Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Applications/Results - 2015

mazi

Hey guys, I'm new to this thread. I have a couple of questions regarding the application..

The deadline for the submission of requirements in our country was last 15 April. I am applying for a Chinese language program, and I chose these universities: Tianjin Normal U, Dalian IT, and Chang'an Univ (checked the rankings of these universities, and I think they're not so top universities, maybe this would increase my chances of getting in for there is probably less competition) I already submitted my requirements. 

My concerns: 

Problem is, I realized i have failed to submit an English translation of my college diploma (but I've submitted a notarized copy of my diploma ). I wonder how this would affect my application, given that I'm applying for a Chinese language program. I've contacted our local embassy to inquire if I can still forward my translated diploma on top of my submitted requirements, according to them the set of requirements I've submitted prior is already final as it is (hence I don't think they're still comfortable accepting changes on my submitted requirements) 

I've had some info from our education ministry that there are only 4 slots available for our country this year. The total number of applicants according to them is also 4 for this year! I was wondering if this means that the CSC would automatically fill in these slots and accept all 4 applicants (including me :)) I wonder how the CSC would proceed with this... 

I have applied for master degree+1year language study. I was told by EU Window i can take one year although it is possible to go for two years. In the application info it was said the school or csc can change the period of your study time. Do they realisticly do that, extend/shorten language learning time?

@Shuoshuo

I don't have any Chinese profiency -blushes- thank you for your advice, it's quite useful, for anyone that does has a Chinese level.  :)

@lambilyforever

Well, the CSC asks for the English translation, but maybe the Embassy can give you a chance to meet this requirement before they send the documents to the CSC.

@lambilyforever

To be honest, I'm not sure any of us REALLY knows "what matters" and all.. like.. it seems to be a bit like a crapshoot at times.. and no one really knows what hurts your chances or helps for the most part.

Hopefully it works out ok, though!  I DO know that my embassy (Washington DC) would contact me if I was missing something.. I wasn't, but they emailed out asking candidates to send Pre-admissions letters if they haven't already so if they COULDN'T accept additional forms they wouldn't have sent that email out.

Try calling your embassy!  If they're like mine, you can just ask and perhaps they'll allow a quick emailed translation scan or something.

@Shuoshuo

Based on your posted, I am sure that you more experience for CSC, so please help me to answer my previos question, I got the acceptance letter from Donghua University Shanghai to study Doctoral program this year, I also told them that I would like to apply for China Scholarship through china embassy in my home country, please guess me, how much the chance to get scholarsip.

Thank you

Thanks for the help everyone, I already contacted our embassy regarding my concern. They instructed me to send a scanned copy of the translated diploma, although im not so sure if they'd actually print that out and include it in my package (it's worth trying at least) :) 

It is good to hear some of you guys are already nominated. For those who applied directly to the universities, it seems highly unlikely to hear anything this soon.

today I have got my HSK 5 results, and I have got a satisfactory result.  My question is should I send it to CSC or Universities that I applied to? 

Voyager2014, good job on conquering your HSK5! :clap I sent my HSK5 score to the embassy and my school in China (Nanjing U)

P.S. my online status changed from "submitted" to "currently checking"

@Kosame.. probably not.. it said that when I "submitted" it the first time when all I did was complete the form so I could download it as a PDF.  I don't think we actually applied through that site so I don't think it will change.  All we did is "submit it to be created as a pdf form to download and print" not submit to any group.

I could be wrong.. it's just an assumption based on what I saw on mine.

I'm assuming on the university sites or on cucas or something.. especially if there is 5 of them?  If you applied through your local embassy, you won't have any such "account" or place that would be showing your application's status.  All you get is something saying you're a candidate and then it's just a waiting game.

Hendra, I don't know what your chances are because everyone's situation is different. If you followed the process that we all advised on this thread then I believe the chances are great. Make sure you submitted your online CSC form to the correct embassy agency number. If you did so, then you attached your acceptance letter with your complete application form and then you sent your application form to the embassy. By now your online application should show the "checking" status, is this correct? By June or before that, Donghua should be able to confirm with you that they have received your application from CSC. I believe that your scholarship is guaranteed if you are certain that your embassy sent your application form to CSC. This is the most crucial step.

By early July, the university should already know the results of your scholarship. Donghua is known for being a cool school, I'm sure the teachers there will be more than happy to reveal the results to you. If you end up not being successful through CSC (but I believe you will be), don't worry because the uni can also nominate candidates esp. for PhD. So I think you can definitely get a scholarship. Start preparing to come to China!

Still no word...

I know that it's only been a  month since the deadline for my school, but I'm going to freak out if I have to wait until the end of June for any updates at all.

I didn't go through an embassy and I'm starting to get nervous that I only went through the school.

Good luck to everyone else.