Chinese-Forums

2019 CSC Scholarships

lethargica
Lu
Message added by Lu

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Lu

1 hour ago, JL said:

or does the university set up  a bank account to deposit the funds of our living allowance

According to information from my school (Renmin), you need to open an account with the bank of China. Then share account details with the school for managing of the monthly stipend. I would like to believe it's the same with other Unis. 

3 hours ago, zakinrhd said:

Hello,

I have a question.

Is there anyone from Indonesia applying for one year Mandarin study?

Di sini ada yang lamar beasiswa belajar Mandarin setahun gak?

Hi my neighbour fellow, I'm from Malaysia. I got the scholarship in 2017-18 for a 1 year chinese language program and I stay in Ocean university of china, Qingdao for 1 year. Did you apply for the scholarship too ?

1.  What is your native country? 

Saint Vincent & the Grenadines

2.  Where did you apply?

To the Organization of the American States (OAS) on behalf of the Chinese Embassy in Washington D.C. 

3.  When did you apply? 

February 13, 2019

4.  When was the deadline?

March 10, 2019

5.  Have you applied for the scholarship before?

NO

6.  What program did you apply for?

Bachelor Degree in Business Administration

7.  Did you apply for a Chinese preparatory year?

Yes

8.  What schools did you put for your preferences? 

1.  East China University of Science & Technology 2.  Jiangnan University 3. Nanjing  University of Information Science & Technology 

9.  Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand?

Yes, got Pre-Admission Letter for East China University of Science & Technology

10. What agency number did you use?

11. Where did you get your physical done?

University Doctor 

12. How did you get your documents notarized?

Notary Public

13. Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why?

Yes 

14.  How were you notified?

Email from OAS

15. When were you accepted or rejected?

July 30th 

16. What university and program were you accepted to?

Bachelor Degree in Business Administration- Zhejiang Normal University

17.  If applicable: What university would you attend your Chinese preparatory year or two?

Chinese Language Studies- Nanjing Normal University  (1 year)

I am hoping other scholarship recipients would post their results as well for future reference. 

Congrats again to all 2019 CSC scholarship recipients and to those who did not make it please try again next year.??????

• Like 2

16 hours ago, JL said:

Does anyone know how we will receive the funds for the living allowance? Will the funds be deposited into any bank account of our choice (e.g. our own bank accounts from our home countries), or does the university set up  a bank account to deposit the funds of our living allowance, or are we required to set up Chinese bank accounts on our own, in which the university will deposit the living allowance ,or something else? Thanks. 

In my case, first living allowance was given in cash on my first day. Soon after you will go with other students and teacher to the Bank of China and make an account there where the money will be deposited every month 

• Like 1

• New Members
7 hours ago, zakinrhd said:

Hello,

I have a question.

Is there anyone from Indonesia applying for one year Mandarin study?

Di sini ada yang lamar beasiswa belajar Mandarin setahun gak?

Hi, I'm also from Indonesia. I applied for type A bachelor's. Have you gotten the results yet?

• New Members

Thanks everyone for the replies. For those attending SJTU, I received an email yesterday from iso.c@shtu.edu.cn saying the following:

Dear New SJTUer, 

Welcome to SJTU. Hope everything goes well. 

For your convenience, on 7th September(ONLY) , we specially arranged the pick-up service from Pudong Airport to Minhang/Xuhui campus.If you want to sign-up this service, please fill out the questionnaire (scan the QR code or click the link below) before 15th, August to ensure seating arrangements. 

Link: 
http://kyeuon2c50fgtlud.mik.....

Or Scan the QR Code:

Can anyone confirm if this email is legit or if it’s a phishing scam? I don’t want to click the link in case. Thanks. 

• New Members

Dear All.

I have my LLM admission into Peking University Law School and have also applied for the Chinese Government Scholarship under the sub-category of Youth of Excellence Scheme (YES).
Has anyone in this group already received info about the result of the YES scholarship application? 

57 minutes ago, latinscholar said:

Did you get any pre-admission letter? If so, I really believe you got the scholarship. 

no pre adminssion letter and no emails from any university, so far. However, the preadission letter wasnt a necessary last time I applied, and l got into my target uni without it. And I received the results both times from the same email address, but I will call them tomorrow just to be clear since I already replied to their email that I accepted the scholarship ?

Hope to have some good news tomorrow

• Like 2

Hi guys,

so I was awarded the CSC scholarship for Zhejiang University. In the embassy website, it says I can be there September 1st. In the acceptance letter, it says that I can register September 2nd~3rd, so I assume dorms will be available in sep. 1st. Anyone else that is going there can assure me? I tried contacting someone from the uni about it but wasn’t very successful.

thanks.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, GabrielaVD said:

hey guys, its me again ? I was just admitted into UIBE with CSC type A!!

Amazing, we're all happy for you :) Best example that you should never give up hope. You're gonna have amazing time in China 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1