Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

@ Njoku,

which university did you choose, on my side I applied through the Chinese consulate in my country and I also applied to HUST unversity which was among the 26 university in the list and the sent me a pre-admission  letter. so i only choose one university in my application.

I have not received CSC official confirmation yet, but I am joining in on the polls about admission. I will update as soon as I have official information. (PS, I have been hearing from the admissions teacher that I don't need to worry, I am on the "recommended" list and that pretty much guarantees the approval).

1)What is your native country? Switzerland/Mexico (Am applying from MEXICO)

2) Where did you apply? Nankai University
3) When did you apply? March 3, 2016
4) When was the deadline? March 10, 2016
5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No 
6) What program did you apply for? Masters in International Relations (Chinese Taught with 1 Year Chinese Prep. Courses)
7) What schools did you put for your preferences? Only Nankai University, I left the other two spaces blank.
8) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? Yes
9) What agency number did you use? Nankai University Agency Nubmer
10) Where did you get your physical done? At a local health center
11) How did you get your documents notarized? Certified by a notary public.
13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I was "selected as a candidate for Nankai University, to compete for the final CSC scholarship, which will be announced end of June@.
14) How were you notified? E-mail and QQ group of Nankai Uni
15) When were you accepted/rejected? April 26, 2016
16) What school and program were you accepted to? (Zhou En Lai School of Government) at Nankai University.
  • Like 1

@ Njoku

OK, in my case I chose Huazhung university of science and technology, and while I was on the process of filling the online form I applied for the admission at the university and they sent me a pre-admission letter so i didnt see the need to even select other two universities on the list. I applied for PhD.

@Angels_touch

Just expect an email telling you that you have been awarded the CSC Scholarship and subsequently expect VISA APPLICATION DOCUMENTS AND ADMISSION LETTER FROM your school. Don't bother yourself with CSC application portal, over the years, it hardly changes further from what it is now.

Great to see so many people hearing back with positive news! Congratulations to all. 

Still anxiously awaiting word from my university - they still are sticking to a "July-ish" deadline.  :wall We shall see!

@BENDEE

ok nice .

I have got question:

my 2nd and 3rd choice of University where;

Jiangsu University and Dalian University of Technology. The two universities are in general list of CSC list but not among the 26 University listed by MOFCOM. I realized after submitting to Embassy.

But my 1st choice Tsinghua is in MOFCOM list.

could this be an issue ?

Guys last year i was in China studying on self support. I dropped my studies when i heard about CSC and went back to my country.

My Chinese Study Visa will expire in September this year.

Now that I have received CSC what should i do?

Do I have to go back to China before expiration date of current Visa or I have to restart the process in my country...

(PS, I have been hearing from the admissions teacher that I don't need to worry, I am on the "recommended" list and that pretty much guarantees the approval).

@yaozilan

Good, good! It sounds like that gamble of going ahead and purchasing the plane ticket turned out well then!

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

June 7th now, this post is heating up! I imagine it will stay hot through August, hotter than the hottest Chongqing hotpot during a hot Chongqing summer!

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

Guys i have a question compared from previous years when do we usually receive our documents and packets to our home i am told it is towards end of june but i am not sure. I have contacted university they did not really tell me when but they said it will reach me by end of june. Does anyone know around what dates any estimates compared to previous years? I applied directly through university and got accepted a while back.

@leemakosa

I do not know how these things work but in my opinion, there are just a few months from the start. Anything that is capable to affect the Scholarship whether sure or not should be avoided. However you may seek advise from the International Students Office of your school. They have a good grasp of the CSC processes, rules and regulations, matters of eligibility if you are living in China already.

• New Members

Hello Guys, the time is over and I'm so glad to see how one by one are getting accepted by their universities/CSC , hope we can have our answer in few time and finish this long wait :)

Greetings

@Angel_touch

My CSC status is currently checking. But as Elijah said it doesnt mean anything. Expect the mail from Uni or ask them about your application. Don't be afraid to knock on doors sometimes it works.

• Like 1

@Antsa

It means something but it doesn't mean what we really want to hear. We want to hear ....CSC SCHOLARSHIP, GRANTED!!!!!!!!!!!!! but the CURRENTLY CHECKING STATUS does not mean that. It just means that your application has gone one step from being SUBMITTED. Someone at CSC has downloaded and is reviewing it.

It seems they don't normally remember to do anything to it again, so you just wait for an e-mail. Wait with faith and assurance, it shall surely come because you are one of the candidates of the agency that submitted your application to CSC.