Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Applications/Results - 2015

mazi

I applied through the oas my status changed to currently checking the oas still has not posted the preselection names i have been checking everyday. I am from the caribbean and i heard that they only give out 15 scholarship

@knikkiboo and @Levinho

Where are you applying from? I am from Guatemala. I already had a pre admission letter and the other two universities are asking me for the award letter. Hopefully this change in status will mean something positive for us.

I do hope everyone gets sum positive news.what i cant understand is why the oas has not yet posted the preselected name when it says they would in april and final selection would be april- june the suspense is killing me

for those who applied Zhejiang University for masters program, apparently they ruled out master degree applicants because the number of PhD applicants are 20 times higher than it has ever been.  They only select PhDs this year for CSC.

So apparently they like PhD students more than they like Masters :-)

• Like 1

So I emailed CSC days ago, to inquire about the status of my application. I did this upon instruction of the universities I applied to. Now I'm off to inquire with our local embassy (dispatching authority). Below is CSC's response to me. 

------

Hi,

Regarding to your inquiry about your application status, please refer to your dispatching authority. China Scholarship Council can not offer you any information before the final result to be released in coming July.

Regards,

for those who applied Zhejiang University for masters program, apparently they ruled out master degree applicants because the number of PhD applicants are 20 times higher than it has ever been. They only select PhDs this year for CSC.

So apparently they like PhD students more than they like Masters :-)

Hi! Can you, please, tell me how do you know that information??

You can still get a CSC scholarship for your Master's if you have been nominated by an embassy, right? (国别)

I think what you said applies only to those who applied using the university agency number.

Hello everybody! I m new to here. can anyone tell me how could i apply for masters degree scholarship in Chinese language/literature/translation or any other subject related to Chinese language? do they( CSC) provide scholarships to study masters degree in Chinese language and literature? i want to become a language teacher in future. can anybody give me an advice for this?

@Aleksandrova

That's what Zhejiang international office told my friend. They said it only apply to CSC applicant. @Angelina, They didn't specify if it is only for those who applied directly to Zhejiang or not. But apparently they have a new scholarship opportunity for graduate students:

http://iczu.zju.edu.cn/english/type1/01032502.html

@knikkiboo

Same goes for me! Due to timelines given I thought it would have been an easier approach with atleast updates along the way. Lack of information is messing with my mind!  :wall ...

I'm from st. lucia as well, going for undergraduate in management... i thought i was alone there for a minute.  I admit the thought of china scared me for a bit but we must go where the opportunities are if we hope to grow.

Best of luck!

Its getting difficult waiting for the final approval from CSC and gradually the tension is building up. I had received an email of nomination from BUAA on 28th April and since then now it seems like a long time. I'm afraid that CSC might not have approved. Can only pray, Allah helps me and continue waiting anxiously.

@levinho yay hope we both get through i wanted to apply for the cuban scholarship but i didnt go to sir Arthur went straight to medical school from secondary but it closed down which is why i applied for this one

@Andreea

Just like the EU Window, the OAS haven't published who they nominated and although our status changed we're not sure if this means that we were nominated. We are all getting anxious, but we'll have to be patient.