Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

@redmind and other FUDAN Mates

Oh sorry bro. Your process is very different from mine. Fudan does not really owe you any communication yet. Your application documents will be getting to them just about now. They need to review the items and then make a decision which they will communicate CSC before contacting you. This is what makes the delay.

As you have heard something from your embassy, it must suffice for now. For me, I believe you have the scholarship already as long as your embassy followed the criteria given to them by CSC to do the screening before recommending you to CSC.

When you are applying from embassy, your chances of going to the exact Universities chosen is not 100%. This is because, when the embassy approves and forwards to CSC, CSC checks your documents, if they are complete, they send your application to your first choice institution. If the institution has the programme you have applied for, they will most likely accept you but if they don't or do not have suitable supervisor, they will inform CSC and CSC will contact your second choice university and so on.

It is not too long any more, just watch and pray!!!

@Bedan Adjuster

Your post will really adjust the tempo of waiting for some very tense people. There must be some room to know that must not study in China under Chinese Government Scholarship to become what he or she wants to become.

The goose bumps will soon clear brother and for those that believe in prayer as Bedan Adguster said, I tried it and it worked and still works better than the best tranquilizers, tranquilizes both body and soul.

Yea, lets watch and pray, watch our inboxes and pray.... lol..

@Cantabile

I think it is experiencing the difficulties because of our too much check-up ...............lol................

As I said, since I got to know that "currently checking " is a good status, I keep visiting the page just to admire my status. May be the traffic has become too heavy with the heavy expectations in June ................lol

Today the person from Tsinghua computer department told me that they still have not received any updates from CSC committe and asked not to worry too much as it just a procedure in most cases. But i am still worried...

Anyway, fingers crossed.

• New Members

Hello ladies and gentlemen, My name is Yazan, I'm from Jordan and I applied for the Chinese Government Scholarship directly to Zhejiang University for the year 2016.
My application status is "Unverified"!!!! and it has been like this since the beginning....when I tried to email Zhejiang University staff they always reply that I should just wait for the results which will be announced in June and if I was selected then they will send me all the info I need in July which is another way of refusing to answer any concerns now it's like: "Stay quiet and let us do our job"!!!!

My concern is that my application number starts with the number "2015" cause I started filling the form pretty early and now I started to worry if this is OK or not? Anyone else has a 2015 application number??? does it have to be 2016?!? 

Thanks 

• New Members

Hey guys,

I totally forgot to apply for CSC this year. In Septemper 2016 I will go for two Semesters abroad in BIT in Beijing. Do you know if it's possible to apply for the second Semester there? Or maybe another possiblity to apply for a scholarship?

Thanks and best wishes,

Tekeyt

Hi everyone, first time poster here.

I applied for a one-semester exchange this fall at Tsinghua through the embassy here in the US back in April. I received my award letter and pre-admission letter from Tsinghua a while back, my laihua status is "currently checking",  and I am now just waiting for the final results like everyone else.

I am a tad bit worried though, as I emailed Tsinghua and they said that they hadn't yet received my application documents from CSC. I'm concerned that there may be a problem with my eligibility for the government scholarship, as I recently noticed that the scholarship is only offered at Tsinghua under "mathematics", and not "mathematics and applied mathematics", which is what I put down on my application. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I sent an inquiry to my embassy and am currently waiting for a reply.

I'm hoping this won't be too big an issue, as the embassy me specifically supported me for a study at Tsinghua, and I already sent the pre-admission letter. I also understand that CSC can make any changes to my application that they deem necessary. Besides, even if I am ineligible for study at Tsinghua, Beijing Forestry University, which is my number 2 school, specifically offers the scholarship for "mathematics and applied mathematics".

Looking forward to seeing everyone's results in the near future

to LanceGonza: I've never seen my application number in the past, not until I've received admission package. It is not stated anywhere on the documents or in the Laihua system. And do not worry about your status not changing, that's (regretfully) normal.

You can try contactin your embassy (if you are embassy applicant) or school through you've applied and ask them.

May I ask why do you need to know your application number? I personally believe it's useless for us to know as we cannot do anything with it.

• New Members

received word from my school this morning that I have been awarded the csc scholarship. Anyone else headed to Beijing Normal University?

Pnfha5,

yes,exactly the school. Not even a person in this forum has mention the school, university of science and technology of China, hefei. I geuss the school has few applicants this year.

Anyone news about the school? They aren't replying my mails.

I'm concerned that there may be a problem with my eligibility for the government scholarship, as I recently noticed that the scholarship is only offered at Tsinghua under "mathematics", and not "mathematics and applied mathematics", which is what I put down on my application. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Don't worry, CSC and Tsinghua will adjust it. I know a lot of people who even wrote non-existing majors, stuff like "Chinese", on their applications, still got the scholarship and the universities chose the most appropriate major for them. They will most definitely ignore such a small difference like adding "applied mathematics". Good luck!

• Like 1