Chinese-Forums

2017 CSC Scholarships

Angelina

I wanted to ask  questions regarding the Chinese government scholarship. Is it necessary to follow up with the three universities one has put down as their choice ,to confirm whether their application has  been received ,accepted or rejected?

And do all the universities communicate with the applicants to allow us to know where we stand?

@Yamiiiiii I don't think it is necessary to follow up, unless it's already July and you're not getting any news from anyone. Although, most universities wouldn't mind you asking too, so it's really up to you. I think some universities inform applicants some don't. 

You can check the "status" that everyone's talking about in the CSC online application, after you submitted your application it says "Submitted".

• Like 1

This wait is killing me!

In other news I keep getting emails that I have been nominated for Wuhan University

scholarship even though I did not apply there.

Seems they are desperate for people to go!

Maybe the London MOE are just trying to get people off the waiting list and into

unis such as Wuhan so there are more spaces left for other people...

On 09.05.2017 at 4:19 AM, julia_sh said:

I applied to SUFE and got an email that I'm selected. They also told me that they already sent the documents to Beijing but my status on laihua is still Submitted.

Any updates on your application?

No updates on my application. They didn't send me the e-mail that I'm selected, they previously told me that my documents would be sent to Beijing in reply to my inquiry, that was on 27th of May. I know another guy who got similar reply on 29th of May.

No change in my status on laihua, is still Submitted, the same as yours.

On 09.05.2017 at 2:32 PM, Kingsley88 said:

I WAS TOLD THAT ALL EMAILS HAVE BEEN SENT TO SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS AND THAT IF YOU HAVEN'T RECEIVED ANY EMAIL YET, IT MEANS YOU WERE NOT SUCCESSFUL. CHEERS.

So, you are not on the list?

Have you applied to other universities?

On 09.05.2017 at 6:14 PM, sufei said:

Has anyone else applied for Xiamen University? :)

Hi, I applied to Xiamen University.

They contacted me in mid-April to change some information in my application.

I know one guy he got refused the day before yesterday through univerisity online application system.

Have you got any news from them, any updates on your application?

Hi all, this might be a very silly question but I'm not 100% clear about the procedure with CSC applications.

After I've submitted my application to my embassy, does it get forwarded to the university itself or to the CSC for review? I know that with CIS applications it's: CI -> university -> Hanban, but what's the order/procedure with CSC applications?

@Jellyfish As far as I know, the embassy mails all the application packages to the CSC. After that I am assuming the CSC sends out your applications to the target schools, if they deem you qualified. If your first choice of schools accepts you as a CSC student as well, then you probably will get that school and not your second or third choice. I don't know for sure but this seems to be the process from what I've read either in these forums or in direct emails with the embassy.

• Like 1

Hey guys (for those who applied directly to the Universities), if none of the applications change into -IN PROGRESS-, then should we call directly to the universities and ask why it's so long? Is there anyone who's status did not change also?

Hello! I applied directly to the uni and my status is still submitted and I didn't get any info from the uni yet. I hope that I will get the notice by the end of may/beginning of June (I assume that time university finish nominate candidates). I'm really worried now.