Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Applications/Results - 2015

mazi

Hey. Has anyone received the Provincial Scholarship? What do they offer more; scholarships for bachelor, general scholars, masters? How many people usually apply? What would be my chances to get one as a bachelor student and one as a scholar?

@Xiaowei M

My photos are passport size, but I cut them to fit the application form :/ I'm not sure if it's okay to do that, I wasn't asked for any extra photos.

I'm applying through the OAS they recieved my documents today, I called them when DHL notified that they were delivered. Now, I have to wait, sadly none university seems to want to give me a pre-admission letter without and award letter of the scholarship :(

Killa14 - You will need an award letter, which is a document that you need to obtain from your Chinese embassy. If you get this, then your scholarship will be guaranteed. So the award letter is more important than the admissions notice. The admissions notice only helps you be enrolled in the university of your choice. But without a pre-admissions notice, you will still be able to get the scholarship.

• New Members

HI:

I just find out this forum today and I find many problem about my application.

I send my Chinese government scholarship application at early February and I didn't do the physical exam as our government said

Qualified applicants will be requested to submit the Foreigner Physical Exam Form upon notification of a scholarship. The form can be downloaded at: http://en.csc.edu.cn

My chinese is better then my English so I afraid that I interpret this sentence wrong....Can anyone tell me that do I need to do the physical exam??

And another problem is I apply to the beijing university of Chinese Medicine at February through the agent (since there is no other choice to apply directly), The agent tell me that I don't need a pre-admission for the Chinese government scholarship, I trust her, therefore I didn't request one and then I didn't attach one in my application form....

And I write my study plan in English and all about the Chinese medicine ( since this is the only things I want to learn in China)

So without the pre-admission, do you think that I will still get into the university I want?

I live in B.C Canada, and the policy here is to give the application to the B.C. ministry of advanced education and they will do the pre-select and give it to the embassy then to the CSC(I guess), 

anyone have the experience applying chinese government scholarship in B.C ?

besides, they tell me they may give me the results of scholarship at May

And surely, after read most of this topic, I will phone them all.....

Can someone explain?

1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship(written in Chinese or English)

◆ Supporting Documentation Attached(Please Indicate with 'X' in the Bracket.):
□ Two Application Forms.

So how many aplication forms do i need in total? 4 (2 in each set of documents) or 2( 1 in each set of documents)?

Guys I am freaking out. I am mid way on getting my docs ready. I received the CGS award letter and now I need to get the pre admission letter for my targeted universities but there is no clear process on how doing so. I am applying for the Chinese language program and I am interested in Nanjing, Zhejiang or Qingdao Uni. Could anyone please share a light? I am desperate! Thanks

I see so many of you guys having trouble with the "award letter", I asked some universities about it. This is what I got:

" 中国政府奖学金不同的项目有不同的要求,向高校直接申请的不需要你提到的证明。"  

which translates into different scholarships have different requirements, for higher learning (masters and PhD) you don't need to obtain one. 

------

Just to get over this problem, here is what I experienced/learned by asking different institutions.

* If you are applying for a language program for a semester or a year long, you are encouraged to apply through your embassy (no pre-admissions or award letter required).

* if you are applying for a bachelors degree, you are still encouraged to apply through your embassy, but this case you may need to contact the school for additional requirements.

* if you are applying for a master or doctoral degree, you are encouraged to apply directly to the universities you like to enroll in, (no pre-admissions letter required because after all they are the institution who will evaluate your application, why do they need to evaluate your application twice, right!?)

* but if you are applying for masters or doctoral degree, and you wish to apply through your embassy (but CSC websites says apply directly to universities but you can still apply though embassy), you will need to obtain (Pre-Admissions Letter).

*if you are applying any program under BILATERAL (two governments involve in the process, Chinese government and respective government) program, then you MAY (not have to) need to obtain an award letter.

---------

CSC websites enlists five different Dispatching Authorities (the authorities that I want to get your application handled by). They have distinct AGENCY NUMBERS. You find the agency number of the dispatching authority and send your application documents to them.

So depending on what program you want to apply for and what dispatching authority you want to choose, the two letters - pre-admission and award letter- come into play. 

Hence not everyone has to obtain the letters. A piece of my mind, go ahead and read the universities websites, they usually have requirements listed in their websites. 

• Like 1

Supporting Documentation Attached(Please Indicate with 'X' in the Bracket.):
□ Two Application Forms.
□ Two Letters of Recommendation.
□ Admission Letter or Admission Notice of Chinese Universities.
□ Transcripts of the Most Advanced Studies(Notarized Photocopy).
□ Diploma of the Most Advanced Studies(Notarized Photocopy):
Bachelor's□ Master's□ Doctor's□ Others□
□ Foreigner Physical Examination Form(Photocopy).
□ Study Plan in China.
□ Articles or Papers Written or Published.
□ Examples of Art(6 color pictures)and Music(1 audio tape)Work(Only for the applicants applying for Fine Arts and Music).
□ Other Attachments(List Needed):_______________________________________________________________

Application Documents (in duplicate)

1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship(written in Chinese or English);

Ensure you have both submitted it online and printed the hard copy.

2. Notarized highest diploma (photocopy);

Prospective diploma winners must submit official document issued by your current school to prove your current student status or expected graduation date.

Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.

3. Academic transcripts (written in Chinese or English);

Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.

4. A Study Plan or Research Proposal (written in Chinese or English);

This should be a minimum of 200 words for undergraduate students, 500 words for non-degree students, and 800 words for graduate students.

5. Two Recommendation Letters (written in Chinese or English);

Applicants for graduate programs or senior scholar programs must submit two recommendation letters signed by professor or associate professor.

6. A CD of your own works (only required for arts students);

Applicants for music studies are requested to submit a CD of their own musical works. Applicants for fine arts programs must submit a CD of their own works which include two sketches, two color paintings and two other works.

7. Valid documents of your legal guardians in China (only required for applicants under the age of 18);

8. Foreigner Physical Examination Form (photocopy) (written in English, only required for applicants planning to stay in China for more than 6 months);

The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid.

Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.

Pleases keep the original copy of the Form for school registration.

9. Pre-admission Letter from designated Chinese university (if available);

10. Valid HSK Certificate (if available).

NOTE

All the documents should be bound together on top left corner in the order of 6.1 to 6.10.

You should submit TWO sets of bound documents.

So how many documents IN TOTAL do i need? 4 printed online palication forms.?? and?..

I have something to add about bilateral scholarship, undregrads and the dreaded award letter.

If you are applying for an undregrad degree and you will be sending your documents to the embassy then you will not require an award letter. The award letter is for undergraduate applications to the accepting universities. For instance if you get a pre-admission letter from Nanjing University and you send them all your application documents plus the award letter from the embassy, they will be able to handle your application (they will send it directly to CSC). You can choose the uni or the embassy as your agency no., there's no difference.

Really good summary from Voyager2014 about these award letters.  Maybe we could add it to the first post to save people some time.  There do seem to be a disproportionate number of questions about award letters.

Andreea - provincial scholarships are usually for Masters and PhD (as usual). Bachelors get only partial scholarship but I know one bachelors student who got a full scholarship. Apparently he is "extremely outstanding" whatever that means.

@Rebeh26

My recommendation for you is to write directly to the International Students Office to ask for a pre-admission letter. For Zhejiang University in the case of the Chinese Language program here's a link http://iczu.zju.edu.cn/english/type4/01031401.html%C2'> are two e-mails, remember to mention that you have been awarded the scholarship. For Qingdao University I didn't find a link.

I don't know if a pre-admission letter is necessary for language programs, but I guess it could make your chance of getting in your requested university more likely.