Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Applications/Results - 2015

mazi

Hey guys,

I've been lingering around these forums for a while. I do have a couple questions for those who may have answers.

I recently received a conditional offer from Tsinghua for graduate school in fall of 2015. I did apply to their Tsinghua scholarship.

Now, I have not received any types of scholarships but was wondering something. Say, if I do receive one form of scholarship wether it'd be Tsinghua scholarship or Beijing Government scholarship am I still allowed to receive the CSC? or is it where once you receive any other forms of scholarship you are unable to receive the CSC?

Thanks in advance.

btw- ive just filled out my application and submitted. How do they know if you're actually an EU citizen or not...? do they check your passport number? I was born outside the EU so it could look a bit dodgy.. ? 

Thanks in advance ^^ 

• New Members

@Tsinghuabound I also applied to Tsinghua Graduate School, which department did you I apply? 

Yes,  you are only allowed to receive one scholarship. If you were able to receive any forms of scholarships such as Tsinghua Scholarship, you are unable to receive another scholarship such as Beijing government scholarship or CSC. 

You are so lucky to receive a conditional offer, I have not yet heard anything from them. How did they notify you of the offer? Thank you 

Hey - did anyone get more specific instructions about how to submit the physical application e.g. was it supposed to be addressed to a specific person or group? I just mailed all my documents to the Chicago Chinese consulate general, and I am beginning to worry about whether or not it will make its way to the right people.

@jennyyaaa

I had my Chinese friend call the international students department and they were able to tell me my results. She also told me to send the international students department an email requesting the pre-admissions offer. They sent that the next day. 

I actually just received another email from the department head. I applied to the International Relations program. I was told that I have been nominated for a full scholarship as well as my admissions from the department head. Good luck to you and I hope you hear the results you want. I know I was super anxious for a while. But you should hear back any day now!

@jennyyaaa,

Not quite sure why my previous post isn't showing up.

I called the international students office to get my decision last week. I applied way early for the first round. My major is the international relations one. It has a long name forget the entire thing. But you can call up the international students office and ask.

The department head emailed me this morning as well. He gave me a decision as well the news that I was nominated for a full scholarship. I am not sure if this is for just the CGS or BGS or the tsinghua one so I will call them when their office is open. If you want to know more you can contact me although I'm not quite sure how that works in this forum..

Sorry to come in a little bit off topic here but I just had another phone call from Sichuan University and they told me that after consulting the History department, they have decided to accept my application and have told me to go straight into study of the major without any extra language preparation.  I asked about the scholarship and she was kind of like "Yeah, just as soon as we've accepted you its not problem" and I said, "Oh really? No problem?" to which she said "80%".

@洋人丹

I think you should just apply through the school, because if you apply through both embassy and school, you would be applying twice and that might be confusing to the comittee later on when they see two from the same person. :-?

Hello. I want to apply for Chinese Governmental scholarship - CHinese University and on Friday I sent my documents to Gongshang university in Hangzhou. Today they sent me an e-mail and said that since I had already received a governmental scholarship before, I couldn't receive another one. I studied in China for 1 semester with Confucius scholarship. Does it count as governmental scholarship?And is it true that I can't be awarded to 2 scholarships even if they are not in the same time?I am so confused right now

@ kat kat

the dispatching authority could be the chinese embassy in your country or a university in china. how u want to do it depends on you. U can send your application directly to the first university you select in your online application with the supporting documents or you can submit your application to the the chinese embassy in your country.....\

I hope this helps....if u have any more questions, you can ask

I studied in China for 1 semester with Confucius scholarship.

@Andreea When was this? Was it recently? 

Also, what program are you applying for? 

I apologize if this has already been answered. I saw a similar question on page 19 of this thread.

I am a U.S. citizen and am contemplating putting together a last-minute CSC application to send to the Chinese embassy in Washington, DC. When would that final deadline be for them to receive my application materials? Would it be April 30th?

I was gung-ho about applying for a CSC, then got sidetracked and seriously considered applying for some other programs for 2015-2016, but it has all since come full circle and I am back to seriously considering studying Mandarin for one year in a Mainland university program for foreigners.

Sheesh, I had better make up my mind soon, lest I miss the deadline.  :-?

Lots of great questions and answers in this thread. Good luck to everybody in the application process!

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

@Chris Two Times

If you decided to send the materials to the DC EMBASSY, they need your application in by April 1st. Not postmarked by April 1st, but in their office by April 1st. I called the embassy a week ago to find this. You don't have much time. Not sure if you will have everything in time.

• Like 1

Nnedi Ugo,

Many, many thanks for that heads-up. Indeed, I don't have enough time to put together a proper application and get it to DC by April 1st (and that's no April Fools!).

That's all right. I am still considering my options for next year: work or take a year off and study, work or take a year off and study, work or take a year off and study...

The study option is indeed attractive but my heart simply hasn't told me to go all in and put all of my eggs in that basket so some more soul-searching I shall doeth (I am an older working professional and the idea of taking a year off from an established work routine is something I feel I need to look at very carefully before actually taking that plunge).

Many, many thanks once again!

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times