Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

Hello everybody!

I contacted my university about CSC results (Zhejiang Normal University). They said that I am on the waiting list!

Did anybody receive ever the same reply? What does it mean? I think the chances to be admitted are so tiny,but the office said that the final results will be in July.

@Karina

Did you originally apply directly through the university or first through the Chinese Embassy in your home country?

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

@Carina

Please, keep faith and no fears. My reply is nothing conclusive. However, from my experience with Shanghai University, some Universities normally have two preliminary lists. Recommended list and supplementary list. I do not know exactly what those two imply. It may be that some people normally get recommended to CSC by the University and may not show up to take it up after CSC's approval, so to avoid wasting the slot, the University has a waiting list from where they could pick to replace. I am not sure of this anyway but I think it makes sense. Later on, I may post the list released by Shanghai University to show you an example. 

@Elijiah,around when did Fudan begin reviewing your application?

Does anyone know any source of help to know whether my application was submitted. My efforts to contact Fudan and the embassy have been futile

They began review of my application around April 30, 2016. Did you apply directly to Fudan or through the embassy in your country. I have a friend at ISO FUDAN and I could possibly get you any information.

They began review of my application around April 30, 2016. Did you apply directly to Fudan or through the embassy in your country? I have a friend at ISO FUDAN and I could possibly get you some information.

I spoke with my friend at ISO FUDAN yesterday because I needed to know the status of things since I am also still waiting for CSC approval. He said that they are still expecting information from CSC. CSC is supposed to check submissions from embassies and schools, then approve and send to preferred schools of various applicants if they fit into the academic programmes of the school. For example, even though I am aware that FUDAN university has fully accepted me, 

@LaszloBalogh

Sorry, a continuation: 

I must still wait for CSC's approval. FUDAN university is also waiting for CSC's approval and from my understanding of the procedures, they have no different news to give you now untill CSC communicates them. 

After hearing from CSC, if your notarised academic transcript reveals that you meet their admission requirements and there is space for you, they will initiate admission process and inform you immediately, subsequently, they will send you the VISA application documents and admission letter informing you of when you are expected in China.

However, if you don't fit into their requirements, they will revert your materials back to CSC and CSC will forward them to a school that they will want to place probably one out of the other two preferences or any other University that is suited for your study preference.

Their registration portal will open in the last week of August and lectures begin on Sept. 1.

Hey guys, I need some help, please.

My status changed to this:

申请进度:“奖学金资格评审中”- 退回院校

(意见:申请者汉语水平达不到目前一学年奖学金全球竞争的资助条件,请退回孔院,建议调整奖学金类别 )

I think this says that because of my hsk score I can not get the one year scholarship and that I can apply for a six month scholarship or apply the next year, am I right?

Because I want to apply next year again, but I wanted to know if by this status hanban is telling me that I have to accept the six month scholarship. I'm scared of applying next year and being rejected because not accepting the six month scholarship.

Please,help meee :(

Hello, so like many here I have been reading this forum for a long time  and until today I decided to share my experience.. 

this is my situation: I applied through the Embassy of China in Mexico in march and I was preselected for the scholarship on April. I also applied to another CSC Scholarship,  through the Economic and commercial department of the Embassy and I was also recommended by them...

So I have two applications, two recommendations  and acceptance letters from the universities (I chose different universities for both applications, just Fudan is twice).

throug