Chinese-Forums

2017 CSC Scholarships

Angelina

@VL02 Who knows... The person in charge of the ISO office told me not to worry but two weeks ago she told we all the packages should have been delivered last week... Now since many of us are in the same case I tend to think that it's normal...

• New Members

Thank you for helping.

The problem is that my status in CSC website didn't change at all, still submitted. And a friend told me that my name was on the list sent by the university to CSC, so am getting confused.

Any ideas ?

@Vitus

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Lolo said:

can you be rejected if your status is “in progress” ? has it happened to anyone before ?

Sorry to say but you can still be rejected even though your status is 'in progress'. For example, my CSC status for Tsinghua University is 'in progress' even though I'm on the waiting list of their CSC recommendation list. So unless some confirmed candidates fail to get the scholarship or drop out or CSC increases Tsinghua's quota, I'm not going to get the scholarship.

Always remember that every University sends a list to CSC which have both primary/confirmed and backup/waiting candidates. So, if your status is 'in progress', but you are a substitute in the University's recommendation list, you have, let's say, a 50/50 chance to get the scholarship. But, if you are a primary candidate, then you have, let's say, a 98% chance to get the scholarship.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Tarek90 said:

For example, my CSC status for Tsinghua University is 'in progress' even though I'm on the waiting list of their CSC recommendation list.

You were not recommended? How do you know you're in the waiting list?

I was notified by the Chinese embassy in Beijing that I received a one year general scholarship on the 4th of July. They posted it by DHL on the 6th and it arrived by the 10th of July. I'm going to ECNU.

• Like 2

Hi. I am an American, and I have been awarded the CSC scholarship. I have had confirmation from both the Chinese Embassy in Washington D.C. and IIE(the Institute of International Education) over the course of last week, of what university I will be attending, as well as my estimated departure and arrival dates. I have not, however, received my official acceptance letter from my actual university/visa paperwork/don't know what date to buy my plane ticket for and prices can only go up from here, and the education secretary that has been my liaison throughout this process has said that she will mail all of our essential documents as they come to her. This is about it.