Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

Congratulations to everyone who had gotten in already! Have they already sent visa info, or at least information about when you would be able to enter the country? Really hoping to buy my plane tickets soon - the cheapest ticket is now a 22hour one way ticket for $597, while it was $450 and 14 hours last I checked!

I'm afraid the anxiety is beginning to eat away at me - the adviser I corresponded with at the Chinese uni seems to have disappeared.  :wall

Tickets from LA to Beijing don't seem too bad at the moment. Around $400 for a one stop flight (I'd get the one from LA > Seattle > Beijing) and around $550 for a non-stop flight from LA to Beijing. Hoping prices don't change too much. I think I'd probably prefer to pay more for the non-stop flight just to avoid having to go through the whole boarding process twice.

Guys, this is the time we start to talk about the journey as more good news are coming in.

Congrats to u guys once again, i will share my own news with you soon.

Angel_touch,

310-420k, (sometimes i wonder what i do in school),its a lot of money. Which airline will be okay?

likely 17hrs journey, #yawning menh.

@charis,

How did you get to know the Nigerian ECCO doesn't collect application? you might have a point.

Willie and dapo, were able to get there application to the ECCO,and twas accepted which seems positive and they are much optimist like others.

Willie and dapo, did you receive any info after the acceptance at the ECCO?

I will like to know more about this MoFcom application in 9ja.

I must say you guys have been helpful.

@Igzhbt

Nope no information from ECCO after acceptance.

I have even sent mail to them so I could get the status of the application but ECCO didnot respond.

Better to be patient till August.

@not89

Wow!!!!!!!............CONGRATULATIONS @ not89

not89  joins the list of awarded candidates. Congratulations to you!! not89 is also to study at Tsinghua under CSC Scholarship.

It seems its time for the Tsinghuans to rejoice.

We share in your joy as we expect ours.

Let it flow, I haven't lost count yet. Better news expected!!!

1. Economicactivist

2. Chris Two Times

3. Antsa

4. leemakosa

5. Sula

6. not89

@Elijah please can u do me a favor by helping confirm if the ECCO of the chinese embassy in Nigeria have sent MOFCOM applications to CSC cos i called the ISO at Harbin institute of technology and the lady told me that they've not gotten the application at all. And can we talk off the forum. Here's my number 08131005958

Hey guys, I've applied for the EU Window scholarship and my status is still "already submitted." Is it game over for me? I had a very strong application but it might have had some bureaucratic mistakes. I've been looking at posts from previous years and I didn't find any people nominated the scholarship with their status still stuck at "already submitted..." 

So is it a fact that some people got the scholarship with their status being "already submitted"? Thanks. I need some sort of hope to hold on to haha

@Dapo,

So sorry to tell you that I have had no contacts with ECCO at all because I did not apply through them. I am more vast with CSC issues. The lady at ISO is completely correct. For those applying through other chanells other than a University, the process is a little slower. You will get to know of a certainty possibly towards end of July or it could be earlier. I have noted your number, I hope to reach you soon.

@leemakosa

Well the rule of thumb is the earlier you buy it (couple months b4) the cheaper it is, except if you find some very last minute ticket, but it always depends on a lot of factor i.e. where you found the ticket/bought it. I mean when I searched a flight from Hungary to Beijing (round trip, at the end of August, return flight the last possible dates around next spring) it was around 700$, but on another site, just a one-way ticket cost the same or more.

Anyways if you are sure to get the scholarship, you should start looking for a good flight. I know I will do the same as soon as I'm sure.

But on the other hand flight reschedule could be a hassle or problematic at least with added costs.

I would agree with adam. I checked prices several months ago (when I thought they would be getting back to me before May - those naive days of youth!) and it was quite a bit cheaper than it is now. Prices for late-August are still quite low, so I hope to nab a ticket before they start to go up.

@MOFCOM Applicants from Nigeria

Dear friends, this is my take on this. If you have followed the 'Instructions of the CSC Online Application System for MOFCOM Scholarship' as given on http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina/scholarshipdetailen.aspx?cid=97&id=4849, you must now relax whether you have heard from them or not. There was no where they promised to communicate with you before ending of August. 

I think the complication is coming in as we keep hearing of other agencies communicating with their people. Also, the process excludes the FSB and Nigerian factor completely. If they have enough slots in Nigeria, I think all of you will receive your admission and VISA application documents in 1 month and a half. Your process is better than applying for CSC through the Chinese embassy in Nigeria because you must pass through the uneven sieves at FSB.

Please relax and lets see what comes out of this.

This was the antidote that helped me. I got very busy with my work here and kept reminding myself that the age limit is 45 yrs and if it doesn't happen now then later. I did that last year and my application did not go as far as it has this year. I am on the final stage as many colleagues here.

However, last year, I got a partial scholarship that was to pay my complete tuition fee but with no stipends.

I turned down the offer because the sweetness of the scholarship is known when it is absolutely free and with stipends......lol.....

Is it not so???????????? No be so?????

• Like 1

@Rytis95

I applied for EU Window program too and my current status is "currently checking" from the beginning of May, but I don't know whether it is a positive sign or not since everybody has different experiences with CGS. So let's wait and hope for the best :) Anyway which university did you choose ?

Hey guys! Has anyone ever heard of credits from a school in the U.S. transferring to a university in China? I would like to finish my bachelors and recently obtained my associates. It would be nice if I only have to study for two more years there with the scholarship. Thank you!