Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Applications/Results - 2015

mazi

Hey, has anyone here applied for an undergraduate program with a prep Chinese language course for a year or two beforehand? I want to do both with the scholarship, but I'm not sure if I should apply for the language scholarship and then the undergraduate, or just both at once. Also I want to apply directly so that I can possibly boost my chances if accepted, but the only choices that the university gives is language student or undergraduate. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it! This is for next years application of course!

@DongLian Hey! Yes I just got my package today from the US Embassy! Did you call them? I called Mrs. Guan last week and she asked me to email her my address and received it today. I suggest you call her in the morning. That's the only time she answers her phone calls "from my experience.

Got my acceptance for my first choice from the DC embassy! I live in ny so it didn't take too long to get here.

Does anyone know if the US embassy full scholarship includes airfare? They list tuition, housing, stipend, and medical insurance on the acceptance letter, but nothing about airfare. 

@josecheng88 which country are you from?

@Brendin which scholarship did you apply for 2015?

@lanicaa11 most scholars would be prioritized for the rooms, since the university officers who pre-selected you should've included your name on the room reservation.

@Miekgda it may be used as a basis for decision if you will reapply in the future.

Everyone in the us who applied through the embassy in DC seem to already have gotten their results what about us in the Caribbean who applied via the oas it's the same DC embassy anyone heard anything yet?

@Pantsu   Nice, congratulations man! Did you apply directly to your university as well or just list your choices?

@weiwuji I applied for an entirely different scholarship this year and didn't get it, so I should have applied for this :/ 

I'm a community college student applying for undergrad with a year language prep, but my grades are all A's. Do you guys think that I would be considered even if I didn't take honors courses? Thanks for your support!

Hi everyone, I'm new here, this forum has been helping me a lot

So I applied for 1 year language course + 2 year master degree scholarship and got accepted but now I'm not so sure about the major I chose but still want to learn the language. Does anyone know if there is any consequence / if it's okay If I stop after finishing the language course?

• New Members

Hey, all. Long-time reader; first-time poster. 

For any of the CGS recipients in the U.S. who have already received their documents (@Nnedi Ugo, @utsura, etc.), did you have to sign for anything? My flight is booked for next Wednesday, so I'm running on very tight timelines at this point and want to make sure I don't miss any docs if I leave the house for a few hours tomorrow or Saturday.

Thanks for any insight!