Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

@daren2503

I will be at Hangzhou.Don't worry about your Chinese,I'm sure you will do great+ I really think that's a great opportunity for you :)

@hannafit

I won't be able to settle in my dorm before the 19 September and the registration is on the 20th. They told me come after the 15 but I still don't know when exactly are my classes starting, no replay to my emails  :conf  :D

@hannafit 

Re: cabbing to the school. 

some schools do arrange a pick-up from the airport, but if you arrive outside the classic "9-5 working hours" it might behoove you to take a cab. Email with the school I guess? Cabs are pretty cheap compared to US prices, though, so eh. Make sure you write the address down, regardless of your Chinese level. 

Actually I would def recommend taking a cab since it's.... an experience. 

OH. Take a cab from the designated taxi spot. There's the illegal taxis, which can be dangerous, and when you exit the airport (in my experience) you have people yelling at you for a cab; just disregard them. 

@darren: I can't really offer any other advice besides calling! Emailing is iffy, and I know calls are expensive, but I've had the best luck doing that.

@hanna: You got a schedule!? They just told me to arrive sometime between the 8th and 11th. I thought we'd be starting on the 10th (that's what they originally told me way back in May). 

I will be arriving in Shanghai around 3 pm, but will be meeting somebody there so I'm not sure if I'll immediately head to HZ (I may also stay another day as my Chinese teacher from the states is arriving in Shanghai on the 9th!). I will probably just take the subway to the school from the HZ train station. While cabbies in Chengdu were a joy, I had nothing but terrible experiences with people trying to take me for crazy rides in Beijing. Angelina or somebody else from HZ may correct me if I'm wrong, but I found the Chinese transportation system rather easy to navigate if you're feeling like taking the plunge! Also a great way to get a feel for a city. 

Dear Mates,

I'm back. I just got an email from NENU that i got selected as full scholarship students. This is the 2nd Batch of selection...I thought i failed when i didnt see my name on the first list. It was said i should send my mailing address in line with the EMS format. What does it mean???

MOFCOMERS ARE HERE FINALLY

Congrats to the new entrants on the list.

1. Economicactivist

2. Chris Two Times

3. Antsa

4. leemakosa

5. Sula

6. not89

7. samrat

8. Hanafit

9. Paraprove

10. Tomzuklin

11. josesierrag

12. Jude

13. Kristin

14. yano-chin

15. Rebel

16. Abednego

17. Alex_Hart

18. Jpl

19. igzhbt

20. Angelica zar

21. Malte_goes_China

22. yaozilan

23. ELIJAH

24. Adonaiserver

25. Simpleasy

26. abou

27. beginagain

28. melissalaine

29. nvp 18

30. Mel410

31. Cantabile

32. Beth Rillera

33. LaszloBalogh

34. adamr13

35. Ceci095

36. ParisParis

37. Ml14229

38. Willamcarey

39. Koolesttom

40. animus128

41. TyO

42. genzaimu

43. Budi S

44. ZolooB

45. Stephneeli

46. Lolo

47. Loof

NEW ENTRANTS

48. I.M

49. Azre.M

50. haerviu

51. Angels_touch

52. Aphorisme

53. grawrt

54. Brendin

55. horlajide

56. Razumihin

57. XXX13

58. Sonya

59. I.carraza

60. Dinaaa

61 Chanii

62. jacksoncd1

63. Breaknet

64. daren2503

65. haeviru

66. ThatGuyTom

67. MaryS@3777MS

68. sofi1

69. TMAD

70. Hiwot (MOFCOMER)

71. Imam (MOFCOMER)

72. electrophile

@daren2503

I am sorry for late response. Special congratulations. Its our pleasure to help. The concern you expressed will be handled very easily as my supervisor at Fudan Uni advised. If there is an English program, they will change it for you on arrival.

@TMAD

We are unstoppable!!

@Hiwot

Cngrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have a good number, youar 70 on the list

@Alex_Hart:  Thanks for your response again. I did Send emails or trying to call but in vain  :cry:

@I.M: Thanks a lot for your encouragment.. I will do my best to succeed.

@ELIJAH: Thank you for adding me in your list :)  :)  and thanks really a lot for your help  :lol:

Can we try to create a group on WeChat and maybe try to meet there all and help each other for those who will be in need ?

• New Members

1) What is your native country? Ukraine
2) Where did you apply? Ukrainian MOE
3) When did you apply? March 04, 2016
4) When was the deadline? March 11, 2016
5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No
6) What program did you apply for? PhD
7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. UIBE 2. CUFE 3. CUEB

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No
9) What agency number did you use? 8041 (Embassy of PRChina in Ukraine)
10) Where did you get your physical done? Family doctor
11) How did you get your documents notarized? Notary Public 
12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? YES 
13) How were you notified? email from Ukrainian MOE
14) When were you accepted/rejected? Got the email on August 02, 2016
15) What school and program were you accepted to? UIBE

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

Anyone from BLCU here that can help me to know more about the Dorms in BLCU please ? I know it's not the right topic to discuss on this forum but I have been sending messages on the 'BLCU Accomodation' forum but no answer has being received.

Hi guys, is anyone experiencing problem in receiving the application package by post? My fellows italians who applied through the EU Window like me have received it more than a week ago, but I did not. Obviously I am sure my address is correct...

I have emailed Mr Chen Gong more than once and as usual he's not helpful at all...he just replies "check your mail box" ignoring all the rest. Moreover, I have spent 10 euro trying to call the office and none picks up the phone but an automatic money-sucker voice. Any suggestion? 

@ml14229

Are they sending the packages through registered mail? (perhaps someone else from the EU window knows?) I know my embassy did. If that's the case they should have a tracking number and confirmation whether it has arrived or not. 

PM me with your whatsapp / wechat if you want me to call them. I'm living in Belgium so it's a national call for me, not that expensive

• New Members

Hello everyone :)

1) What is your native country? Germany
2) Where did you apply? Brussels
3) When did you apply? 20th March
4) When was the deadline? 20th April
5) Have you applied for the scholarship before?  No
6) What program did you apply for? 1 year Chinese Language studies
7) What schools did you put for your preferences? Tsinghua, Fudan, BLCU
8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No
9) What agency number did you use? 00006
10) Where did you get your physical done? At my family doctor
11) How did you get your documents notarized? Translation office
12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why?  Yes
13) How were you notified? Read it on the website
14) When were you accepted/rejected? 21th July
15) What school and program were you accepted to? I have been accepted to Fudan for one year of language studies

@I.M wow that's late!! well I'll hopefully see you sometime soon in Hangzhou!! 

@FerlingMule   thank you so much for the advice! I think I might take a cab, I've definitely heard it's super cheap so no big deal. I had no idea about the illegal taxis, so thanks for the heads up!!

@Alex Hart Yes they sent me a schedule!! If you want I can send a picture of it for you through wechat? But yep the 19th is when I start my classes :D This makes me very happy as I'll have plenty of time to adjust !! 

With the language ability test--is speaking included? I definitely want to be prepared for this so I don't end up in super beginners chinese like "Ni hao" I'd go crazy!! :'D so I definitely will be studying a lot more this last month!

I'm not sure though that I'm ready to figure out the 地铁 with two big bags of luggage by myself so I will pass on it for now! but I definitely will be using it after I've arrived and settled in. Is the 地铁 relatively cheap?

I'm just wondering when they'll give me my stipend money..probably registration day I'm guessing? 

@hanna: Weird, they didn't send me one! I'll PM you.

Honestly, I've heard absolutely nothing about the test or how they even measure our level. I'm pretty nervous about testing into a lower level, too.  :wall Somebody told me that it isn't all that difficult to change levels during the semester, however, so that's something.

What textbook are you using? And yeah, I understand! I'm bringing one piece of luggage and a backpack so I think I'll be OK on the subway, but wouldn't want to do it if I had two pieces of luggage. I'm not sure about Hangzhou, but the subway in Chengdu was really cheap and easy due to its newness (unlike American subways). I found it easier than cabs simply because I knew I wasn't going to get scammed.

I ended up cancelling my plane ticket and rebooking with a 20 hour layover in Seoul, so I'm going to do a quick day tour of the city before getting to Shanghai at 8pm on Sept 7th.  :lol:

Not sure about the stipend. I'd bring some money to get you by for awhile, however. The Chinese bureaucracy is rarely your friend.

• Like 1

Good evening guys,

Perhaps its not the right place to ask  about this issue.. :D

Actually, i am taking a domestic flight from hong kong to reach my university. i want to know  if students are given special rates regarding excess baggage.

thank you

Does anyone know how the CSC scholarship normally works if our tuition fee is higher than the specified maximum amount on the CSC's website? The stated limit for masters students in the science and engineering field is 29000, while my tuition fee will be 39000 per annum. Are they going to cut my stipend? Does it depend on each university's policy?