Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2013

Brian US

@shuoshuo , Thank you very much for your reply .

I called the Chinese cultural center this morning , and they didn't find my name on the list , however , they told me that they are expecting more names to be unveiled and that i'll be notified by E-Mail on Monday or Tuesday .

In case i don't get it ( I already had one before for a bachelor degree , so they might prefer those who never went to China before ? ) , is it possible to apply and start studying in a University of my choice , by supporting myself , or de i have to wait until February or next September ?!

Is there anyone who got accepted to Shanghai Jiao Tong and reads posts on this forum? I saw two names (apart from mine) on the 1st list but none of the recipients have posted anything and the Uni thread on this forum is pretty much dead as well. Thanks!

For whose who didn't get the scholarship, don't give up and try your luck next year! I know it's easier said than done but....maybe it's for the best.

is it possible to apply and start studying in a University of my choice

Yes. But you've already had a Bachelor's from China? What would you study now?

the Uni thread on this forum is pretty much dead as well

It might be worth putting a more substantial post in there. Introduce yourself, say what you're studying, why you chose Jiaotong, ask whatever questions your have. I know for a fact we have regular members who have studied at Jiaotong and could probably help you out with questions, and we quite possibly have current and upcoming students as well. But someone needs to put a bit of effort into getting the discussion started.

@Roddy , i just graduated the past month . I already have a Bachelor in International Trade that i got from China . so this is why i think that my chances of getting a second one are pretty small .

I applied for an MBA in English , and according to the Moroccan MOE , priority will be given to those who are willing to carry on . So i don't know where it went wrong ( If it did ) .

But anyway , i'll just wait until Monday or Tuesday , as they said that they'll call me then , but i have to start thinking about alternatives .

So could you please tell me if there is a chance for me to be in class this September without a scholarship ? What about next semester ( February ) ?

If you've already done a degree (where did you do it?) then you know more than I do. Could you get onto some course? Definitely. The specific course you want? I don't know, you'd have to get in touch and ask.

I did it in Changchun , at the Northeast Normal University .

The think is , i'm afraid that the deadline already passed , but after my five year experience in China , i know for sure that deadlines aren't exactly respected Haha , this is why i'm asking , just in case someone here did it before ( Applying even after the deadline set by the University ) .

I'm ready to organize a trip to China just to take care of this . I really don't fancy hanging out at my parent's for a whole year ! :D

In that case, my friend, click here and then when you've read that, click here. Generations of future students will thank you.

Universities are businesses - if there's a space, you'll be able to get on. Language courses don't usually fill up, and it's pretty easy to put on extra classes if needed. An MBA in English might be more popular.

I'll make sure to write something on the NENU thread later this afternoon , Roddy .

I guess i'll just call some Universities and see if there is a chance to attend classes next month , otherwise i'll just wait until March and apply again .

Thank you for your help , Roddy . Cheers .

According to a Senegalese friend of mine , CSC isn't really interested in giving two scholarships to one individual . They are trying to spread Mandarin and Chinese culture as much as possible , so giving two scholarships to one student isn't really beneficial .

However , he has no proof to back that up , and like i said in a post earlier , my country's Ministery of Education clearly states that those who are willing to carry on in China _ Within the CSC scholarship program _ are the priority .

Or maybe each country has it's own policy , who knows ?

• Like 1

@Slasherchinese

I haven't gotten an email either or phone call or whatever. :(

I tried calling today but I've been given phone numbers to wrong departments three times already. I was finally given the number to the education department but it seems no one is there. I'll try again later, If anyone knows the 'actual' number to contact do you mind sharing?

Here is what I have right now: 1-202-243-0677

1) What is your native country? U.S.

2) Where did you apply? The Chinese Embassy in Washington D.C.

3) When did you apply? March 2013

4) When was the deadline? End of April

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No, this was my first time.

6) What program did you apply for? Master's Degree in Informaiton Security

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Huazhong Univ of Science and Technology 2. Hunan Univeristy 3. Qingdao University of Science and Technology

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? Embassy of P.R.C. in US

10) Where did you get your physical done? Family Dr.

11) How did you get your documents notarized? ??

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? ??

Finally, for those getting results:

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I was accepted starting in Fall 2013

14) How were you notified? By e-mail, then later by mail.

15) When were you accepted/rejected? Accepted late July 2013

16) What school and program were you accepted to? HUST for 2 years Master's Degree in Computer Applied Technologies, taught in Chinese.

Oh dear. I'm on the last list... (http://www.chinamiss...xm/t1062017.htm)

1) What is your native country? Poland

2) Where did you apply? Mission of P.R.C to EU

3) When did you apply? Early April 2013

4) When was the deadline? April 30th

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No, this was my first time.

6) What program did you apply for? Master Programme - Chemistry.

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Jiangsu University 2. Zheijiang University of Technology 3. CHINA UNIVERSITY OF GEOSCIENCES (WUHAN)

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? Mission of P.R.C to EU

10) Where did you get your physical done? Regional Hospital

11) How did you get your documents notarized? My University and Bank notarized them.

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? I attached international coupon instead

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I was accepted for the scholarship starting September 2013.

14) How were you notified? By list mentioned above

15) When were you accepted/rejected? Accepted 26 July 2013

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Jiangsu Univesity for one year language program and three year master's program.

@AmineAzzane - I don't think the CSC has a problem granting a scholarship to someone who was already put on the CSC before. There is a quota and it is the different agencies that choose who to give the scholarships to. Some universities will accept late applications. Although you should contact them before you return to China, unless you have money to burn...heheh... Perhaps your university 东北师大 might be willing to consider a late application from you?

@ grawrt

When did you actually mail off your application? Like what day?

I sent mine on April 15th, so perhaps they never got my application as I think on the CSC website it says they need the application by April 30th, when I assumed only the DC Embassy needed it by April 30th. My application would have to of traveled to DC, then they'd have the mail it after processing. Who knows how long that takes.

@slasherchinese - I submitted my application to my embassy on the 30th April itself. It had to reach CSC on the 30th (deadline). I don't know how my application got to CSC on time. I suppose if your embassy still accepted and processed it, you don't have a problem there.

@ Slasherchinese

I sent it toward the end of March, it was cutting it close but definetly before the 30th. I had a little trouble with my doctor and she lost the form and had to fill out a new one then put it somewhere.. I cant remember now I just remember feeling frazzled even though it was before the april deadline. It's my first time applying so I wanted to make sure it got there within sufficient time. I'm honestly worried that it ever arrived there because my handwriting is really sloppy :(