Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Applications/Results - 2015

mazi

JDF,

Yes, I would wait 1 day more, yesterday I requested by e-mail from "Office" all originals of visa-documents, since they promised me to send them by post after 20 of June, I wanted to accelerate official process of visa obtention, as a rule, they reply within 1-2 business days, thus, tomorrow or after tomorrow they will reply somehow, and we will check again this line "Pay tuition fee", I suppose that on Friday we will know more about everything than today. 

I have been looking at those scholarship recipient lists for different universities and it seems to me that most of the students receiving CGS are from several selected countries (i.e Pakistan, Russia, Vietnam, Thailand and some other developing nations). Few or almost no Europeans, Americans or Australians. Why is that so? Are Westerners not applying to Chinese universities or do they have smaller scholarship quotas?

/ Probable EU student at Fudan

• Like 1

Though I did receive an admission letter from scut (they specified: According to the notice of teh China Scholarship Council, your fees for studying in Chinawill be covered by Chinese Government Scholarship under the condition that you could get the scholarship successfully).

So, why is my name not in that list? I am from central Africa :help

Dear Bientai,

It seems to me that Europeans, Americans and Australians don't usually apply to Chinese universities, there are many prestigious and technologically developped universities in Western countries (even including Finland, Spain and Italy). For many applicants from developing and low-income countries to study in China is scarcely single opportunity for education abroad. I don't know about quotas for Westerners, but it maybe exists some political aspect here, China economically collaborates with all types of countries, but politically inclines little more friendly to BRICS, SCO and other developing countries than to anglo-saxon countries. In my humble opinion. 

Where did you find out this list of awardee names? Which website is it?

Could someone explain me those scholarship recipient lists? Do those list consist of people who applied dirrectly to the university? Or do people who applied via other insitution and not directly are also part of that list? (sorry if my question is not easy to understand)

@Kosame: I do meet the same issue....and your question makes a sens.

But did you receive an admission letter from? I did apply through other institution where I have been selected and awarded with a letter for Chinese Government Scholarship Candidate. they asked me to apply for three universities (what I did). finally, I received an admission from SCUT, I submitted it to the institution I applied through and they asked me to wait still end of july....Now this list of final results of SCUT (CSC 2015) is embarrassing me a lot!

Could someone tell us what is exactly happening?

MBADominicanApplicant

Dear all!

USTC results are out. I got the scholarship to USTC thank God! I wish you all good luck and may God be with you and your future plans.

I have to admit this forum helped me a lot during the application process and also to keep me from not going crazy during wait time.

Good luck to all and see you in China!

Sam

I think the number of students from European countries and US are very low compared to those from developing countries. I remember once my professor who is in charge of dealing with CSC applications at the U told me that application procedure is just a formality for students from western countries. He said that every western students get acceptance if they submit the application successfully! 

but all in all, Pakistani students are the winner of the CSC. It seems they outnumber all the other countries combined. Their CSC Facebook page has more than 40 thousand members! 

BTW any news from Xiamen?

Good Luck to Everyone!

• Like 1

@stanislasdecourbel & kosame,

It means that CSC did not give you the scholarship.

Were you nominated by SCUT for Chinese government scholarship?

CSC only approves or declines applicant's lists forwarded to them by nominating bodies.

So I guess, you guys were not nominated by SCUT

From what I can tell, the lists of successful applicants coming out these days do not include all successful applicants, just those that applied to the university directly. Those who did not apply to universities directly need not worry.

To provide an example: none of the three EU Window scholarship recipients for Nanjing University from last year [1] appear on the list of awardees from the university [2].

[1] Universities of the Admitted for 2014~2015 "EU Window" Scholarship (First Group)

[2] Recipients of 2014 China Government Scholarship Master and PhD Program

i'm always keeping an eye close for this forum. seems to give me a lot of infos.

i'm like 50% sure i'm not going to get the scholarship (since i didn't have any pre admission letter)/50% sure that i'm going to get the scholarship

@ stanislasdecourbel,

First, I want to ask you.

1. When you applied to SCUT for admission letter, did you ask them to nominate you for CSC scholarship?

Because if you didn't apply to the university to nominate you, then of course they did not nominated you.

Then the other option is, you could have applied to the ministry concerned in your country, so that they nominate you and send your documents to CSC. (together with your pre-admission letter)

So, if you didn't do that, then you will not get the scholarship because you are not nominated by either SCUT or your government ministry.

That's the way I understand the process.

Those of us who have not received any notification need to be aware that The CSC has many scholarships. What I mean is that there are many categories...which are: 

1. Chinese Government Scholarship-Bilateral Program

2. Chinese Government Scholarship-Great Wall Program

3. Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University ...

4. Chinese Government Scholarship-EU Program

5. Chinese Government Scholarship-AUN Program

6. Chinese Government Scholarship-PIF Program

7. Chinese Government Scholarship-WMO Program

8. Marine Scholarship of China

9. MOFCOM SCHOLARSHIP

So you all need to know which scholarship program you applied too and stop panicking when you read final results for the different universities because the scholarships are categorized according to their program...

So take the time to read thoroughly and understand.

@Aleksei: I am just looking at the lists of different university scholarship awardees that people post here every now and then. A lot of Pakistan, Russia and Thailand. Heaps of other selected South Asian countries, considerable number of African receipients and sometimes a few Europeans or Americans here and there.

I think your reasoning makes sense. However, I think good scholarships and interesting environment should be a motivator for more Europeans to go to China. I was accepted to top 100 schools in Europe, yet I will start my studies in a considerably lower ranked school in China or Taiwan. Maybe it is just me - I am fascinated by Asia and Mandarin.

Those of us who have not received any notification need to be aware that The CSC has many scholarships. What I mean is that there are many categories...which are:

1.            Chinese Government Scholarship-Bilateral Program

2.            Chinese Government Scholarship-Great Wall Program

3.            Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University ...

4.            Chinese Government Scholarship-EU Program

5.            Chinese Government Scholarship-AUN Program

6.            Chinese Government Scholarship-PIF Program

7.            Chinese Government Scholarship-WMO Program

8.            Marine Scholarship of China

9.           MOFCOM SCHOLARSHIP

So those of you who are panicking, just wait until your scholarship category program comes out...

• Like 1