Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Applications/Results - 2015

mazi

@HFK

The university I applied for told me July.

"We'll send the formal admission notice and visa application form in July by post and inform each successful candidate of everything related to the September registration."

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I mainly just wanted to post this for others who are wondering now, or in the future. 

@HFK, I have emailed the international students office in regards to the visa documents. Since it's already the weekend in China, I won't hear back until next week. But I will keep everyone updated.

• Like 1

what happens if you applied to a university and you dont make it through the first stage, does that mean that they will pass your application to the second and 3rd universities u applied to?

i need comments on this

:clap Congratulation tsinghuabound! you must be so happy, now you can mentally prepare for the journey next fall. You're so happy it even shows in your username! :mrgreen:

@Tetteh Emmanuel, I think they do, i think if the school doesn't accept you, they still will give your application materials to the CSC since it's a program through CSC and universities. i am sure CSC sends your application to your 2nd and 3rd if your 1st doesnt accept. CSC says they will send you somewhere (even if they choose one for you) since they're in Beijing and have contact with all of the universities of China.

Thanks everyone! and again, I didn't mean to freak anyone out. I thought i'd just share this information to let people know that the scholarship council has started to look at your applications.

@voyager, thanks for the reply.. so do you mean that it just won't update?  That shouldn't hurt anything though right? Like I've still submitted it.  If it only means that the status won't update then I guess that's not really a big deal. :b

@DongLian

I have no idea about that. Only thing I know is "Application Recovered" appears after you click the "retrieve the application" button, and it needs to be submitted again. 

I also wanted to mention something about creating multiple accounts. I originally created and submitted an application to the embassy. I didn't expect to get a university nomination. But when I did receive the nominations I was told my application needed to have the university code not the embassy code. The lady at the international students office told me just to create another application and put down the university code. I don't believe creating multiple applications will affect anything.

Does anybody know if its more advantageous to apply directly to the university or through an embassy? I was contacted by the university I applied for to do a Masters, the application has been done through the university.

Thanks

Hello everyone,  Last year six people applied for CSC master scholarship from my university and all of them was accepted by universities. According to my chinese teacher said every university want to have students from each country  so its important that how many people  applied to same university from your country that means also universities have rights to choose winners, in the other hand having a teacher's recommend letter from you applied university impress your application.

This year I applied for Tianjin Normal University with recommend letter of professor whos from Tianjin Normal University. Two days ago I contacted to university and they told me that they sent my documents to CSC for checking.  Here anyone know when CSC checks applications of this university? it should be between the same dates with last year.