Chinese-Forums

2019 CSC Scholarships

lethargica
Lu
Message added by Lu

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Lu

Good Day All,

I can' believe how close we all are to knowing the outcome of our applications. I just want to wish everyone all the best. I hope we would all continue to share our experiences in the various forums for future applicants to read. 

The wait has been real. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just got wechat message that I have been admitted to CUFE with full chinese government scholarship. I wish everyone who is still waiting extremely good luck and it was a VERY stressful time waiting for the admission notice. Oh, and also if anyone knows anything about CUFE, I would really like to hear. I can not find anything about the school in english at all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Enio said:

Sun-Yat-Sen University has replied to me and I unfortunately did not make it to the next level. I wish everyone the best and whoever gets CSC, enjoy it to the maximum!

Hi! Sorry to hear that :(

Where are you from and what program did you apply for?

30 minutes ago, GabrielaVD said:

Has anyone applying type A received any news from their Embassies so far? I dont have any news from any uni or Embassy, the waiting is killing me haha waa

me, kinda(?) 

i received those emails from xiada back in mid june but i haven't heard anything, aaanything ever since ? i want to know already!! 

• Like 1

"Has anyone applying type A received any news from their Embassies so far? I dont have any news from any uni or Embassy, the waiting is killing me haha waa"
@GabrielaVD
I have applied as Type A and got message from university that I was accepted as scholarship student and they will send me JW201 (which is fully funded scholarship visa form). I havent heard anything from embassy yet and my CSC application is "In progress"

Hope this helps

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GabrielaVD said:
1 hour ago, GabrielaVD said:

Has anyone applying type A received any news from their Embassies so far? I dont have any news from any uni or Embassy, the waiting is killing me haha waa

I applied for A type, but for the EU Window and there is no news at all. ? I have a friend in Britain who told me she called her embassy and the results will be out next week or the week after. I guess it's different for every country, but I have a feeling we won't have any news this week yet. ?

• Like 1

On 7/17/2019 at 10:36 AM, Rutingting said:

applied for A type, but for the EU Window and there is no news at all. ? I have a friend in Britain who told me she called her embassy and the results will be out next week or the week after. I guess it's different for every country, but I have a feeling we won't have any news this week yet. ?

EU Window released resulta yearly around 21st of July, so let's hope next week we will know. I am also so curious.

BTW: how about creating a WeChat for EU Window applicants? 

• Thanks 1

I applied for a Type A scholarship through a consulate. On Sunday evening, a representative from the university let me know that my admission letter was on its way to the consulate. I received a call from the consulate yesterday (Tuesday) about my admission letter, which should be shipped to me today (Wednesday). Currently, my application status on the CSC website is listed as In Progress.

However, I did apply for admission to a university in a smaller city...so I'm wondering if that helped me get the scholarship.

Edit: just offering some info about my experience so far in case anyone finds helpful

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, zakinrhd said:
On 7/16/2019 at 7:24 PM, Enio said:

Sun-Yat-Sen University has replied to me and I unfortunately did not make it to the next level. I wish everyone the best and whoever gets CSC, enjoy it to the maximum!

Hi! Sorry to hear that :(

Where are you from and what program did you apply for?

I'm from Mozambique. I applied for a MBA

11 hours ago, BM said:

i got two emails from Tsinghua last week.. 

Nice! Expect the documents from your embassy/consulate soon.

9 hours ago, yaycat said:

However, I did apply for admission to a university in a smaller city...so I'm wondering if that helped me get the scholarship.

Applying for a smaller city or less well known university would increase your chances as there should be less competition I guess. Some of us have applied for the big names in Beijing and Shanghai this year and have been admitted so there is more to the scholarship process than meets the eye.

On 7/16/2019 at 12:24 PM, Enio said:

Sun-Yat-Sen University has replied to me and I unfortunately did not make it to the next level. 

Keep on trying until you get it. Work on your personal statement/study plan and make it better than the rest.

I applied for the Confucius Scholarship last year and failed at Stage 4 because of some silly technicality beyond my control. Was well annoyed but I guess this year is better to go to China considering my current circumstances. 

13 hours ago, GabrielaVD said:

the waiting is killing me haha waa

13 hours ago, cxn0610 said:

i want to know already!! 

Have patience young padawans ?

12 hours ago, Rutingting said:

I have a friend in Britain who told me she called her embassy and the results will be out next week or the week after. 

Thanks for the update, will see if my name is on the list next week or in two weeks.

• Thanks 2

In my country, Argentina, they released the embassy scholarship today at wechat group so those who are waiting in other countries you must be real close to know the results (im on Confucius one, but im also there checking on hows everyone doing).

Good luck to everyone!

• Like 1
  • Helpful 2