CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

) What is your native country? MADAGASCAR

2) Where did you apply?- Chinese Embassy in Madagascar

3) When did you apply? 10 February 2016

4) When was the deadline? 1 April 2016

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No

6) What program did you apply for? International law

7) What schools did you put for your preferences?

- Hebei University of Economics and Business

- Zhongnan University of economics and Law

- Zhejiang Gongshan

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No. But I emailed my application to them once I got the award letter from the embassy

9) What agency number did you use? Embassy of PR China in Madagascar number ( I forgot the numbers)

10) Where did you get your physical done? Local hospital

11) How did you get your documents notarized? By a sworn English translator (since they were all issued in french?)

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? HUEB said Yes

14) How were you notified? HUEB emailed me but I'm still waiting for the admission package from embassy

15) When were you accepted/rejected? 03 June 2016

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Hebei University of Economics and Business - Master in International Trade ( in English)

• Like 2

• New Members

Since more people are starting to get confirmation of the scholarship. Do you guys think it might be a good idea to copy previous CSC threads and fill this out? Might be good for people still waiting (ME!) or applicants who read this thread in the future.

1) What is your native country? Indonesia

2) Where did you apply? I applied through university

3) When did you apply? April 8 2016

4) When was the deadline? April 11 2016

6) What program did you apply for? Environmental Sciences

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? Northeast Forestry University

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? Yes, I did

9) What agency number did you use? I use univ agency number, 10225 I guess.

10) Where did you get your physical done? Province hospital

11) How did you get your documents notarized? Our university give us original and notarized documents.

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes

14) How were you notified? NEFU notified me by email. They will send me a visa and etc package in the end of this month.

15) When were you accepted/rejected? April 28th 2016

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Northeast Forestry University, Environmental Sciences.

• Like 2

@Cantabile,

Many thanks for that. That has been in the back of my mind to include those in this thread, but I was waiting to do so. You are right, the time to begin with such posts detailing one's application journey is now.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

@ Chris Two Times

Congratulations on your scholarship which we have seen through your pre-admission letter. You are no 2 on the list, I think, Antsa is no 3 while Economicactivist is no 1

We are still counting.

Cheers Chris

Oh, my brother, I don't want to include my name on such a list yet. I did receive an Award Letter from the Chinese Embassy in my home country and I have received a Pre-admissions Letter from BNU to send back to the Chinese Embassy in my home country, but I haven't received an official word from the CSC yet. I won't rejoice until I get a final, official word from the CSC that I am on their docket for the scholarship; nonetheless, I do feel positive stirrings about all of this business and I do thank you for your positivity and enthusiasm and encouragement in this thread--it is definitely welcomed!

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

Since more people are starting to get confirmation of the scholarship. Do you guys think it might be a good idea to copy previous CSC threads and fill this out? Might be good for people still waiting (ME!) or applicants who read this thread in the future.

@Cantabile

Although my profile is still incomplete, I shall include mine here now:

1) What is your native country? the United States of America
2) Where did you apply? Chinese Embassy in Washington, DC
3) When did you apply? I sent my application via express mail from Beijing to DC in mid-March. It was received by the end of March.
4) When was the deadline? Friday, April 1, 2016
6) What program did you apply for? Bilateral program for one year of Chinese language study in a non-degree program
7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Tsinghua University, 2. Peking University, 3. Capital University of Economics and Business
8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No
9) What agency number did you use? I forgot it, but it is the one for the Chinese Embassy in Washington, DC.
10) Where did you get your physical done? at the official health clinic for foreigners in Haidian District of Beijing
11) How did you get your documents notarized? I got them notarized in the summer of 2015 in my U.S. hometown at a local bank. There was an official notary there and he did it for free!
13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Still waiting for official notification.
14) How were you notified? I presume I shall be notified by email.
15) When were you accepted/rejected? Still waiting. I am hoping to hear by the end of June, but I expect that that notice may come much later, perhaps at the end of July.
16) What school and program were you accepted to? Still waiting

***The end result of my particular situation will be particularly interesting:

I did receive an Award Letter from the Chinese Embassy in Washington, DC in mid-April and the Embassy official then instructed me to get a Pre-admissions Letter from my three preferred universities back to them by the end of April. That was stressful because of the very limited time I had to act. To add to the stress, I contacted Tsinghua and Peking Uni. about this and they were extremely unhelpful (as detailed by previous posts in this CSC 2016 applications thread). I then abandoned further pursuing anything from Tsinghua and Peking Uni. and instead procured a Pre-admissions Letter from Beijing Normal University, where I am currently based.

Beijing Normal University has been my #1 all along, but back in January, BNU told me that they don't recognize scholarships for one-year language students. Fast forward to April, in my desperation to pick up a Pre-admissions Letter from somewhere (haha! anywhere!), I then went to the International Students Office of BNU and, in a very timely manner, they gladly issued me the Pre-admissions Letter for one year of language study; I am most grateful to them for doing this for me. Before receiving the letter, I did send some of my documents to the BNU official and I then applied online for this program at BNU.

Now, even though it is not one of my three preferred universities, let's see if I ultimately get the scholarship for a place at BNU!  8)

Warmest regards,
Chris Two Times

I normally don't reply on forums but I figured it may be helpful to somebody even though I don't apply to any of the major schools in China.

For those keeping track my application status says "The application form is currently checking." 

1) What is your native country? The United States of America

2) Where did you apply? Henan University

3) When did you apply? March 8th, 2016

4) When was the deadline? April 15th, 2016

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No 

6) What program did you apply for? Master degree in Mathematics and Applied Mathematics

1) Henan University

2) Zhengzhuo University

3) I don't remember

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? Yes

9) What agency number did you use? Henan University number

10) Where did you get your physical done? MedCare

11) How did you get your documents notarized? My undergrad university notarized my documents for free.

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes, according to Henan University

14) How were you notified? WeChat (This is how their application guide told me to communicate with them and it was very effective.)

15) When were you accepted/rejected? May 27th, 2016

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Henan University, Masters in Mathematics and Applied Mathematics (in Chinese)

• Like 1

@Annisa

I edited your post for ease of reading. I didn't change any of your writing, but I just put the items in a list format.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

• Like 1

@Chris Two Times

Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!! Chris,

It is not likely that you won't get it, so lets leave your name on the list. You deserve especially because you are our moderator and you have been doing such a nice job, helping so many people fulfill their dreams and aspiration. When you get a final word from CSC, I will edit the list.

• Like 2

Regarding Fudan, my friend's (iso.admission.fudan.com) online application status changed to: "Audit completed" ...mine has not changed yet  :( ...I assume that means that her paperwork was already reviewed...any thoughts ?

Enviado desde mi SM-G900F mediante Tapatalk

@ I.Caranza

Did your friend apply through embassy or FUDAN University, what agency number did she use, Embassy agency number or FUdan agency number?

) What is your native country? ZIMBABWE

2) Where did you apply? TUFE

3) When did you apply? JAN 2nd  2016

4) When was the deadline? April 15th, 2016

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No 

6) What program did you apply for? PHD IN ACCOUNTING

1) TUFE

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? Yes

9) What agency number did you use? TUFE AGENCY NUMBER

10) Where did you get your physical done? EIFFEL F;LATS HOSPITAL

11) How did you get your documents notarized? CERTIFIED DOCS WITH COMMISSIONER OF OATH

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes, according to TUFE 

14) How were you notified? EMAIL

15) When were you accepted/rejected? JUNE 4th, 2016

16) What school and program were you accepted to? PHD IN ACCOUNTING (in Chinese)

• Like 1

Regarding Fudan, my friend's (iso.admission.fudan.com) online application status changed to: "Audit completed" ...mine has not changed yet :( ...I assume that means that her paperwork was already reviewed...any thoughts ?

@ I.Caranza

Did your friend apply through embassy or FUDAN University, what agency number did she use, Embassy agency number or FUdan agency number?

@elijah we both applied thru the embassy

Anyone else that's applied to Tsinghua through the embassy hear any news yet? They emailed me today saying they still have no news on my CSC scholarship. I'm considering emailing my other two universities to see if maybe CSC decided to send me there instead, although that would be weird since I got the pre-admission letter from Tsinghua...