Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2013

Brian US

Private message is the best way to communication

Really? How much information do three people who've never been to HIT have about HIT? But you should be able to use private messages now. Or you could post in public and maybe get answers like this (posted by someone who joined a couple of years ago to find out about the CSC ;-) )

hi all!

I wanted to ask a question regarding the visa..

I have a visa until 24 september and i am back home now...i got admission and the uni will send me all the admission material...is it possible that i re-enter china with my previous visa and get it transferred by my new uni?or is it necessary to re-enter china by getting a new x visa from the JW201 sent by the selected uni?

any help will be much appreciated bcz i dont have much time left i have to come back to china on 21st august...plzzzzzzzzzz :(

@HirraButt These type of questions should be addressed to the consulate/embassy as they are the only source of reliable information. What type of visa do you currently have though? I personally think you should get a new, X type visa because Uni will not transfer anything for you, it's only embassies/consulates that do such things. Uni will only help you to get a resident permit, i.e. will organize "a trip" for all the foreigners to a police office or something like that.

You can get a new visa in 4 days or even less if you pay extra, so you've got plenty of time before you leave. Good luck.

@haytham you should be able to do it but it will cost you extra. Again, these type of questions should be addressed to your local embassy/consulate unless there is someone on this forum, who lives in the same country as you.

hi guys...thanks for the reply...actually i have a valid residence permit until 24th September...My uni replied and they said if i had it until 28th then ii was ok to come on same permit and i didnt need to apply for a new X visa...but sadly I am 4 days short...so I have to get a new X-visa...

Actually the problem is I live in Saudi Arabia and due to our religious month these days and Eid festival most of the government offices are closed and will open on 18th August...so I cant apply any day before that and I have to take a train of 5hours to the city where the consulate is....ahhh....its actually plenty of work in less time....i hope i finish everything and be on time...thanks guys :)

I'm in a similar situation, residence permit runs out on 31st August and have to register at school on 3rd September. My Uni told me to go to the visa office which is located on campus and they will extend it so that I can bridge the gap between. Went to said office and was told to return the day before the RP finishes. Admittedly it feels uncomfortable leaving things to the last minute, but perhaps you can get back early and get an extension as well?

Its actually okay they way u r doing...because I have a friend who is also doing same...she got the scholarship and she is still in our previous university doing a summer course and she got visa until end of September...and later she will go on 1 September to new uni and apply for residence permit again there...

in my case the uni said u can take a chance as u have to apply for new permit on 3rd and most probably all the registration isn't going to finish on 2nd September...and i am not so comfortable with taking such a risk....now i am already back home...and I have to get my Saudi permit renewed too..that cant be done before 18th and I can only apply for Chinese visa after getting it renewed...so i am in pretty complicated situation....

Hope it works well for u...good luck! :)

I got my admission package but on visa application form my old passport number is mentioned which is expired now. What shall I do now? I don't think I can apply with old passport number. I have a new passport right now. Any one know what to do in this situation. Please guys am urgently waiting. Thanks.

anasiftikhar: I was in a similar situation with my visa application form from RenDa. With a little help from a friend who had a friend working at the office I asked them to send me a new one with the new passport number. Just received the new form today. My other option would have been to apply for a tourist visa and just get the problem solved in person at the university. I think this was also mentioned as a possible solution somewhere else in this forum.

• New Members

This forum has been really helpful :D Thankyou!!! @BrianUS

1) What is your native country? India

2) Where did you apply? The Ministry of Human Resource Development, India.

3) When did you apply? Mid March 2013

4) When was the deadline? March 20th 2013

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No, this was my first time.

6) What program did you apply for? One year Chinese language program.

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Beijing Language and Culture University 2. Qingdao University 3. Dalian University of Foreign Languages.

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? PRC Embassy in India.

10) Where did you get your physical done? A government hospital in New Delhi .

11) How did you get your documents notarized? Was not needed.

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? No idea.

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I was accepted for the scholarship around May 7th.

14) How were you notified? By a notice on the MHRD of India website.

15) When were you accepted/rejected? Accepted on May 23rd.

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Dalian University of Foreign Languages for the one year Chinese language program.

1) What is your native country? U.S.

2) Where did you apply? The Chinese Embassy in Washington D.C.

3) When did you apply? May 2013

4) When was the deadline? April 30th

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No, this was my first time.

6) What program did you apply for? 1 year foreign scholars program in Acting (Performing Arts)

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Beijing Film Academy 2. Central Academy of Drama 3. none

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? Beijing Film Academy

10) Where did you get your physical done? I got a new physical done at the physical place on Tongzilin in Chengdu, Sichuan in the spring.

11) How did you get your documents notarized? Just paid $10 to get an official sealed transcript from my university in the U.S.

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? didn't worry about these

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I was accepted for the full scholarship starting September 2013.

14) How were you notified? By e-mail

15) When were you accepted/rejected? Accepted late July 2013

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Beijing Film Academy to study Acting (Performing Arts) for 1 year as foreign scholar.

Hey Community,

I need some advice on CSC Scholarships. Me and my girlfriend are planning on going to China around September 2014, as we still need to finish our undergraduate degrees here in the UK. We both intend on studying Chinese to a fluent level so are going to China, and potentially staying for at most 5 years.

Being a couple will make most things harder, as anything we do will be done together. I've found a fairly decent not-for-profit organisation which finds teaching positions for graduates in China, including couples, making it a fairly decent first year option. This is my dilemma. Ideally i'd rather be studying full time, so a CSC Scholarship would be perfect - but its obviously not guaranteed. If you are successful with your CSC application you don't find out until late June, which would be too late to apply through the teaching organisation.

So I need some advice on my situation. Do I apply for the CSC, and use the teaching organisation as a backup? My problem with that is if i was successful with both I'd seriously be messing the teaching organisation around. Or Do I forget the teaching organisation all together and hope I can find two teaching positions at the same place (as late as early July)?

If anyone has any experience personally, or knows any couples in similar situations, I'd really value some advice.

(Note:with regards to the CSC, i know its almost impossible we'd get a CSC for the same programme, at the same university - so we'd hope one of us got the scholarship and then pay out of our own funds for the other.)