Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Applications/Results - 2015

mazi

@Bjnsharp I applied through Nanjing university and my embassy in washington DC. Originally i only emailed my materials to NanDa, then i called my embassy to ask the same question like you. She told me to also email her a copy. 

basically, i applied to both, for the same reason as you :)

Hey guys! Today I received an email from CSC that says "It is a great pleasure to inform you that you are awarded the Chinese Government Scholarship candidacy."  (Not the actual scholarship -- just candidacy???) It has an awards letter attached to the email. It then goes on to say that I am strongly recommended to use the attached award letter to contact the Chinese universities directly so I can get a pre-admissions letter, which I can then send to the Chinese Embassy.

This sounds simple enough, right? (Though I'm not sure exactly where to find the proper email address for my target universities...) My confusion comes from the attached awards letter. In the letter, it states that I am now eligible for applying to the China Government Scholarship. I thought I just applied for the CGS? Also in the awards letter, it says to put my "pre-admissions letter...in the scholarship application package." What package is it referring to? I mailed my entire scholarship application package over a month ago. The actual email only says to send the pre-admissions letter to the Chinese Embassy, but the award mentions another scholarship application?

A little confused, if anyone with experience can shed some light.

Hi everyone! I just received an email about getting candidacy, and urging me to get a pre-admission letter to them within the next ten days.

I've read through the forums before, and was under the impression that for the language program, we cannot choose the university we want (only list preferences). Or is it that we're merely not required to get the pre-admission letter?

If I can ask the uni directly, should I just email or go through the process of applying through their websites?

Thanks!

@utsura

You need to write to the universities that you listed on your preferences to get pre-admissions letters, generally they require for the award letter to give you a pre-admission one and congrats on being pre-selected by your Embassy, may I ask what Embassy the you apply through?

If you need to know how to get pre-admission letter write directly to the international students offices of your target universities look for an e-mail and they will tell you what to do :)

@ajkihn

Ah I see. I was a bit surprised when I called my first choice (Tsinghua) and they said they could not give one to me since there have been already many applicants. They said I would have to wait for CSC to give them my application and then they would review it. I was worried that I should have done this way earlier and had harmed my chances of getting my first choice. But if they required the award letter anyway then there's nothing I can do but hope there is space.

Then I will contact my other two choices and hopefully at least get pre-admissions letters from them in case Tsinghua doesn't work out.

And thank you! I applied through the Washington DC embassy. If you applied for the scholarship, good luck to you as well!

:clap 恭喜!congratulations 史奥丁, utsura and ajkihn! i also saw that letter today after school.

It seems so early though, why did people in the past get their letters in so much later? (late June and July)

@英泰inte

The preselection is before the official CSC noticed as I understand :P the official letter with admission (not pre admission to universities) is made around June and July.

@utsura

The problem about choosing a top university in China is that probably many people already applied and Tsinghua maybe already fill it's quota, still try getting pre admission from your other universities of choice.

I personally only have one pre admission letter before the pre selection by the OAS (I'm applying through them because there's not embassy in my country), the other unis are asking me for the award letter so I will have to wait.

I personally don't have a preference, I'd love going to any of my three choices ^^ the order was random, I really couldn't choose which one

Hello!!! Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but anyway. A few posts ago I freaked out because of the pre admission letter, so I kind of went on a spam spree to pretty much any uni that caught my eye. Now I got 3 pre admission letters (Qingdao U, Shandong Uni and Nanjing Normal University) and the embassy advised to bring only one of those letters because it was almost certain that I will go there.

So my question is, which one would you guys recommend, I am looking for a smaller city, with few international students, good weather and with a reasonably living cost.

Thanks!

Hello everyone.

Congratz to those who got accepted as candidates. How did you guys apply? Via embassy or directly? I applied for the Chinese Government Scholarship-EU Program via Brussels, and to my knowledge CSC does not inform you in the middle of the application process, do they? Thank you in advance

@kosame

I have applied through my Ministry of Education and EU window. From my ministry of education i got results that i got in last round and all papers are sent to china. Now its all on them. I think if u r chosen by ur embassy or ministry, u r likekly 90% to get scholarship. Also, i talked with EU and they encourage me to apply through them cause nobody from my country applied so my chances are big. So, i think before June/July u can get information like u r in finals, and then in June you get information where and if you r accepted.

The thing is that for example, China is giving 11 scholarships for my country. Then my ministry/eu, chooses who will they give priority ( although they have to send all applications to china), but those one with priority will get scholarship 95%.

Hhhh, dont know if i was clear

@lanicaa1

I applied through EU as well, how did you find out about the quota for your country and how do you know that there are not a lot of people from your country, did they tell you all this from Belgium? :)

Where are you from? Which program did you apply for? :)

• Like 1

@katty

about EU window u can find somewhere that information, i think i read they r giving 160 scholarship. Last year it was 200 i think.

But i sent them email, cause i wasnt sure if i can apply through them and through my country. So she told me that i am the obly one from ny country and i can also applied through them and that my chances are really high.

I am from croatia

@lanicaa11

This year they have 149 places, last year it was 160 and two years ago 200. It is getting lower every year because of the people extending the scholarship.

I will try to write them and ask them about my country as well, I am little bit worried because I am already in China with this scholarship and I am afraid they are not gonna give me another year :(

• Like 1

@katty

Yeah, those are the numbers.

So, for it would be much easier to apply through ur university?!

My friend got last year chinese gov scholraship, amd he just tild me he got master this year, also chinese gov sch, he just applied through university.

U can also try shanghai scholarship? The same as this one except you dont get paid for your air ticket

@Lanicaa11

I tried to do it via my uni but they told me I have to send everything again to Belgium :(

But they are a lot of uni you an apply directly, very convenient if you are already in China :)

So do you know the exact quota for Croatia?

@katty

Hmm, i dont why u cannot apply through ur university. U can try through others than. The difference is obly u have to pay the fee to university when you r applying through one. But its more easier than to send ur documents to bruxell. Also, be carefull, the deadline for EU is very close i think. Send them e-mail immediately.

Yes, they r giving 13 scholarships for Croatia

@Lanicaa11

I know the deadline is on Monday! I sent my documents last mont it is already in Belgium :)

My current uni they at least gave the preadmission letter so it should help :)

Wow 13 places it is not bad, hope it is the same for my country :D

Good luck :)