Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

JPL - I rejected the CSC for the CIS a few years ago. I informed my embassy (as they are the agency), but I found out later that they didn't even bother informing CSC nor the accepting university. After a language year on the CIS I applied for the CSC scholarship again, and had no issues whatsoever. The only issue might be with the accepting university. If it's the same whether you're on the CIS or the CSC then it should be fine. But if you are rejecting a university and chosing another one, they may not enrol you in the future especially if you do not explain the situation to them.

UPDATES

Dear all, Alex_Hart and Jpl are hereby listed as winners of CSC on the forums

1. Economicactivist

2. Chris Two Times

3. Antsa

4. leemakosa

5. Sula

6. not89

7. samrat

8. Hanafit

9. Paraprove

10.Tomzuklin

11.josesierrag

12. Jude

13. Kristin

14.yano-chin

15. Rebel

16. Abednego

17. Alex_Hart

18. Jpl

@Abou

Except Chris-Two-Times, all other persons on the list have already been contacted and informed that they have won the CSC scholarship. Chris got on the list because he was already in China and at a time wrote with a great level of confidence and I understood it as approved and being one of our administrators, we had to leave his name on the list.

@Hanafit

Sure, it was an omission. We are including it immediately alongside newly announced winners. Thank you for the observation.

@Jpl

Congratulations indeed. I think you have done well by choosing what you think is best for you now… CSC instead of Confucius Institute Scholarship. There are too many opportunities for career and all forms of development. If one says you can’t get me again. You leave such and go for others because you are a star and you will just have to shine. No shaking!!!!!!!!! I rejoice with you.

Last year they notified the scholarship recipients here on the 28th. Looks like the 28th it is for me! 

Woo-hoo for last minute planning and stuff!

guys!! It happened!!! my university published the list Winners of CSC Scholarship 2016 and my application number is also in it! I can't  believe! I'm HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

guys!! It happened!!! my university published the list Winners of CSC Scholarship 2016 and my application number is also in it! I can't believe! I'm HAPPY!!!!

Congratulations!!

• Like 2

@angelica zar

Congratulations!

Results are coming out and I hope most of us here will get the scholarship.

Yesterday Jilin University staff sent out documents to the winners, although no announcement has yet been published on their website.

• Like 1

@sofi1

I am just going by last year: word from the Chinese Embassy in Washington, DC about scholarship recipients didn't come out until July 28th. We are hoping that that word comes out earlier this year. Based on last year's precedent, I am prepared to wait two more weeks, but I hope we don't have to do so.

Chris Two Times

• Like 1

Baba don do am ooooooooo.

I have also received a mail that I have been awarded the CGS in USTC hefei. I replied the mail to show I have accepted the scholarship. So what's next?

@Elijah,Include my name in the list (no 19).

This is the time for ALL OF US.

1) What is your native country? Russia 
2) Where did you apply? to the university directly 
3) When did you apply? the beginning of March 
4) When was the deadline? March, 25
5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? no 
6) What program did you apply for? University program, Masters degree (English taught)
7) What schools did you put for your preferences? only BEIHANG University (BUAA)
8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? no 
9) What agency number did you use? 10006
10) Where did you get your physical done? local hospital 
11) How did you get your documents notarized? by international office at my university 
12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? yes
13) How were you notified? a notice on the university's website

14) When were you accepted/rejected? July, 12
15) What school and program were you accepted to? Masters programme Civil Engineering, BEIHANG University (BUAA)

• Like 1

@igzhbt

I don put am bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats again and again. I join in your joy. The thing is flowing now

@ Angelica zar

Wao Wao Wao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Angelica!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is exciting to hear of your joy. I congratulate you with much joy.

• Like 1

CSC SCHOLARSHIP UNPLUGGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is now flowing in with higher pressures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two more inclusions. 

1. Economicactivist

2. Chris Two Times

3. Antsa

4. leemakosa

5. Sula

6. not89

7. samrat

8. Hanafit

9. Paraprove

10. Tomzuklin

11. josesierrag

12. Jude

13. Kristin

14. yano-chin

15. Rebel

16. Abednego

17. Alex_Hart

18. Jpl

19. igzhbt

20. Angelica zar

• Like 1

@sofi1

I am just going by last year: word from the Chinese Embassy in Washington, DC about scholarship recipients didn't come out until July 28th. We are hoping that that word comes out earlier this year. Based on last year's precedent, I am prepared to wait two more weeks, but I hope we don't have to do so.

Chris Two Times

That would be really awful if they waited until the 28th to send us our documents..I emailed my school that's told me I've won the scholarship and asked about registration dates and moving in. I'd like to buy a plane ticket soon. How is the visa going to work if they wait that long? It seems very unfair and scary if it's that long it'll become a rat race trying to get all of our things together before our departure. Chris are you already in China? I'm still in the US, if they waited that long to tell us the results would I have time to get my visa?

Thank you!

@ParisParis

Not necessarily. The results will be published "around mid-July", which can mean a lot. Let's just hope they will be published this Friday, but I wouldn't be surprised if they let you wait another week. 

1) What is your native country? Germany
2) Where did you apply? to the university directly 
3) When did you apply? middle of March 
4) When was the deadline? end of March
5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? no 
6) What program did you apply for? University program, Masters degree MIB
7) What schools did you put for your preferences? only Shanghai University of Finance and Economics
8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? no 
9) What agency number did you use? n/a 
10) Where did you get your physical done? local family doctor
11) How did you get your documents notarized? by the local court
12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? yes
13) How were you notified? a notice by email from the university

14) When were you accepted/rejected? End of June
15) What school and program were you accepted to? Masters programme in International Business, Shanghai University of Finance and Economics

Guys anyone else from SUFE? or in Shanghai?

• Like 1