Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

salut a tous;

congrats to every one who got the scholarship (felicitation a tous le monde) 

i got a response on 13 june for my email that i send to nuist (the university) from admission officer, she told me that my application was successful, and that she is making the admission documents for every successful candidate, and these documents will be sent to their Ministry of Education for stamp. and that It will takes a period of time to reach us.

i guess that i won the scholarship !?

I did receive an email from the Chinese Embassy in Washington, DC dated Friday, July 15th.

I take it as a good sign but it is a strange email. For starters, I was amused that it was an email that was sent to more than 50 people and it wasn't bcc'ed so I can see everyone's names and email addresses! Well, the salutation wasn't addressed to me but to the people of the first three email addresses on the list only (EDITED: actually I looked at it again and it appears that I am included in the salutation. It states "Dear Chinese Government Scholarship Candidates" and then three names of representatives at institutions that will receive scholarship winner name lists). My email address is near the bottom third of the list.

I read the following in the first two paragraphs of the email:

Thank you very much for your participation and patience for our Chinese Government Scholarship Program this year. We are expecting to receive the results for China Scholarship Council in July. We will let you know as soon as we have them.

According to our past experiences, we will need to send certain paper documents to each scholarship winner in order for them to submit as visa application material. Therefore, I am writing to ask each of you provide me with a mail address and phone number(s) in the following format, using myself as an example:

So, it seems that perhaps I am a step closer. In past years being asked to email and confirm mailing addresses and phone numbers was a good sign as it meant that documents (JW 201/202?) will soon be on their way.

I feel good about things and am calm and patient still. I mentioned before that I am facing the usual burden of finishing my tenure at a workplace and emptying an apartment and moving out. Usually these things are tedious and stressful, but I welcome them this year because they have kept my mind off of this waiting game.

Folks! The sands in the hourglass are indeed running out. The time will soon come--as with all things, only a matter of time now.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

Edited by Chris Two Times

@MissLuLu

I too am from Ohio.

That would be really awful if they waited until the 28th to send us our documents. I emailed my school that's told me I've won the scholarship and asked about registration dates and moving in. I'd like to buy a plane ticket soon. How is the visa going to work if they wait that long? It seems very unfair and scary if it's that long it'll become a rat race trying to get all of our things together before our departure. Chris are you already in China? I'm still in the US, if they waited that long to tell us the results would I have time to get my visa?
 Thank you

@hannafit

I agree with MissLuLu, make plans NOW on how you will proceed to procure (oh! alliteration!) the visa, whether it be applying directly with the Embassy (you said you are in/near DC?) or using an agency. As long as you move as soon as you get the documents, the turnaround on that shouldn't be problematic.

As I am from Ohio, I will head to the Chinese Consulate for the consular district Ohio is in--in New York City (I lived in the NYC for 3 years and have friends there, so a Consulate visa run would coincide nicely with a visit). In the past I have shown up first thing Monday morning at the Consulate and had visa in hand first thing Thursday morning. Again, I am already planning my steps on how to do this so I can then proceed swiftly and ... hopefully painlessly.

Even if we don't get our documents until the end of July, I imagine that we could nail this down during the first week of August--plenty of time before heading off to China at the end of August/beginning of September.

Indeed, I am currently in Beijing finishing up my work of two years. This works for me because I will leave most of my stuff here with a friend. I will leave Beijing on July 21st and plan to be back around September 1.

@TyO

I have not bought a plane ticket yet, but I will do so within the next week. I will be in Beijing in September, scholarship or not, so when to get the plane ticket hasn't been an issue for me. I am just procrastinating and being lazy with it, lol. I know, I know--time is money.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

• New Members

Hi guys. I am a bit worried. My CSC online status have not changed. still showing already submitted. Does it mean they are not reviewing my documents or that the embassy did not forward it? I applied for mofcom

@Chris Two Times

Got the email as well! Seems like the embassy may be more on top of things and it just hinges on how fast the csc gets them the documents.

I'm feeling better about it as well, but of course that email still seems a bit ambiguous to me. Not a 100% confirmation but it's something

• Like 1

@abou

Oh yes bro!!!

Adding people on this list is my most recent hobby. Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will do it right away. Congratulations... though you have not sounded so absolute but I noted that you have got a positive response and all will be surer as your documents arrive. Surely, your documents shall meet you well on arrival. Congrats once again.

I am enjoying this new hobby. Please let the embassies be faster. Our list needs to grow more steadily. Please lets congratulate our friend abou as he gets on the list.

1. Economicactivist

2. Chris Two Times

3. Antsa

4. leemakosa

5. Sula

6. not89

7. samrat

8. Hanafit

9. Paraprove

10. Tomzuklin

11. josesierrag

12. Jude

13. Kristin

14. yano-chin

15. Rebel

16. Abednego

17. Alex_Hart

18. Jpl

19. igzhbt

20. Angelica zar

21. Malte_goes_China

22. yaozilan

23. ELIJAH

24. Adonaiserver

25. Simpleasy

26. abou

• Like 2

@abou

On the health form, eye test was not one of the items listed. Also, myopia is basically gene-linked and it is not contagious. I think they only bother about health situations that could be potentially deleterious to their citizens.

The myopia will not stand in your way. Cheers bro!

@Cantabile - if your ECG has expired you will need to re-do it.

@Josesierrag - many do it in China and most schools will help students get an appointment. Some very organized schools even book a specific time for the nurses to come to the university for foreign students to complete their physical examinations.

Congratulations Elijah! It is great to see you receive the scholarship since you have been so enthusiastic in updating the list and helping others. I'm very happy for you to receive it this year.

I feel very calm waiting for my own results, I have done my best and now can only pray for success.

Congratulations Elijah and others who got the scholarship.

My physical examination will be expired by the time I arrive there so I'll do mine 2weeks before I leave for China. That should safe me some money.