Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

I applied for a 1 year language program too. The first election was Hainan University (海南大学).

That's awesome! Are you waiting to hear the results of where the CSC will send you??

@LanceGonza

Why wouldn't there be any hope left? Embassy results will be released mid to late July, depending on your embassy. At least that's how I understand it ;)

The problem here is that as an embassy applicant with status already submitted I don't know for sure if my application was sent

@hannafit While many of us are applying for BAs, MAs or PhDs, I believe most people seem to also be applying for a 1 year language program before that. And 6 hours is good! I don't think I've managed 6 hours in the past month. The shame is great... I will have to give myself a kick in the rear and get back to studying, but the weather is just so beautiful! 

Congrats to those who have recently been accepted! Suzhou is supposed to be an awesome city, simple! I was strongly considering it, hope to visit one weekend as I think it's only a 2 hour bus ride from Hangzhou. I just had three friends come back from a semester there and they all said it was a really beautiful city.

Hello other embassy applicants, for what it's worth, I kinda gave up hope a few weeks ago when Tsinghua sent me my admission package stating that I'm a self-funded student and my local embassy hasn't replied to any of my emails.

Then today, the education secretary from my local embassy emailed to say that the review committee is STILL going through applications and that he will let me know of the results when they are available.

So there's still hope? At least I haven't gotten an outright rejection yet.

Hang in there!  :roll:

@Rebel

Wowwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS my bro, this is the kind of waiting we are looking forward to for all of us. We shall all wait successfully. Sorry, I got so busy with work in the office that I left attending to the family discussions (CSC Forums)

@ Abednego

LET’S CELEBRATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Much joys bro. Go to China, make the best of the opportunity, become all you can be.

@melisalaine

Keep hope alive. What will it profit you to give up hope. It does no harm to keep hoping at least until time expires. As long as time is on, hope is the last thing to be lost. Cheer up 

I was selected as a candidate by the Canadian embassy and got a pre-admission letter to Sichuan University. When I asked Sichuan about the scholarship they said the scholarship wasn't 'successfully approved' by the university. I still haven't heard from the embassy yet. Should I give up all hope?

CONGRATULATIONS LIST

Dear all, Rebel and Abednego have lengthened list our further

1. Economicactivist

2. Chris Two Times

3. Antsa

4. leemakosa

5. Sula

6. not89

7. samrat

8. Hanafit

9. Paraprove

10.Tomzuklin

11.josesierrag

12. Jude

13. Kristin

14.yano-chin

15. Rebel

16. Abednego

• Like 1

That's awesome! Are you waiting to hear the results of where the CSC will send you??

The university has already told me I have won the scholarship. I must wait now that the embassy tells me that officially.

Where do you want to go?

I too have applied directly through the Chinese Embassy in Washington, DC and am waiting for an official notification. Last year those notifications only came out on July 28th so I am still waiting patiently. I just realized that July 14th is around the corner, which of course would be two weeks before July 28th.

I am too preoccupied with other things at the moment (completing my work and emptying an apartment) to focus on these crickets chirping in my inbox.

I did visit the Tsinghua (my #1 choice for one year of language study) office for international students on July 1st. The office official, Zhou Laoshi (Zhou Xing), already knew who I am and I am in her computer. I was told to complete my online application for Tsinghua on June 20th so I delivered the printed-out app. in person on that July 1st, but when I handed it to her she said she didn't need it and has everything for me and to now just sit tight and wait for the Embassy's word. She said it cheerfully and positively. :lol:

I left her office with a good feeling. We shall see.

Hang in there everybody, especially Embassy applicants--we find out after direct-university applicants do, and as we can see, they are finding out now. Our moment will come soon enough.

Chris Two Times

• Like 1

@ml14229, re: 1/2 year language versus full year 

You definitely need to get in touch with the school you would be attending and ask. While 1/2 year of language might be available per the website, that could be used by self-funded students, Conf. Schol. students, etc. While it ~potentially might~ be possible to switch, from what I have heard a lot of schools just don't like doing that extra paperwork and will just tell a student 'No' instead. Definitely contact them. 

Hello @Chris,

I applied through the OAS, and when I filled the application of CSC , all the OAS applicants should fill it with the AGENCY NO’ is 8401, which is the Education Office of the Chinese Embassy in Washington, D.C. So I supposed I have to see any results in Chinese Embassy of Wash. website?...and you just said last year you wait till july 28th, that's two more weeks of waiting, although the university of Renmin also told me this on june 27th:

We received your application for scholarship from China scholarship Council, which means you have more than 80% of chance to be granted full scholarship.

Anyway, the final decision has not been made by CSC yet, so theorerically you might still can not be granted scholarship.

However, although this is unofficial news and you can not tell it to any institution, I personally still think you can prepare your study in China, the CSC will send you another admission package for scholarship student rather than self support student including visa, accommodation etc, just wait and use the new one.

Hey everyone,

So today I received my CSC scholarship acceptance letter from Beijing Foreign Studies University, which was completely unexpected as I’ve also been awarded the Confucius Institute scholarship, whose offer letter arrived last Friday. I was under the impression that as soon as you get one scholarship, any other ones you’ve applied to are automatically cancelled? (guess not)

Anyway, yesterday I went to the Chinese embassy to apply for a visa, based on my CI scholarship offer letter. However, after receiving the CSC scholarship offer letter today, I went straight back to the embassy and asked if it was okay to replace the CI scholarship offer letter with the one from CSC. The lady there said it was okay, as my documents had not been processed yet, so I guess I got there just in time.

My question now is, since I’ve been awarded two scholarships (and I know I can only accept one), how do I proceed in order to officially reject/cancel the Confucius Institute scholarship? Do I have to notify Hanban, my CI and BFSU? Also, as I’m rejecting the CI scholarship, does that mean I will never be able to apply for it again?

I hope this won’t cause any sort of clash, as both scholarships are for one year of Chinese language study at the exact same university (BFSU), so I really don’t want to get into any trouble when I get to China.

Cheers!

@Josesierrag great job!!! Zhejiang University, my first choice, told me that I have been accepted with full scholarship, and to wait for the CSC to send me my documents!! Wish they would do that soon!!

CONGRATULATIONS LIST

Dear all, Rebel and Abednego have lengthened list our further

1. Economicactivist

2. Chris Two Times

3. Antsa

4. leemakosa

5. Sula

6. not89

7. samrat

8. Hanafit

9. Paraprove

10.Tomzuklin

11.josesierrag

12. Jude

13. Kristin

14.yano-chin

15. Rebel

16. Abednego

I believe Alex_Hart should be on the list too, he has also won a scholarship :)

• Like 1

@hannafit While many of us are applying for BAs, MAs or PhDs, I believe most people seem to also be applying for a 1 year language program before that. And 6 hours is good! I don't think I've managed 6 hours in the past month. The shame is great... I will have to give myself a kick in the rear and get back to studying, but the weather is just so beautiful!

Congrats to those who have recently been accepted! Suzhou is supposed to be an awesome city, simple! I was strongly considering it, hope to visit one weekend as I think it's only a 2 hour bus ride from Hangzhou. I just had three friends come back from a semester there and they all said it was a really beautiful city.

Aw thank you..I definitely have to keep at it. Yesterday was a good day, I woke up with Chinese just pouring out of my mouth. I spoke Chinese to my horse (你喜欢不喜欢苹果??)..my mom...blasted all my friends on snapchat with Chinese :'D I've actually dreamed in Chinese many times. Have you ever done that?? It's exciting for me to practice speaking because I enjoy it so much..but I definitely get that it's hard to give up the weather and stay indoors, especially I am always out at the barn, the lake or the gym. Sometimes however I need to rest from all the working out and just stay in so I use that time to study :P I also probably would have been working this summer but since I knew I would be going to China I didn't want to start something and have to end it so quickly..

• Like 1

josesierrag - not sure. I've always paid in cash and because my scholarship is a bilateral one, m gvernment also helps cover huge medical expenses if the student requires surgery and so on. So you might also want to look into what your governement offers, as you have also applied for the bilateral scholarship.