Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Applications/Results - 2015

mazi

• New Members

1) What is your native country? United States of America (Connecticut/New York)

2) Where did you apply? Chinese Embassy in Washington, D.C.

3) When did you apply? March 15th

4) When was the deadline? End of March

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No

6) What program did you apply for? Doctoral Degree in Chinese History

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? Sun Yat-sen University, Jinan University, and Fudan University

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? 8401

10) Where did you get your physical done? Family Physician

11) Did you get your documents notarized? Yes, I had them notarized at my local Bank of America

12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes

13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? No

14) How were you notified? I emailed the Chinese Embassy in DC on July 28th asking about the results. And they emailed me back and requested my address

15) When were you accepted/rejected? July 28th and I received the documents on August 6th.

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Jinan University for both the degree program and 1 year of language study.

17) Laihua status? The application form is currently checking.

I actually ended up receiving my package from the embassy today and the envelope was left in my mailbox. I was accepted for a full scholarship at Jinan University. I really wanted to go to Sun Yat-sen University so I think I am going to turn down the scholarship. But good luck for everyone else that has applied!!

• Like 1

@meiguorenner My package did not mention to bring anything extra. It just told me to bring enough money before they distribute the stipend. I would make copies of your important documents before you go! Good luck. I leave Aug 30th

• Like 1

@DongLian The materials were mailed to my home. Are you located far from DC? It may just be the postal office taking a while to get there.

@meiguorenner I didn't have to sign for the package and it was just stuffed in my mailbox. I don't think you have to worry about being home when it's delivered.

• New Members

Thanks for the responses, @Nnedi Ugo and @utsura.

@DongLian, did your tracking number show delivery progress? I got my tracking number, but it only reflects that a shipping label was created on Monday afternoon - no updates about anything actually being shipped, much less points in transit. Not sure whether it's an anomaly of some sort or par for the course.

Hi everyone. Has anyone got news from Mofcom scholarship? I contacted the concelour office in my country and they told me that have not received any admission letter from CSC(Beijing). When I contact CSC(Beijing) they say that I'm admited to Shanghai Jiao Tong University but they haven't received documents from the University. And finally when I contact the university itself they say that they have sent all documents loong ago to CSC.... Don't know what to do...:(

@meiguorenner I got a tracking number showing the last update being on Wednesday morning at a closer location to where I live. The shipping label was created and info sent was also Monday for mine. Nothing new about being left in the dark I suppose.

@NargizT

So there are finally results for the MOFCOM scholarship!  , what number did you called? I called two days ago and they told me that i should wait for my embassy to contact me.

I guess there are no lists right?

I finally got my documents today but I got too the visa office too late so I'll go back on Monday.. I'm really annoyed as I live 3 hrs away but luckily I have friends here I can visit so it's not a waste. Will go back on Monday first thing when they open.

Hey guys, I have one more question. I'm going to apply for the undergraduate scholarship with 1 year language prep next year. I will be finished with my associate's degree by the time I am notified about the scholarship, so I'm wondering if I should still apply for 4 full years plus the 1 extra. I'm not sure if any of my credits will transfer, so maybe I should just in case. Thanks for your support!

1) What is your native country? USA
2) Where did you apply? Chinese Embassy in Washington D.C.
3) When did you apply? February 11
4) When was the deadline? March 30 / April 15
5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No
6) What program did you apply for? Chinese language for 1 year
7) What schools did you put for your preferences?  1) Sun Yat Sen, 2) South China Normal University, 3) South China University of Technology
8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? Only SCUT
9) What agency number did you use? 8401 - US Embassy in DC
10) Where did you get your physical done? Local clinic
11) Did you get your documents notarized? Yes, at a local library.
12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes
13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? Yes, I received one from SCUT and SCNU but only submitted the one from SCUT to the embassy.
14) How were you notified? Received email from the embassy on July 27th asking for my address.
15) When were you accepted/rejected? July 27th, received the document August 7th.
16) What school and program were you accepted to? SCUT
17) Laihua status? The application form is currently checking.

I later changed my mind and wanted to go to SCUT as the top choice. I only submitted the preadmission letter I received from SCUT to the embassy when they requested to get preadmission letters in the end of April..Seemed to work out just fine. :)

• Like 1

Dear people, hello, sorry to make this pitiful plea my first post here. Late I found this forum, today I got desperate enough to look for info in the internet.

I have applied directly to Nanjing Agricultural University, and I am in Nepal waiting for an answer (although if they send something would be to an address in India), it has become a matter of urgency to know as soon as possible if I got lucky or not. 

I did not know the results were out as early as June, I started calling the university Friday but there is no answer, I'm guessing is officially their summer break time. I can't find the list of Awardees online, it doesn't seem that they posted one.

I have been in Nanjing before, I know my target university is a little bit out, and this is a long shot, but please, is there any way that somehow luckily someone is nearby there? or any other way to know?