Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Applications/Results - 2015

mazi

@Xiaowei M

I was very busy lately completing my documents for the application, but I wanted to thank you, I've got my x-ray report translated and today I finally sent my documents to the Embassy in the U.S (I'm applying through OAS).

The only thing that I'm a little worry about is because my application has more than 20 pages it's huge because of the translation of my Degree Certificate and grades.

@Killa14

I'm also applying through OAS, but for a Master's degree. When I read the instructions, I understood that it wasn't necessary to send pre-admission letter if you don't have any, but you should apply and try to get one before April 15th, right now I understand that is acceptable if you get it later.

The procedure is quite confusing in the official CSC website  it's explained that if you don't have a pre-admission letter there is a chance of not studying in one of your top three universities they can assign you to any university that they consider to be the best for you, but I'm not sure if this applies for the OAS.

• New Members

Hello, everyone! :)

Like most of the people who are on this amazing forum, I have a question regarding the CSC scholarship (sorry if this question has already been asked before):

I would like to just study Chinese for 1 year and apply for the CSC Eu Window. In which category am I to be included? General scholars? or Senior scholars, since I have been studied Chinese before?

Supporting Categories

Major Study

(academic year)

Chinese language /preparatory Study

(academic year)

Duration of

Scholarship

(academic year)

Undergraduate students

4-5

up to 2

4-7

Master’s students

2-3

up to 2

2-5

Doctoral students

3-4

up to 2

3-6

General scholars

up to 1

up to 1

Up to 2

Senior scholars

up to 1

up to 1

Up to 2

Thank you!

@ajkihn Yeah... I'm glad to hear that someone is also applying by the OAS.

I send an e-mail to Mrs. Duncan, of the OAS in Washington and he told me that: 

"Yes, you are required to apply to the universities directly for admission but you can apply for the OAS/China Scholarship before receiving admission from the university. If you do get admitted then you are required to email me the admission letter."

So, when you sent your application documents to Washington DC Embassy, you sent your pre-admission letters or not?

If you sent them, how did you apply? As a self-sponsored student or how?

Then, I mailed directly to the universities that I choose and they told that "After your get a scholarship award certificate, please contact the university you're interested in for pre-admission". So I was really confused, and again mailed to Mrs. Duncan and he said me that:

"Thank you for informing us. Unfortunately we can not issue awarded letters at this time as our selection would be carry out after the April 15th Scholarship deadline.

You would have to decide if you would like to go ahead and apply as self finance then change your status if you are awarded the OAS/China scholarship."

Then, as you know the OAS- China Scholarship would get you one year of chinese language before your undergraduate studies, but in the proccedure of applying online as a self-sponsored student they say that is mandatory to know chinese if you're gonna study in chinese.

I hope you can reply me as soon as possible.

Thank you.

• New Members

Today I got an "Award Letter for Chinese Government Scholarship Candidate" from my consulate. Does this mean I am accepted for the scholarship (I have already received a letter of admission from my target university), or just that they will forward my application to China?

@Killa14

I'm applying for pre-admission letters, but I already sent my documents, because you can send them without these letters, they just improve your chances of getting in one of your top three universities, but it's still important trying to get them and send them as soon as you can (that's what I will do).

Some universities like HUST (http://iso.hust.edu.cn/index.php/Admissions/HUSTPALetter) and Zhejiang University (http://iczu.zju.edu.cn/english/news/142198089263429988.html) allow you to apply for pre-admission letters, the process it's explained in the links, you need to look for this information in the universities of your choice, but some won't let you apply unless you have been award with the scholarship, for example Nanjing University, although you could still apply as a self sponsored student.

Mrs. Duncan is right, the pre-selection of candidates will be after the deadline, so we need to wait, as she said, you could apply as a self sponsored student and after getting the scholarship change your status.

My advice would be that if you want to apply even without pre-admission letters, go ahead and send your documents, you could send these letters later or at least that's what I understood, but try to apply for them as soon as possible, but it's your choice.

I wish you the best.

What does it mean when your online app status says "申请表已提回" (Application form has been already recovered)?

did this happen to anyone before?

Edit:I asked my school and she said she's never heard the word "提回" before :lol:

@inte Something similar happened to me. I  completed the application form and submitted it online on Saturday, afternoon. I printed the copies, but due to the internet connection problem at my home the hard copies were not enough good. In the night I logged in my account to try to print the form again. I saw there was said 'document has already been recovered'. I don`t have any idea what it refers to. I successfully printed the application form. Yesterday I was contacted by the university to confirm them whether I was applying for the program taught in Chinese. So there wasn`t any problem.

Because regarding the question 'I can be taught in English?' I answered 'yes', the official asked me if I had applied to be taught in Chinese or in English. I understood the question 'I can be taught in English' as a general question about applicant`s English language proficiency and that`s why I chose 'yes'. Moreover, I have known there is not the program taught in English.

I am very grateful to them for informing me that my application form has been reviewed by them. :)

@Xiaowei,谢谢 for your reply, :D I see! I originally applied for a major that does not exist at nanjing university (chinese language and culture). I think that "提回" comes when there's some kind of confusion with the teachers seeing our online application. Its like a second chance to fix our mistakes. (it seems like this)

Hi, I have a questions, hope someone here can help me, how and when will I know what type of scholarship(partial or full) I have obtained?

Entrusted by MOE, the following 9 universities offer Chinese language/preparatory courses to undergraduate scholarship winners. They are Tianjin UniversityNanjing Normal University,Shandong UniversityCentral China Normal UniversityTongji UniversityBeijing Language and Culture University, Northeast Normal University, Beijing International Studies University, andCapital Normal University.

Can I choose one of those universities? or they choose it for us. Do I need make contact with one of those institutions and apply for admission?

I really appreciate if someone can provide me this information

• Like 1

@Kevin, it means you're a candidate as far as I know.  The consulates do not choose the winners, they choose who is eligible to be considered by CSC.  Where are you applying from and which consulate is it?  Just curious.  I would also like to know when you submitted your materials.

Hello,

I have obtained the official document issued by my univesity, about my graduation date, but they only have the month specific (June of 2015) . The online application form requires me to fill in a specific date. What should i do? Should i write 2015-06-30, since it's the final day of June or do something else?

@ajkihn Thank you! :mrgreen:  

Fortunately, one of my targeted universities replied me, that they have a proccedure for get a pre-admission notice, where some documents are required for qualification examination.

Well, I have another question. I speak english, but it is not my native language, however, Mr. Duncan said me that this is not important, because I'm gonna study in chinese language, that means that I will take one year of preparatory courses and the chinese language learning.

But, in the application form of the universities, they say that is mandatory to know chinese and to put HSK.

Does someone know about that?

Thank you again.