Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

@Adedapo

There's only one ECC in Nigeria. Mr Li.

Don't recall his surname now, and his office in in the chinese embassy in Abuja.

@all

The key thing is this- before you send your docs to any office, please try to get some positive feedbacks/signals from that office.

If you applied for MOFCOM scholarship in Nigeria, stay in faith. Anything can happen outside the usual.

By the way, I didn't apply for the MOFCOM scholarship.

So I'd like all your opinions on something real quick, if you don't mind ^^

If I'm accepted for the undergraduate CSC scholarship then my 2 years of community college credit will not transfer. Do you all think it's worth accepting if I have to study for all 4 years again?

@Brendin

Well honestly I am in the same situation but I don't know yet whether I am selected or not because the admitted list is coming out around July 15. Anyway I would really like to quit my university career here in my home country to start again but that's my personal opinion and point of view also due to the high cost of university in my country and the low education level especially in my city. However this is a crucial decision and it depends on your expectations and future plans. Anyway if I were you I would accept the CSC scholarship :)

@brendin in fact im doing the same exact thing i finished my 2nd year couple weeks ago however it depends on your degree in china you have to study extra hard but if u do it good itll be worth it for me because i am studying medicine i gotta double study so i can pass USMLE when i come back so vs staying in usa and paying 300 thousand dollars which i dont have. I was told i have been accepted to the university and obtained the scholarship however my documents are in beijing for evaluation so if i get accepted itll be wicked!!!

I am happy to say that my wait is finally over. Received my documents today. Now I just need to get my visa and plane ticket.

I'm sure everyone else will be hearing good news soon. Best wishes to everyone.

• Like 1

@Brendin

I think that probably depends on what country you live in. If I was in your situation, I'd transfer to a university here in California where the community college credits are accepted.

Personally, I would not go to China and start all over because it kind of seems like a waste. If I really wanted to study in China it'd be as a language student for a year or something, then go back home and transfer to a university that would accept the community college credits. I'd also rather receive my BA from a university I know will be recognized as accredited at home. Unless you're planning on staying in China and working there I guess.

Thank you for your responses everyone! I would personally like to live in Japan in the future, but enjoyed my visits to China. I live in a rural Carolina area, so a big city in China seems like a fun alternative. My location is boring but affordable, so I'll have to think further Hopefully I'll have my answer once I get some news.

I emailed my school of choice about 2 weeks ago and they finally replied back yesterday. They said they finally got the money (I suppose from the government) and now are processing the paperwork for scholarship students to send out. I applied through the embassy in my country (USA) though, so still up to CSC if they want to give me the scholarship again. Gives me more hope the day is coming much closer now!

Hello everyone,

I just called Ocean University of China (OUC). Due to the fact that I asked to have my major taught in Chinese (Business Management), the teachers in the department feared that I wouldn't be proficient enough (even after 2 years of preparatory classes..) so they have refused to instruct me.

Consequently, I have been refused from OUC. However, I'm still praying that somehow, one University will accept my application... otherwise, I will have to start my learning years with the Confucius Institute.

@dvs I applied through the embassy for MBBS but idk what MOFCOM is anyway but up to now I have no idea whether we had our applications sent. It's sad waiting in something you are not sure of

Hi guys i sent a mail to shandong university asking them if they got my application for MOFCOM scholarship sent through the ECCO in my home country. They first replied with an AUTOREPLY and later with a real reply within a day informing me that the final result will be out by july 10th and that i check their website and my email. Does that mean that they got my documents. Thanks

• New Members

Hey guys I have a very important question and I hope that some of you can answer it.

I'm from Jordan but currently living and studying in South Korea, I applied directly to Zhejiang University and I used my Korean address when filling the application forms but now I'm wondering, in case I was accepted for the scholarship, can I apply to get my visa from the Chinese embassy in Seoul or should I apply in my home country (Jordan)? Does any of you know if it is possible or not to apply for the visa in a third country  (not China or home country)?