Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

@aymen, sorry to hear that. I'm in a similar position. I've been sent my admission documents from Tsinghua by email and the admission notice said that I'm a self-funded student.

I applied for CSC through the local embassy and I've emailed to ask about my CSC application results. But they haven't responded. Does anybody knows if this means that it's a no go? I've not been successful for CSC? I'm still holding a very small hope that I may be successful through the embassy even if the university hasn't given an indication...

@trocadero

What was your overall status before this? 

- Did your laihua status change?

- Did you receive a Preadmission letter from Tsinghua? 

- Did you receive an award letter from the embassy? 

@williamcarey

- my laihua status never changed, it's still "application form has already been submitted"

- I received a preadmission letter from Tsinghua, which was forwarded to my embassy

- I haven't received an award letter from the embassy but I'm not sure if we do that in NZ as our pool of applicants is smaller

I don't have high hopes but holding out for a miracle. I think I'll still go study at Tsinghua even if I don't get CSC.

@aymen

the list published by universities are usually those who are successful THROUGH THE CUP program (or those who applied through the university, not the embassy). I am guessing you applied through your embassy? if so, you have nothing to worry about. Embassy results are really expected to be out on July, it is too early for embassy applicants to receive a confirmatory result a.k.a. receive the hard co[pies of the official admission package 

@trocadero

is that so. hmm, the best thing to do in your case I think is to get in touch with embassy officials and the CSC officials. they can provide you with a clearer answer with regards to the current status of your application. 

I applied through the university... Because when I called them a few months ago the woman sounded super positive and said I had more chances to apply through them regarding quotas.

Still can't believe it...

@Breaknet

This happened to friend of mine few years ago. He applied for a degree study in Chinese language with one year preparatory language class, but his application was declined as he was not accepted into the degree program. So it seems it might be common practice...

@trocadero

Did you apply directly to Tsinghua through their online application portal? I almost ended up doing this and got as far as sending some application documents directly to them, but in the end I emailed them asking to only be considered for admission through the Chinese Government Scholarship, not as a self-funded student. My guess is that, if you did this and payed the application fee, then you were accepted for regular admission by Tsinghua.

There still may be hope for you, as Tsinghua might not have received your CSC documents yet, in which case you could still possibly be considered for the scholarship once those documents get to them. Just my thoughts on the matter.

Admin Message:

Some of you are complaining about the number of email notifications you're getting from this (now very busy) topic. To manage these....

There is a follow / unfollow button up at the top right of the page, below the header.

You can set your notification options here

And choose what content you follow here

Anyone with an @interia.pl email account - I've had to cancel all your followed content as notifications are being rejected.

• Like 1

Guys am sorry for asking this but I would like to know the difference in how to apply for the scholarship between embassy recommended and University direct?? I mean if I am applying direct to uni how do I go about it.. Thank you.. also someone feel free to send me a copy of what a notarised document looks like. Thanks and sorry again

Hey guys, I'm actually doing a phone marathon right now.

First of all, the reason why my application has hit the fan is the following one: I mistranslated Administrative Management into Management Science. I know that for some academic systems, this might seem a heresy, but here in Canada, we always talk about ''Management Science'' in broad terms.Oh, and due to the fact that I have no mathematics background, I have been rejected by my 3 universities.

However, I have just received a life-saver email from Northeastern University (Shenyang).  The lady kindly explained to me what kind of mistakes has made my application failed previously and she said that she could register me under another major (my bachelor is international relations so she offered either international law or administrative business). Of course, I will try to see if I can change the major written on my application and send it back to my first-choice university (中国海洋大学). Stay tuned guys, after me, everybody will be more knowledgeable about the whole CSC process.