Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Applications/Results - 2015

mazi

• New Members

Has anybody ever applied directly to Northwestern Polytechnical University for CSC? Actually the deadline is 31 March but my application was received at NPU on 3 April. So, I was bit worried because I have not yet received any E-mail notification regarding my nomination for CSC. Does anybody has any idea if the NPU is strict regarding the deadline?

@Lambilyforever

Hey there, I also applied for the scholarship thru Commission on Higher Education in Manila. I am from the US but I have dual citizenship, other one being Filipino. I asked CHED about the progress of my application and received a response that it was already forwarded to the Chinese Embassy. I was kind of doubtful about it because I was told when I applied that there will be a panel interview. My online status already changed to "checking". (I assume it's a good sign?) btw, I applied for an english-taught masters degree program. How's yours doing? Thanks

Best of luck to everyone.

This waiting game is really 麻烦。

@Adeels 

I don't think such a minor difference in dates would be significant. Many universities have mentioned deadlines even upto 15th April but sent nominations to CSC only after the 30th of April. Some are still doing the shortlisting, so I guess it depends on uni to uni basis. Have you contacted the international school in NPU? Or any friends there? Maybe that could help in getting you information.

@Kosame:I'm finished my application in lailua.csc.cn on 4th March and send my hard copy to china on 28 march 2015. I checked everyday from that time to yesterday, my stt has not changed. But this morning 20 May, it changed that I posted at #828.

its not a bad new either good. Im waiting for final result but my status is still same so whats matter. I heard last year some peoples status has not changed but they got the scholarship.

@pol_diyan 

Yeyy Filipino! Well Ched is right, i called them and they told me that they forwarded our applications to the embassy. are you residing in the Philippines now? Did you study here in the Philippines? 

So here's my timeline

I must disclose first that I applied through the dispatching authority only, i didn't apply for any university. I just indicated my three preferences in the application form. I am applying for a one-year language program 

April 10: I submitted all my application documents to our dispatching authority (Our ministry of education). 
April 15: Dispatching authority submitted/recommended my application documents to our Chinese embassy 

May 14: My online status changed from "submitted" to "currently checking" 
May 19: Tianjin Normal university, my first university choice, emailed me that they need a copy of my passport to prepare my admission materials. They also told me that I got accepted in the university for a one-year language program. When I asked  if this also means im getting the CSC scholarship, they said I have to check with CSC regarding this. I also called our embassy to let them know of the email i got from TNU. They told me to forward to them the email so that they can email the ministry of education of China regarding this, so I did. 

I don't know what the chances of being accepted by the CSC, given the news from TNU. Or how this would affect my CSC application overall.

@SuCheng, you're right.. My friend's status never changed, but he got the scholarship (this was last year). 

A friend of mine who is teaching in China is super familiar with the process and stated that if you got the candidacy, you very much likely got the scholarship.. he offered to send me $100 if I DIDN'T get it. :)

Hopefully he's right.  I won't count my chickens though.. I ain't buying that flight until I get the letter. haha.

Oh god. I typed "ain't" without even realizing it at first... My Philly is showing.  :lol:

@DongLian, that sounds reassuring. :)  Although you're right, now's not yet the time to celebrate. No celebration until I get a confirmation or something. 

Just a random thought. Do you think I should email them saying like, "if you need to get in touch with me or something or if you want to know more about me, i'm more than willing to make an introduction of myself (i was thinking like sending them a link of my Linkedin page for reference..)" ... might be an oversell, just thinking out loud here of how I can really get noticed (in a good way) and really secure the spot.. :/  

I honestly don't think it would help.. I don't think they care that much to invest that much more time. With as many applications they have to go through, I doubt they spend a lot of time on any one app.