Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Applications/Results - 2015

mazi

@ Killa 14 Mine wrote NORMAL, last time when I applied for visa (because I didn`t need the FPEF to apply for the Confucius Institute Scholarship) and now the same in the FPEF for applying for the CGS.

ECG: the date when it was done and ECG: Sinus Rhythm: 

• Like 1

MBADominicanApplicant

@Killa14 

The doctor should only write "Normal" on all of those boxes (Colour Sense, Skin, lynph, etc.), on the ECC my doctor also wrote "Normal".

Yes, attach the lab exam to the physical form. Thats what I did and my application already passed "first document review step", so thats an indicator that it was correct.

Good luck.

I have 2 questions if someone can help me please

I'm filling the online application but I don't have a contact in China, is that extrictly necessary?

Related to my futures studies, I'm applying for undegraduate studies (4 years) and a elementary chinese study prior to my major (1 year), I'm not sure how to fill the part where ask me about the duration of the studies, because im applying without acceptance of any university. I only know that I will study 5 years in total, 1 year of language preparation and 4 years business administration what can I do in this case?

Thanks.

@ajkihn No. I'm applying through the OAS.

¿Can I speak in spanish?

Todavía no he recibido ninguna carta de pre-admisión porque aun no he enviado mis documentos. Hay dos universidades que me han respondido y me piden que envíe los documentos para tener una carta de pre-admisión. Son HUST, y Southwest University, aunque verdaderamente me gustaría estudiar en Zhejiang.

Por otro lado, ¿cómo ha hecho usted en su examen de sangre? Sacó un hemograma completo o sólo lo que indicaba entre paréntesis (AIDS, Sífilis, etc). Estoy un poco atrasada con relación a mis documentos. Me falta una carta de recomendación, que llegará hoy, y el FPEF que lo tendré para mañana.

Creo que nada más.

Gracias /Thank you

@Xiaowei M

I read your posts a bit late, I was at work hahaha, I think that the first step for the different Embassies is checking that the documents were complete, in your case EU window people in charge will check all of it and I think you have a strong curriculum, but I don't know what does EU expect, for example the OAS want us the applicants to come back for at least two years, so I was clear in my study plan about what I am supposed to do with my studies when I return (I want to study oncology). 

The CSC if we're chosen by our embassies will check that indeed the documents are complete and probably will send them to the International Students Office of the different universities to find out if we meet their requirements and probably them will be the ones sending to the different departments the application materials and they'll pick each candidate. If we are pick in our respective department they will let CSC know about this and then they will confirm with us. All this process is just a supposition, it's a total mistery how the CSC choses candidates and we don't know if there are priority areas.

I must admit that it's a really long process and just now I understood why we'll be told the final result 'til July., I keep myself positive, but I will let you know about my result no matter what it is.

@Killa14

Spanish: Yo realice los estudios que solicitaban, VIH, Sífilis y hepatitis C, pero solicite que fueran reportados en inglés, también me realice mi rx de tórax en un lugar en el que dieran informe, pero tuve que realizar una traducción de esta. 

Te recomiendo darte prisa, porque DHL que es en mi opinión el servicio más rápido tomó 2 días para hacer llegar mis documentos en servicio Express y con prioridad, no sé cuánto tome desde Perú. Te deseo lo mejor.

@All

I wish you all the best!

Hey guys! 

First of all, good luck to all the participants! 
I am going to apply for the 'Chinese program' but I have some doubts:

1. Is the pre-admission letter really necessary? I think most of us are freaking out with this! Haha. I have chosen three universities in Shanghai as I have already been there and I think its a great city.

2. What about the study plan? If yes, which one would be undergraduate program or non degree program? How many words in total?

Thanks in advance! 
Eva

@ajkihn

In the online form of the OAS, in the part of the Essays, it says:

* ID, Resume, Transcripts, certificates, recomendation letters and essays.

I must fill it in just one document? All in just one PDF?

In the ID, What I must upload?

In Resume what I must upload?

Thank you again :)

@Killa14

Before starting the OAS application. The first page says about which documents to upload, you must also upload your passport copy and your resume or CV.

All of this must be in a single pdf document. It says the size limit. I used a pdf converter that I found online it was really useful. I'm on my phone so I can't find the link here for a reason :(

Oh Thank you! I did it.

uhmm... 

The application paper of China said that each set of the complete materials should not exceed 20 pages. Does it mean to the complete papers including the copies? Because, If I attached the 2 copies per document that said in the OAS there will be about 45 papers!

Also, We must send the original documents in one envelope, other one for the set of copies, and the other in another one? AND THEN, THE Three envelopes in JUST ONE BIG ENVELOPE?

And the 2 copies of each document JUST refer for the Supporting Documents? (Highest Diploma, Transcripts, a study plan, two letters of recomendation and the Photocopy of foreigner physical Examination Form) just those? Or all the listed (checked) in the ScholarshipApplication Form downloaded in the CSC?

I do not understand this. :c

@Killa14

You have to send two sets l of each document to the OAS just separated by a clip in the same envelope. Just follow the instructions and each document must be in the required order.

Now, about the number of pages. Mine, each set contains around 25 or more pages because of the translations and I sent it like that. I didn't have any problem til now.

Hi all,

I wanted to make an account here so I could update anyone that may be in a similar boat to myself. I am applying for the broadcasting major at CUC for the fall. I have called the international students office there a few times to clarify things and here is what I have learned:

You can apply directly to CUC, and can send your materials over the internet. As an American, they informed me that because there are not a lot of Americans applying to CUC (probably because the hsk6 requirement), the chances are larger for american applicants this year. Additionally, if you got your materials in by the end of March, you can expect to hear back by the end of April or the beginning of May.

Hope this helps someone, goodluck!

@ajkihn And when they say "send 2 copies of each document in the application package" it means 2 more groups apart from the original ones?

Or it include the original and just one group of copies?

3 groups including two group copies and one of the originals?

2 groups including one group copie and the original one?

@Killa14

Spanish: Mandé el original de mis documentos, por ejemplo en el paso 10 dice "Send 2 copies of each document in the application package" así que mandé dos juegos de documentos cada uno contenía lo siguiente:

1. Aplicación a OAS (firmada y con fecha).

2. Aplicación para CSC (con foto, firma y fecha).

3. Diploma de pregrado (copia legalizada) con traducción (sellada y firmada) [Originales].

4. Certificación de cursos (copia legalizada) con traducción (sellada y firmada) [Originales].

5. 2 Cartas de recomendación originales. 

6. Plan de estudio y propuesta de investigación (esto es sólo para los que aplicamos a postgrados)

7. Copia de el Physical examination form, con copias de exámenes de laboratorios y copia de informe de rayos x.

Si tienes alguna duda todavía podrías escribir directamente a OAS, son de mucha ayuda en el proceso.

@All

I wrote the info in Spanish, probably some other people in Latin America are still a bit lost in the process and would prefer an answer in this language. I hope I haven't offended anyone.

Hey guys and gals,

Has anyone applied to both their chosen school and local embassy? I applied directly to the score and they have told me to wait till the end of the semester when they will notify me if I am successful or not. They also suggested I try to contact my local embassy to further increase the chances of me receiving the scholarship, which I tried to do but have had no reply. I wondered if anyone else applying directly to the school has been advised to also apply through their local embassy.

Also is there any way of tracking the progress of your application online? When I log in I can only see confirmation that my applciation has been sumbmitted, nothing else.

good luck to all!