Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Applications/Results - 2015

mazi

@tsinghuabound and everyone else,

Make sure to keep your forms you need for the X visa in a safe place (such as Physical for foreigner). Put these in safe places so you don't lose them when its time for the X visa!

• Like 1

June seems so far away, I hope they start sending them by end of May. But this might be for any particular university, others might send earlier and last year scholars even got them in late July. Its very less time for people who have to go through many procedures before they can leave their jobs and their countries. Also does anyone have an idea when the classes will start in September and by when a student is supposed to register. 

I applied through ministry of education in my country which points candidates for the embassy. And they choose candidates from interviews. On their website they said that we do not have to bring noterised copies of the documents and the Physical Examination Form to the interview. They said we should submit them to the ministry if we pass the interview. And the only document that I didnt give ministry was the physical form.

It took about 30 days for them to choose candidates and they sent out the documents to China in a day or two after. Even if I was informed right away it takes like a week to get the form from a Hospital. So there is basicly no way I can submit that before they send out other documents. 

Before taking the interview I talked to the others and no one brought Physical Examination like me. And the lady from the Ministry said that no one sent them  Foreigner Physical Examination or any other document.

My application and probly others went to CSC without Physical Examination form. So my question is that, Physical Examination form is a big deal? Can I get the scholarship without it? Or is it just a something I need to show when I register to School after I get to China. 

Is there anyone around here who has received the official letter along with the visa forms? I know that a few universities have announced the nominated students names and forwarded them to CSC for approval, but I'm wondering if the CSC has confirmed any scholars and if the process of official letters and visa forms has started yet or not?

Been following threads on this site for quite some time. It's quite a useful source of information from individuals who seem to really be familiar with events. Feels good to be part of that.

• Like 2

MBADominicanApplicant

Hi all,

First of all thank you everyone for your contribution to this forum. I have a quick question to anyone who may have an answer/comment

I applied directly to the university (USTC in Hefei) and just got a notice saying I got recommended to CSC.

Now, has anyone read in past threads about beeing recommended by the university but got rejected by CSC? I just want to know how much chance I have.

Gracias!

Today, my online account (laihua) just changed my status from "Application form has been already submitted" to "The application form is currently checking". 

I guess this means that they are checking my application only now. 

@lambilyforever

I just checked my online application and it also changed, my status is currently "Application form is currently checking" to be honest I'm not sure what does this mean because the OAS haven't told me if I was pre-selected although I already had a pre-admission letter, I'm hopeful that this means that the CSC already has my application meaning that I was actually nominated, but not sure yet.

Anyone else applying through the OAS that could tell me if their status changed?

Right. I guess it's more likely that the CSC is indeed considering our application now, but I guess it's different for other countries depending on the process for each region or for each country. I contacted the universities I applied for as well and they told me that I should check with CSC. 

Hello. I received a notification from gongShang university from Hangzhou that I wasn't selected as a CSC scholarship candidate. Now I would like to apply for a Provincial scholarship in Hangzhou for a bachelor program. The Bachelor program has 4 years and my question is would they want to pay my first year ? Won't be the fact that the program has 4 years a problem for giving me the money?