Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Applications/Results - 2015

mazi

Hey. I will get my bachelor degree this June, but I want to apply for another bachelor program through EU Window. On their website says that "What if I have no high school diploma? What if I will acquire my degrees in the coming June or July, 2015?

For language students, a high school diploma is the lowest threshold. If you are to acquire you diploma (e.g.: high school, bachelor, master) in the coming June or July, 2015, please enclose a certificate/letter from your school (with stamps of the school or signature of director/president/dean), together with the academic transcript which can prove that."

So practically, if I want to apply for a bachelor, I only need my high school diploma, not necessarily the bachelor degree I will obtain.So I don't need to attache the letter from the faculty that I am studying bachelor, right? Do you think I have chances to get a bachelor scholarship since I am already doing a bachelor program? Thank you

Hi Everyone !

Am planning to do non degree program in a Chinese university (I just want to study Chinese) and I have a question :

I would like to apply for Chinese Government Scholarship-EU Program and iam 26 years old.

I saw on the csc website that one of the condition is :

-be a high school graduate under the age of 25 when applying for undergraduate programs;

Does it mean that you can't apply to Chinese Government Scholarship for a non degree program if you are above 25yo ? Any alternatives?

Many thanks for your help !

Quick question y'all!

If we are sending in 2 of everything, does that count with recommendation letters? I have 3 (from 3 different people) but I only have 1 of each.. those don't have to be in duplicate, right??

Thank you!!

@DongLian

Everything has to be in duplicate. You should get another copy of your recommendation from your professors/teachers etc. I am not sure if it matters but, do not make a copy of the recommendations you have now because when they get the application, they want to see that its legit by the signature signed in ink. Hope this help. 

Actually I finally got ahold of Guan Xin, who runs the CSC stuff at the Chinese Embassy in Washington DC. /phew

She stated it can be a copy she said, "In duplicate means you can make a copy" I asked since it's sealed, can I authenticate it by getting it copied at a notary and she said yes.

Also to answer Xiaowei's uncertainty about whether it should be two packets or one big one, Guan Xin said it should be 1 packet with the duplicates together.

I hope this helps others!!

EDIT: Thanks for the help though Nnedi Ugo. :)

I'm going to be able to submit everything tomorrow I'm so excited!!

• Like 1

That's awesome! You are very welcome! I am missing one thing from my application my physical! I have my appointment Wednesday, but I am worried because I have no idea how long it will take for the results and the embassy in DC needs the applications in by April 1st so we shall see. Good luck!

Hey everyone, its all coming together in one hectic mess. good luck to you all!

I am writing my study plan, which is an essay about why I want to study under the scholarship. I wanted to write specifically about my top choice University, but I don't want that to hurt my chances of getting into the others. 
So far all my references recommend me for 'the Chinese Government scholarship to study a Language Program at a University in Beijing' to be general. But who are these actually for? Is it the schools or CSC who look at the references/study plan?

Sometimes I don't know if im trying to convince them to give me a scholarship or to let me do a language program or to let me go to a specific school. or all of them..

Thanks

Letters of Recommendation: We have heard reports that letters of recommendations are NOT required for those studying Chinese and not pursuing a degree. This is also written on the website.

Where is this written on the website? Can't seem to find it.

Mines is actually single sided.. soooooo yeah.  I didn't see that stipulation anywhere.  But I'm not exceeding the 20 pages (per packet as it says).

Too late to change it now.. but I have the doctor's office stamp on both pages, one where it says "stamp" and one half on my photo to "seal" it per the embassy advisory.  I usually asked them directly for many things so avoid any doubt.

Many thanks to all of you, friends.

After completing the on line registration, we should print a hard copy of the application form. Is there one more application form that should be printed and filled out including a photo into application form?

Regarding double copies - I have a Chinese copy of the application instructions that asks for doubles as in "一式两册“, which suggests that they want two separate packets, though this seems to be contradicted by some of the posts above. Does anyone have more guidance on this?

If I remember correctly, it says it on the application form itself, at the end, with the checklist of things you need to include.

I can't imagine someone is going to count the number of pages in each application and discard any that exceed 20 pages.  However, even if it's just a guide, I wouldn't overdo it too much.