Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Applications/Results - 2015

mazi

Hi Guys, 

I've been asking the school this question but seems I'm not getting any sort of firm answers on this.

When people get nominated for the scholarships, whether it'd be from the embassy or the university, are all we still competing against each other in the end when it reaches to the Chinese Scholarship Council?

or is competition spilt into the individual cohorts. Like, People who were nominated by the embassy compete for spots the embassy has, and university nomination compete with the university nominations?

According to what I know. I think we still compete against each other, but in each category for example undergraduate and post graduate, but each university has a quota and there is still a chance of being rejected even with a pre admission letter. The CSC is the one taking the final choice, but there is a highest chance of getting the scholarship if you apply directly to the Uni because they have already accepted you. people with no pre admission letter some may face that the Uni won't give this letter because they reached their quota.

ajkihn,

Is the pre-admissions letter used interchangeably with a scholarship nomination?

I received a pre-admissions letter that also specifically states that I have a scholarship nomination from Tsinghua. So I have two pieces of paper. Is this just generally referred to as the Pre-admissions letter?

I mainly wanted to know if others' pre-admission also say that they are a scholarship candidate.

@tsinghuabound

No, your letter isn't a pre-admission letter is and award letter which is when you are nominated by embassy and/or universities. This means that they only need a final aproval from CSC to give you the scholarship, a pre-admission letter just means that you meet the requirements to be admitted to a university it never says something like "nomitation" or "nominated".

Congratulations on being nominated I'm waiting for the results from the OAS to know if I have been pre-selected for the scholarship, but I already have 1 pre-admission letter, the other universities want me to have an award letter.

Wish you the best, when you are nominated there is a huge chance of getting the scholarship :)

@tsinghuabound

Just out of curiosity...

You applied directly to Tsinghua right?

Roughly when was the deadline for Tsinghua? When did you get a reply? Was it quick?

The fact that people are getting nominations from their schools already makes me worry...

@洋人丹,

I applied to Tsinghua in December. Their application deadline for scholarship was originally end of january but they extended it to february 27th. I got my nomination and pre-admissions on March 22nd.

And yes, I applied directly to Tsinghua. I was originally gonna apply for the scholarship via the embassy, but since i got a nomination from the school directly, they told me to send my materials directly to Tsinghua. So that is what I did.

@tsinghuaboard  I think that 'competition is split into the individual cohorts. Like, People who were nominated by the embassy compete for spots the embassy has, and university nomination compete with the university nominations'.

Some universities declare the quota regarding Chinese University Program, i.e. Shanghai International Studies University. You may find more in the following link http://www.oisa.shisu.edu.cn/Default.aspx?tabid=1724 

大家好!

Last summer I was awarded a one-year Chinese Government Scholarship - EU Window to continue a language program (during my first semester I was a self-supporting student). This year I have decided to apply for a Bachelor's degree program in Chinese Language and Literature (Business Chinese); precipitated by a semester long language program. Has anyone applied for CGS more than once? Successfully?

My preferred institution is Xiamen University. My second choice, Zhejiang University of Science and Technology (ZUST), has already given me a pre-admission letter (which I have enclosed in my application package). Both of these universities also offer programs that are focused on Business Chinese and in addition they allow students who have already got HSK 4 (scores of 240 or above) to start Bachelor programs from the third academic year. Therefore it is possible to get a Bachelor's degree in only 2 years, and not 4 (I am going to take HSK 4 this June). Should I be enrolled at ZUST, I also believe a semester long language programme in preparation for HSK 5 would be advantageous with regard to my Bachelor's degree (due to the fact ZUST allows for Bachelors' students to enrol in February/March 2016, as well as September 2015). Is anyone here taking/has taken such a Bachelor program?

Programs' descriptions on cucas (couldn't find them in English on universities' websites):

http://school.cucas.edu.cn/course/detail?sid=23&courseid=3555

http://school.cucas.edu.cn/Study-In-Zhejiang-University-of-Science-and-Technology_104/Program-Chinese-Language-and-Literature--Business-Chinese-_27375.html