months. :D"

My visa (I'm a language student) is until 10 August and you have to apply for a new visa during the winter break at the Security Bureau in your city. Then, if you are pursuing a degree, I guess that you can get the admission docs at the end of June and apply for extension while you are still in China (that's, if you don't feel like going back home for the summer).

Can a person with MBA degree in distance / correspondence education be eligible for CSC??

Yes.

• Exactly how many months is 1 semester? because i saw a lot of people gushing abt their 6 months in BLCU but If i count the short term course durations highest it comes to is 4 months
  • Whom should the recommendation letter be addressed to? or should be simple write 'to whom it may concern'
  • Is study plan really needed for language students ? anyone have a sample?
  • Is passport copies needed? i know its not written but it seems strange so im confirming?
  • Does anyone know where can find a list of approved hospitals for physical examination online? or is the embassy my only hope
  • did any one ever get csc scholarship for language program for short term courses like 4-6 months? or it is strictly 1-2 yrs. im considering 1 yr but ideally i would like to stay for not more than 6 months

1) Normally September to January and March to June

2) 'to whom it may concern' works

3) See sample at the bottom of my first post

4) Yes

5) Not sure

6) Only 1-2 years

1. Now I'm studying Chinese Language in Guangzhou. Can I use my last year Physical Examination that I've done in Guangzhou?

2. That Letter of Recomendation are needed for apply undergraduate or not?

3. Can I send the application to my embassy in Guangzhou?

1. Should be fine if it is less than 9-12 months old, but they may want you to update the blood work.

2. Yes.

3. Call first, but to play it safe, might want to send it to your home country's Chinese embassy.

What is the difference between permanent and present address?Where will we get all the visa and admission documents delivered if we get the scholarship?

I am very confused about it....if we get admission where will they send us all the documents??

They will probably send it to your permanent address or at least to the one in your home country. Just put down the address you want the documents sent to for both permanent and temporary addresses.

@Zhangkairong

So are you basically asking if you get scholarship money during the summer break? I'm going to say yes, but it may depend on the school and they may give you 2 months payment at a time.