Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Applications/Results - 2015

mazi

So anyone else freaking out like I am?? The anticipation is going to kill me I think.. lolol

I still want to go if I don't get the scholarship.. now my missions is to plan for NOT getting it like..finding schools that are reasonable in lower cost areas and such.  But will suck because I can't do 2 years then. :b

Hey Angelina, yes this is recent. On Friday I sent my documents to Gongshang University in Hangzhou, and today they replied 

Dear Andreea,

Thank you for your interest in our University.

As you've studied in China before, you can not apply for Chinese Government Scholarship. But you can apply for our University Scholarship and Zhejiang Province Scholarship, you can send the application form with other required documents.

Then I send an e-mail to the EU and they said they had no information about this situation that if you had studied before, you were not allowed to apply again... I am so confused. I wanted to apply for a Master's in Business Management and I was interested in Gongshang University, so I sent my documents to their university. I really don't understand why the information is so different between what the university told me, what the EU told me and what I read on campus china

hello guys! i want to apply for a CSC scholarship through Eu window. should i apply for language program or master?

i'm afraid that if i apply for a master degree program i won't be selected. Do i have a bigger chance if i apply for the language program?

Thanks!

@andreea I see... You may see the part of the email that I have received from Hunan Normal University:

"Dear student,

We are so glad that you want to study in my university.

In our university, you need to find the whether we have the major you want to study or not. If we have, I think it is taught in Chinese. Because almost all the master and doctor degrees are taught in Chinese. Whether they can accept forgein students or not, it depends on whether there is a mentor who can teach you and help you to graduate. We will send your application documents to the college after you send us your application materials. The college will decide whether you will be accepted or not. If you want to know the information of the professor you can search our Chinese website to contact first. It would be better if you can get the recommendation letter from the professor. The other requiring is that applicants should be out of china for a year. At least from 2014-9"

• Like 1

oh... but on campus china I didn't see anything like this...But somebody from the EU window said they also have't received this information and that I should also apply for the EU. Other from other university said that I could still apply...

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry to bother you, I'm almost done with my application, but I have a doubt, my X-ray report and labs are written in Spanish, do I need to translate them? or will it be enough with the fact that the doctor writes in English that the results were negative in the Physical Examination Report?

Thanks for your help, I've found this forum very useful.

@ ajkihn I think X-ray report and blood tests report should be written in English by the institutions where all of these were done. You call the institutions and ask for the reports in English. Maybe it will cost you some more money, but it is not expensive. 

I feel it's complicated. I sent my documents to Gongshang, and only after that they told me I can't get a CGS, but I still have 2 other universities as backup and I filled their name on the form from laihua, so Gongshang should still send my documents to Beijing, right?And maybe other university will accept me.

Don't forget that the Zhejiang Provincial Scholarship is not a full scholarship. They might want to trick you into paying them a lot of money. Tell them that you only want the CGS, if you can't get that scholarship, you don't want to apply. Send them an email ASAP. 

You can go to laihua and apply again. 

ajkihn - a friend of mine had his physical examination document in Spanish and they accepted it.

andreea - your first choice should be a university that agrees to accept you. if you sent your docs to your embassy and you are rejected by your first choice, then csc will send your documents to other universities. if your agency number is tour first choice uni, then there is a chance that your application stops with them. so it will be up to csc if they want to find another uni that will accept you, or not. Also, I have applied for CGS 3 times and got it all 3 times so I don't know why they are telling you that you cannot get it again. I know many people who get the scholarship more than once.

• Like 1

• New Members

Does anyone know if it possible to do a study exchange in another country under the CGS?

For example, in a 2 year program:

2 Terms in China (1 year)

1 Term in another country (4-5 months)

1 Term in China (4-5 months)

Any idea if an exchange is permitted or not?

Thanks!  :P