Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2013

Brian US

for all of you information those canidate whose have been accepted by university and are waiting for chineese governament scholarship are not not been confirmed that they will GOt scholarship this year because this year chinese govenament scholarship has sai to university to send the three nomines against one seat and chineese governament will select one from these my friend styding in china has told me best of luck

• Like 1

No offence but I wouldn't take information like this seriously, especially if it comes from a "friend". As far as I know each university has a certain quota to fill. My university is accepting 45 masters and PhD candidates as stated on their website, but I have no idea how they pick and choose those 45.

• Like 1

in my opinion the only reliable information about how evaluation of scholarship applicants are made or how they are able to have list of selected students comes only from either the person of international office at each university or directly from the CSC people. I think only people within the scholarship council knows exactly what's going on during the processing of scholarship application.

(just a mere opinion)...

@XJunior

I know where shuoshuo is coming from. If you've spent some time in China (as shuoshuo has done), then your perspective about this country changes a bit, that's to say it's not like you want to be in China at all cost. I mean, once you see the picture on the ground, then all these romantic ideas about China just evaporate and you see China as it's - a country like any other, full of flaws.

Personally, I've been in China for a while and, honestly, I can't wait to take a break from everything Chinese right now. And generally speaking I'm much more enthusiastic about China (and its language, culture, history, etc) than your average laowai, mind it.

So, I'm also absolutely terrified at the thought of going to a place like Harbin (-20C from September to mid-April), Lanzhou (one of the most polluted cities in the world and too Chinese) or indeed any third-tier city (people look at you on the street like foreigners look at pandas and communication is just a bit difficult). In fact, second-tier cities are also not of my liking (I'm living in a second-tier city right now), because there isn't much to do and at some point you just can't keep on studying for 4-5-6 hours a day.

Then again, IMO it's worth it if that's your first time in China, but you can't do it for three years straight (or at least I can't).

Of course, people are different, but that's the general agreement among the people who've been in China for a prolonged period of time and besides, like shuoshuo puts it, beggars can't be choosers, but I still hope that everyone will find a place where he/she feels comfortable :).

Anyway, Nanjing University answered my mail. Now they are asking about my application number, so I just send them the first page of my application. The first batch of successful applicants has already been announced for some days now (at Nanjing University's website).

Good luck all. I hope I wouldn't have to wait until the results are officially announced at the end of July, although that's not a big deal either. Patience is virtue, they say :).

@Pauan , don't worry, I think everyone is in your situation :)

• Like 2

@Shankhan i dont think so because the selection is depend upon supervisor who nominate candidate for his supervision and each university has quota like Huazhong Univ who nominates me sent nomination email to 65 students and the quota for this university(According to last year seats) is about 55..

i got this email from university

Dear Promising and Excellent Applicants for CSC full scholarship at HUST,

This is Mr. Lan Hanghang, officer for the Chinese Government Scholarships and other Scholarships Admission affairs, from the International Student Office, Huazhong University of Science and Technology.

Thanks for your interest in HUST and we warmly welcome you to pursue your dreams in our university!

Competition for the Chinese Government Scholarships is really high this year and around 1, 000 persons have submitted their application to HUST. Because of your excellent academic performance, research ability and education background, the HUST Scholarship Committee, after reviewing all the applicants’ documents, is considering nominating you in the full scholarship candidate name list and sending the list to CSC for the final approval. We would like to say congratulation to you!

You are excellent and may have many scholarship choices from different universities. I am writing to confirm with you whether you have made up your mind to come to HUST and be with us for the further education when we nominate you in the full scholarship candidate list. The reason why I write to you is that according to the scholarship policy by CSC, if you give up the full scholarship chance after CSC approves the name list from HUST, we cannot transfer this chance to others and nominate a new excellent candidate. That will waste HUST Scholarship seats and it is unfair for others who applied for HUST. So it is suggested that you should choose your favorite and make a choice among the preferred institutions.

More detailed information about HUST could be found in the attachment for your reference to make the decision.Videos could be found at

http://iso.hust.edu.cn/index.php/MultimediaCenter/Video or YouTube .

Please inform us of your decision before 24:00, April 23, 2013(according to China time zone) and those who do not reply before that deadline are regarded as giving up the full scholarship candidate nomination by HUST. Then we will put others in the scholarship candidate name list.

Thanks again for your interest, your time, patience and understanding!

We are looking forward to your earliest reply!

Note: the final name list of scholarship winners will be announced in early June by CSC and we will announce that on the website of

http://iso.hust.edu.cn/.

Best Regards!

Yours sincerely,

• Like 2

@Dr.Haseeb Sattar

Congratulations, I know you have applied a few times, wish you the best.

@Pauan

My status was 'already submitted' for the longest time, it wasn't till the end of May that it changed to 'currently checking'. You can even get the scholarship without that status ever changing, don't worry too much about it. Try and confirm with your university or embassy that they received your application.

Good luck to all!

• Like 1

@Brian US

Hi Brian,

First off thanks a million for this really helpful and enlightening thread you have maintained. You have helped so many to fulfill dreams and enrich their lives. Many blessings to you. My question however is, are these scholarships only for the year beginning in the fall semester correct? Or are there any for spring semester available? I was planning on going to China in spring of 2014. Do you know of any other scholarships available besides those on the CSC website?

@Pauan - What agency number did you use? Some people say their status never changes but in some cases it could mean that nobody has received your application. 'Application form has already been submitted' is the first status after immediately submitting your application online. Call the agency that you used in your application to confirm that your application has been received.

@ Dr.Haseeb Sattar - Did you just receive that email? I can see there's a deadline date there which was quite a while ago (April 23). I hope you were able to confirm on time. Great email, I wish you the best esp. for this year's application! :)

• New Members

Hello. This is my first post and I am sharing an email I received from "South China University of Technology" after applying for CSC.

Dear Mr./Ms. Xxxxxx Xxxxxx

We are pleased to inform you that, having examined your application materials, we’are planning to enroll you to study at South China University of Technology as a student for M.S in the program of Electrical and Computer Engineering under the Chinese Government Scholarship. The benefits of the scholarship include tuition, lodging, medical care, learning material and living allowance.

No matter whether you accept this scholarship or not, please reply this email with your PASSNORT NAME & NATIONALITY before May 27, 2013. If you fail to give the response before the time, you will be regarded as giving up this scholarship.

I replied them as per their requirements before their deadline.

Do I expect a green signal?

What do you think guys? Any Chances?

@Shuoshuo I used my embassy's agency number. I got a confirmation from them that my application has been received and that they sent it already to China, but still it hasn't changed yet. For now I will just trust that some people get the scholarship even without the status change. ;<

• Like 1