Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Applications/Results - 2015

mazi

So,

I am American, applied through the Chinese Embassy in the states, got nominated and what not. However, I originally applied to three schools, changed my mine, applied to another and they sent me a pre admission letter. I called the embassy and explained myself, to which she said that it doesn't matter which schools you applied to online, or which I sent in on my application, all that matters (in my case, where I want to go to one school) is the pre-admission letter. 

So I know some of you are checking your internet status every day, but you may be better off relaxing until July. 

Well to be honest I also wouldn't worry about it too much. It's not like they're gonna do all applications in one day so the status might change at a later point or it might not, as we know it hasn't been shown to be all too meaningful in the past. 

I also applied to three universities but how do i know if they are currently checking my documents? I logged in 'laihua' but it keeps saying 'already submitted' so the status hasn't changed for me yet :/ i don't know how to take that..

Many of us here who applied last year never saw a status change after "checking".

The first I heard from was my uni, a teacher there who sent me the pre-admissions notice unofficially announced that my CSC application was accepted (I think this was on July 1). Jul 5th, my embassy unofficially confirmed it. In my case it was around mid August (!!) if I remember correctly, when my MOE officially confirmed. So I am sure those of you who continue to communicate with your universities, they may be able to confirm your status late June or early July. This is for agency applications, direct uni applications can confirm sooner. We saw this happen a lot last year. Best of luck!

@shuoshuo

thanks a lot for the information I applied through an organization and haven't heard of them at all. I just know my status changed, I hope it means that at least my application was sent to the CSC. I've been tempted about asking directly to them, but I feel that they would feel like I'm pushing or simply very rude, although they said they would contacted the pre selected candidates in April. From what I see none of us have received at least the nomination.

thank you @shuoshuo, that info is truly a relief for many of us here. 

the first Uni i applied to was TJNU (i applied through the CSC application), and they emailed me last week asking for a soft copy of my passport, as they are in the process of preparing my admission materials. Do you think (based on your experience applying and interacting with your co-applicants last year) this is close to getting the scholarship from CSC? How do you think should I make sense of that information? thanks in advance :)

Hi everybody,

do not worry if your status on laihua.com has not changed yet...it is probably not gonna even change...

Mine is still "submitted" but I got the confirmation from Belgium that they have received my application so really do not stress about it, laihua status is really not important :)