Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

• New Members

Hello, I am from Bangladesh. I applied for Chinese Government Scholarship under the Bilateral Program. I applied in bachelor program. I emailed some days ago to the HUAZHONG UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY and yesterday I received the mail..

Dear Mr. Islam,

Thanks for your inquiry, and you are very welcome to join in HUST in this coming September.

You have been nominated as the candidate for HUST, but the final result of admission will be published by CSC in late June or early July. If you could be selected as the winner, you will receive the original document of admission via the Chinese Embassy then.

Good luck!

Sincerely,

Ms. XUE

International Student Office

Huazhong University of Science and Technology

And CSC page my current status is checking. I think everything is positive now for me by the grace of Almighty. please pray for me...And Best of luck to everyone!

@ Njoku

Iam not sure but I dont think its an issue because on my side I only chose one university and I asked at the consulate if it  is a must to select three  university and they told me its not a must provided that I already had the pre-admission letter from a that university. So from that sense I dont think its an issue to you because the university you chose was one among the 26 in the list.

my question to you is how was the procedure in your country?

Here in Zanzibar there was only one chance for MOFCOM PhD and we were 18! so you can imagine! we had interviews till at last I was the only one man standing. so I was then allowed to apply online and send my documents to the consulate.

@BENDEE

You really tried to have scaled through.

But I think PHD have more limited chances for your country to have only a slot for MOFCOM.

In Nigeria here we only follow online procedure,

submit to the embassy but they go through it check the agency number and that's all.

They didn't mention anything slot.

but I sent mail to Mechanial engineering department of foreign affairs in Tsinghua University to know if my application has gotten to them.

highlighting that I choose the school as first choice as well attaching the application form and transcript with some other relevant documents.

@ Njoku

Zanzibar is a small Island with 1.3 million population. so thats why may be there was only one chance for PhD and 8for masters degree other chances were sent to Tanzania mainland.

Has the department of foreign affairs in Tsinghua University replied your email?

@BENDEE

Yeah that's true shared with Tanzania mainland. Zanzibar or Unguja is a Tanzanian

archipelago off the coast

of East Africa. Is a stone town.

No reply yet from Tsinghua I dont know why .

lm just patiently waiting on any feedback.

@Njoku

we have like two months to play a waiting game, but at least to us the consulate was very fair to tell us the exact number of scholarship which was given to Zanzibar and it also makes us to have high hopes, the only screening we have is from MOFCOM only from now.

Hi, my names is Adam.

So I wanted to learn Chinese for a year, so I applied to the EU window-CGS earlier this year, and now the Confucius Institute's, both primarily to Qingdao University. After I sent my stuff to the CI, they wrote that I should contact my uni to raise my chances, and I did (I was already in contact with them, as I got a pre-admission notice for the CGS). At least to my understanding, they wrote that they already accepted me for CGS thus they cant accept me for the Confucius scholarship.
their reply:
我们已经给您做了政府奖学金的通知书,按照中国政府奖学金录取。
所以孔子学院的确认我暂时确认不了。
希望能在青岛大学见到你,以一个中国政府奖学金的身份。

Then I looked up the procedure, and I found that the Chinese Scholarship Council sends the already approved candidate for the unis, and I assumed I'm more or less chosen if the uni also accepted me, so I asked them that this means I got the scholarship, but they only gave a vague answer (最终结果要等中国政府通知您。
希望能在QU见到你@).

So anyone has experience about the procedure and stuff, cuz I don't know what to think :D

Thanks and sorry for the long story :)

• Like 1

Hello,

how likely is it, to get rejected by the CSC after a favorable answer from both the embassy and the university?

By favorable I mean:

"I have received your documents and recommended you online to CSC." - embassy

"I received your application from the CSC and I think you may receive admission in a few weeks." - university

I'm asking this, because just like many others from here, I'll have to tell my boss about my plans and waiting until July is not an option.

@LaszloBalogh

It is difficult for anybody whose name is not 'CSC' to give you a definitive answer on this matter. However, from previous years, it is almost impossible to be rejected if embassy or University has recommended you following CSC rules and regulations on eligibility and other requirements. The only thing that could affect you there is poor documentation because the matter of quota would have been taken care of, at the embassy or University level.

We are waiting to hear your news and include your name in the winners list. Congratulations in advance, though my name is Elijah not CSC.....Hahahahahahahaha

• Like 2

@LanceGonza,

Yes, I believe that if all other things are right and that is the only problem. However, the embassy or University you applied through should have asked you to make that adjustment. FUDAN UNIVERSITY helped me to do that by asking me to go back to tghe CSC platform and adjust it when they began to review my documents.

Be calm and all will be well...............!!!

• New Members

Hey guys, lemme do a favor. I have something to ask. My name is on recommended substitute candidates list. University has 20 recommended candidates list and mine was on 21. Wha† is my chance to take scholarship?

@LaszloBalogh

I think i understand you and I had same fear initially. But going in line with what @Elijah said, every school have a quota to present to CSC which they must not exceed. So my submission is this, if you have the assurance of the university of your choice or embassy and they have presented your name to CSC then you have nothing to fear than to wait in faith.

Just calm down.