Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Applications/Results - 2015

mazi

Hello, 

I am new here, I was reading through the comments and thought to join! I am from the Bahamas and I am a 2015 Candidate for this year's government scholarships. Nice to meet everyone!

i am interested in CGS of 2016 batch and i am interested in doing my masters leading to phd in emergency medicine or pediatric medicines....

my preference would be

1. peking union medical college

2. Shanghai Jio'Tang medical university

3. Zhejiang medicaal university

4. Fudan university

@lambilyforever

Hey, I did high school in Subic but I finished college in the US. I applied for the scholarship there last year but my application was marked incomplete.

So this year I thought of trying my luck via Chinese Embassy Manila.

And fortunately, my application was listed for the scholarship nominations. 

(I heard there are only 4 slots for the Philippines, not sure)

I'm in Beijing right now doing some advanced courses as prerequisite for my masters. 

It was of the same date with you when my online status changed to currently checking.

Haven't heard anything from the universities of my choice though and that's making me really anxious.

Goodluck to us and thank you for sharing your deets. 

I'm shooting for a 2-year language program.  If I get one, that's cool but I'm shooting for 2 as I believe that's the maximum.  I think one can get pretty fluent in that amount of time.

oh, sorry. 

I applied through our Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Embassy of China. I applied for a Bachelors in Economics and International Trade. I got my award letter March 30th. I applied to HUST in the 2nd week in January and got my pre-admission letter about the 4th week in January. I submitted it with my application. 

Hello everyone,

Has anyone applied to Beijing Institute of Technology? Have you heard anything from them? I emailed them last week and I got a response today saying they are still selecting applicants and the results will be published at the end of May. My worry though is that my status on laihua still says "submitted" :( . Please, has any BIT applicant's status changed to "checking"?

It changes to checking when the nomination is forwarded to CSC for approval by the university. If BIThas still not finalised their list then they may not have forwarded to CSC yet that's why no status change. Also previous scholars have said that most unis don't update the status regularly and some even got the scholarship but their status was still shown as 'already submitted' so don't worry about the status change, just keep in touch with BIT.

• Like 1

@BITstudent  

My status has not changed either but Xi'an JiaoTong University have already forwarded my application at the beginning of the month. I would not worry about that website, more important is what the university says. 

Hi guys! Could the documents be forwarded to CSC by 2 or more universities, how do you think?
2 out 4 universities changed my status but only one of those two wrote me a 'welcoming letter'.

All this process is sooo confusing, and this waiting for results is just killing me. :wall

@HFK & Bjnsharp, many thanks, that's reassuring! 

@Katecheng, to my knowledge, yes! 2 or more universities can forward your documents to CSC however, CSC will choose only 1 university for you. Their system will actually flag your passport number when it receives your documents from 2 or more universities. Then they will allocate one university to you. On their website it says it's ok to apply to more than one university however note that only one scholarship will be awarded to each successful applicant.

• Like 1

I just got email from my target university Jiatong University: "We have received the hard copy of your application. Your application will be sent to Department Review"

And my status from EU changed into currently checking.

But i also applied through my embassy, so i dont know which documents did they receive (From EU or my countr). But as far as they get sth is good :)