Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Applications/Results - 2015

mazi

Hello. If I apply for the EU program, do I need to pay an extra fee for the materials process, besides the International coupons? Also, if I want to study bachelor of Chinese Language in the field of Business Chinese, which major should I choose on Laihua? Chinese language, business administration? Which one?

What I did was I put it as one big packet with each copies together per the embassy but I used a clip to bind it all together so that if they really wanted it can be easily separated.  It might be specific to the embassy or dispatching agency that is handeling it.

Guys, i already applied through my embassy,but i also want to apply throu EU window. So, to fill this application form for csc should i sign in with the same email and username or i should change it? I'm scared if I apply with the same one( I used before) they will autimatically cancel my 1st registration, cause they might think i just changed some infos in application. Hmmm, any ideas?

I sent my application to Sichuan University on Saturday.  They just phoned me and told me they had received my application.  The woman in the admissions office then said that although I had applied for a preliminary year of Chinese study they felt that my HSK 5 level Chinese was good enough to go straight into a Master's program in Chinese History.  I told them I was worried about the difficulty of the vocabulary in particular so she said she would first speak to their point of contact in the History department and then get back to me with their feedback.

They seem like they're on their game at Sichuan University - as long as you speak Chinese.  I know it's not really any news at all but it's certainly exciting to be getting that kind of phone call.

I want to ask opinions in this thread:

So applied to a school that requires getting admitted before you can apply through them for a scholarship. I've been admitted, but wondering if I should apply only through them or both through the school and to the embassy.

Worried that even though I got admitted to grad school there, the scholarship is not a 100% thing. Anyone know if it would really make any difference if I applied to both?

@somethingfunny

I know how you feel. Just do prep and work at it and you should be fine. If you are doing ancient history try to get the basics of classical language down if you haven't already, and do lots of reading and prep. Don't be too worried! 

Hey. When filling in the form for the Government, can i select both the full and the partial scholarship? in case i don't get, at least maybe I can get the other one? Who should I write is recommending me? The university I come from or the one which sends my document to CSC?

@freshkid If you are applying for Bilateral Program, you should use the Embassy`s agency no. If you are applying for Chinese University Program, you should use the agency no. of the university you are applying for.

@andreea You have the chances to get a scholarship for bachelor`s program. I have already obtained master`s degree in my country and I am applying for master`s studies in China. I have met many international students in Beijing who came at master`s studies in China as holders of the master`s degrees obtained in other countries.

@andreea I completed online application last night and printed the hard copy of the same. I haven`t seen the questions mentioned by you. 

How did you get the application form?

Have you created an account in the CSC website?

@ Andreea I am not clear about your questions. You should send the application documents required by the CSC for Bilateral Program. Some universities may have additional requirements including the photos, but for Chinese University Program.