Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

@horlajide

No bro, sorry I do not have any information about Dalian University of Science and Technology. However, I will say to you, if you have hope, nourish it daily because you shall finally laugh. If you have no hope, cultivate hope now and get busy with other things. I did so prayerfully and it worked like miracle.

@ BENDEE

At CSC Forums, we are family and a son does not abandon the family because he has got what the family promised to give him. I will hope to be on with updating the list until the thread is officially wound up by the administrators. 

@ Rebel

Thanks a lot bro

@Antsa

Hahahahahahahahahaha thanks a lot. The list is our list not ELIJAH's list. I appreciate.

@ LanceGonza

This is the one I saw ( I don't know whether Undergraduate CSC candidates are on that list. You shall surely smile.

@ Adedapo

Thanks so much for also calling me to register your joy. I appreciate your sacrifices.

@Angels_touch

Thanks for your call also. I appreciate strongly

@Josessierag

I appreciate so heavily

@dvsbuk

I am full of gratitude bro. Wait on, HOPE MAKETH NOT ASHAMED!!!

I am powerfully grateful

FINALLY @ Chris Two Times

I appreciate you once again

• Like 1

@haerviu I also put BLCU as my first choice, but I'm not going for an undergrad degree. I'm only going to do a year of Chinese Language study. I e-mailed them and they told me that they were not allowed to tell students the results direclty and that I needed to ask the agency where i handed in my documents i.e the embassy in my country (Colombia). Did you apply through the embassy in your country? If so, I guess you'll have to wait for the embassy's notice too. The waiting is killing me!! 

@ELIJAH   Congratulations!! I have been following this forum for a while now and I am really happy that all your waiting was worth it. Your posts have given me a lot of pacience to keep on waiting myself. I wish you the best of luck in your studies!

Just got my JW201 in the mail (US) the other day, so that's a relief! Now I just have to stress about putting literally my entire life into storage boxes. 

@horlajide - You said Dalian University of Science and Technology? Do you mean 大连理工大学? I did a language year there a year ago, so if you have any questions - pertaining more to what's the campus like and not the 'did I get it' type questions, since I don't have the latter information, I would be happy to answer them. In and of itself, Dalian is a lovely place, considered one of the "most livable" places in China, so you should have a good time! 

Sorry for the double post, guys! 

This just occurred to me - for everyone traveling to China, I would recommend putting an extra set of clothes (or at least underwear) in your carry-on. Last time I went through Beijing they "lost" my luggage and I was stuck with the same smelly clothes for three days in the middle of China summer - not fun. Just as a precautionary! 

Yeah i've gotten it done already, but this was back in January which means the reports will probably be expired (CSC says they're only valid for 6 months). I have had my doctor just fill out a new form and date it. 

When we arrive in China do they ask for all the reports as well or just the FPE form?

@Cantabile

I am not experienced in this but I remember, though quite vaguely, that I read on some thread on this forum that they do not require to see those raw results. They just focus on the general report presented on the form as long as it is duly signed and stamped appropriately. I also read about something they call 'confirmation or validation'. I don't remember whether that is the right name. I hope to ask a friend who is now in the second year of doctoral studies in China. What I get I will post.

As for me, I plan to get a fresh one since the one I did before has a date that is already older than 6 months. I will also hold anything that will make me have no problems as far as possible.

@ ELIJAH

Haha yeah I'm just trying to avoid any problems that could arise. I just had my doctor copy the results from the first form and sign and date it so that it's valid for another six months. Hopefully that will be enough! 

Yeah I might try, my insurance only let's me do one physical a year though. 

Worst case scenario is I have to retake the blood tests again when I get over there. Which I hear many schools make you do even if you have a valid blood report.

If you'll have to pay out of pocket for the physical then I wouldn't bother. A month before I went to Dalian I had mine done, but it didn't matter AT ALL because they made EVERYONE redo a "Chinese-style" physical when they got there. I would not waste your time/money now. 

So people still waiting for the embassy...have you already booked your flight? I had to book my flight home back to America so I just did a round trip and will return to China on the 26th in BJ. I hope that's early enough...and if I'm not in Beijing I can just fly to whatever city I got from there

@trocadero

Thank you very much for your very kind words and good wishes to all that are still waiting. My joy knows no bounds actually and I hope as it overflows its bounds, everyone will find their joy full also.

• Like 1

• New Members

Long time lurker, first time poster. My thanks to all those who have contributed their insight and knowledge to this forum, it made the entire process that much more bearable. To all of those still waiting to hear back, please remain encouraged. God bless

1) What is your native country? United States
2) Where did you apply? Nankai University 
3) When did you apply? January 
4) When was the deadline? March, 30th
5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? no 
6) What program did you apply for? Chinese Government Scholarship: University Program
7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Nankai University 2. Peking University 3. Tsinghua University
8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? yes
9) What agency number did you use? 10055
10) Where did you get your physical done? local hospital 
11) How did you get your documents notarized? Purchased relevant documents from my university
12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? yes
13) How were you notified? Had to contact the school by phone to confirm my status; received an email

14) When were you accepted/rejected? July 14th
15) What school and program were you accepted to? Nankai University: Master's Program in International Relations (Chinese-taught)

@yaozilan: Congrats! We might be classmates, though I won't be undertaking the language school program. 

• Like 1